anolefan's Back From Hiatus, Pre-Halloween Trip Report

Tom- If you didn't already have your TCD Junior Deputy Badge, I would give you one right now for the 800 loop bus stop photos!

I wonder how many time that bus stop has been hit?

The brilliant Fort managers have tried to remedy this situation, finally resorting to cutting off the corner of the roof earlier this year, as your photos show.

I think it's time for them to move the stupid thing. They could move it across the street and put it right behind site 617. Nobody would hit it there, and the folks camping on 617 would have a constant stream of customers for their hot dog stand.

Oh- and I love the River Country photos- I noticed the crumbling rocks beneath the old slides on my last visit, and tried to get a photo-I failed- you got a good one!

TCD

Thanks Andrew! That bus stop really is in a bad spot.

I didn't get a shot of 617, but almost snatched a burger off of their picnic table when they weren't looking.

Glad you didn't fall off the earth! Good to have you back.... and with a TR to boot! :yay:

I agree with your boys about river country. What a shame. But I can't dwell on that....

Thanks Kim!

We are up to Sunday afternoon and with DM gone, we decided to head down to the marina so the kids could play on the beach.

The boys took a shot at tetherball. DW and I relaxed in the sun, and DD played in the sand.

052.jpg

053.jpg

No fun game between siblings is complete without an argument:

054.jpg

055.jpg

We went on one more looping run before DW and DD departed home.

059.jpg

060.jpg

064.jpg

We loved this Scotty (I think that's the name):

061.jpg

Beware of hitchhiking ghosts:

068.jpg

On the way to pick up the car at the overflow lot we stopped at TCD Ranch for a photo:

065.jpg

With DW and DD gone, it was just the boys and I. Up next we ride our bikes to the lodge for dinner.

The boys and I decided to ride over to the lodge for dinner.

We ate at Roarin Fork:

071.jpg

072.jpg

The boys decided they wanted ice cream for desert. When it came time to get their ice cream, the machine was being either repaired or filled and it took a long time, so we exchanged the ice cream for these cupcakes. The boys were happy with this exchange.

Chocolate Caramel for DS6:

073.jpg

077.jpg

S'mores for DS9:

074.jpg

075.jpg

I had a s'mores too!

After dinner we walked around he lodge for a bit and then biked back to the Fort:

078.jpg

079.jpg

We saw more deer on the path:

080.jpg

081.jpg

Here is a random shot by walkway to the bike barn:

082.jpg

We spent the rest of the night looping, watching baseball and looping some more.

IMG_0206.jpg

I've always love this spot, but have never got a picture of it:

087.jpg

DS9 really wanted to get a picture of the wanted sign for Bart Allen because he thinks it is hilarious, so here you go:

083.jpg

My last little update coming shortly. Departure day.

Tom, kudos for the kids in Rays gear. Always good to see a Tampa Bay supporter. I would have loved to see the reaction on the RV owners face when his window went pop on the bus stop. As I have always said, just like first time boaters you have to practice pulling big trailers. If people were more careful, that bus stop would have never been touched. I enjoy at times just sitting at busy boat launches and watch the fights break out due to in experinced boaters and trailer backer uppers...lol

Great pictures! This update had it all. Halloween decorations, cute kids pics and cupcakes. ;D

H and I split the Carrot Cake Cupcake for our Anniversary. How was the Smores' one? That was our other choice but we were too full for 2 cupcakes.

Thanks Kim! Oh yea the cupcakes were good, I enjoyed the Smores the most.

Still lovin' the TR Tom. Man! don't you just hate it when a bus stop gets in the way of a bus! :rofl2:

Thanks H!

I feel for the camper that lost their window.

Tom, kudos for the kids in Rays gear. Always good to see a Tampa Bay supporter. I would have loved to see the reaction on the RV owners face when his window went pop on the bus stop. As I have always said, just like first time boaters you have to practice pulling big trailers. If people were more careful, that bus stop would have never been touched. I enjoy at times just sitting at busy boat launches and watch the fights break out due to in experienced boaters and trailer backer uppers...lol

Thanks! We really enjoy the Rays, the boys especially. I agree totally, that is why we opted to get a pop up for our first camper. This has been my first experience pulling a trailer so I wanted something I could get my feet wet with that would fit the family comfortably. It has been a great learning experience.

Great update Tom! Those cupcakes look good. And I like the looping pics. But that poor bus stop. It can't catch a break.

Thanks Dave! The boys were happy that the ice cream machine was under repair after eating the cupcakes!

Monday is departure day :( and I got up early to get things broken down so we could enjoy one last looping run before leaving.

The boys were not happy about leaving:

P1050467.jpg

This has been the best investment for our camping trips, and has saved us from many mosquito bites:

P1050465.jpg

Once the camper was broken down and hitched up, we went to the Meadows so the boys could enjoy the foam rockets their Nana gave them:

092.jpg

093.jpg

094.jpg

095.jpg

I don't know how he spotted this, but DS6 wanted me to get a picture of this spider he noticed on a earlier cart ride. Apologies for the blurred image:

090.jpg

What the heck happened to this sign?

091.jpg

We went down to Settlement one last time, and I got a shot of Judy's decor:

096.jpg

One last shot from the beach:

099.jpg

The boys are not really ready to go, but it was time:

100.jpg

I have just recently purchased a new iPhone, which I love, and in doing so handed down my iTouch to my oldest boy. When I got home and took his to charge for him I looked at the notes section and saw he had been busy during our trip:

IMG_0026.png

IMG_0025.png

IMG_0024.png

The above photos really make me feel good. It seems that every trip, the kids bring something "special" back home with them. We have a new camping journal now that they will all write down their memories for each trip. I can't wait to look back at all this as time passes by.

And with that I'm done. Thanks for reading and commenting.

055.jpg

We loved this Scotty (I think that's the name):

061.jpg

Great job as usual Tom! Great to have one of our great trip report writers back in business.

Love this picture of your daughter!!

Do you remember which loop this camper was in? Donnie and I went inside one that looked like this, and it was beautiful! The people that remodeled it did an excellent job.

:yay: Love the TR Tom! Breaking down to leave is always sad but at least you take your boys for one last looping trip. H just makes us get in the truck. Boo!

We are fans of the Therma Cell too! Where did you find that holster for it? We just sit ours on the ground.

Thanks Kim!

I got the Therma Cell holster as part of a combo pack at Wal-Mart about a year ago. It was on clearance and I'm not sure if they still sell it or not together. I think you can purchase the holster separately online though.

Great job as usual Tom! Great to have one of our great trip report writers back in business.

Love this picture of your daughter!!

Do you remember which loop this camper was in? Donnie and I went inside one that looked like this, and it was beautiful! The people that remodeled it did an excellent job.

Thank you! I believe it was in either the 300 or 100 loop. Can't remember for certain.

I've got to get caught up on your report now!

Tom-

I just had the chance to finish reading your report.

Great job!

It's great to have you back.

I love the notes your son made on his ipod touch. Is he the same one that drew the River Country map on one of your previous trips? He really is a bright kid! (he must take after his mother).

I hope to see you around the Fort again some time.

TCD

Tom-

I just had the chance to finish reading your report.

Great job!

It's great to have you back.

I love the notes your son made on his ipod touch. Is he the same one that drew the River Country map on one of your previous trips? He really is a bright kid! (he must take after his mother).

I hope to see you around the Fort again some time.

TCD

Thanks Andrew!

My son is the one who wrote the book about RV's after our New Year's trip, the other boy drew the River Country map. They both LOVE the Fort!

He definitely takes after his mother in the intelligence department. As a matter of fact, he has her good looks too. I'm not too sure what he inherited from me :)

I hope to see you around as well, we are trying to find something around New Year's again, but don't know how that will work out.

Nice report. The iPod notes are cute.

Thanks, and I appreciate you reading along and commenting!

Your family is adorable and I enjoyed all the pics!

Thanks Rita! I appreciate you reading along.

Good report Tom. As usual, your kids are adorable. Love the iPod notes. That really tells you something...your son is a Junior Fiend!

Thanks Dave! I will have to keep an eye on him and apparently keep him far, far away from the 500 loop :rofl2: