Lots of Firsts and Better Late Than Never

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree that it does look like a mickey head that was stepped on an peed itself.

Cool! I didn't know walking them was allowed! Maybe I will "walk/run" a marathon one day afterall. ;D

:bravo: Now I have to do it twice - once in Jan and once in Feb.

:

I'm loving every bit so far.. I mean, really, you even met a Rockstar!

:

I am a legend in my own mind.

I love the report in that I can get to know everyone. The pictures make it more personal and easy to recognize everyone when at the Fort. Hoping to meet those who will be at the Fort November 27 - December 9.

I love the report in that I can get to know everyone. The pictures make it more personal and easy to recognize everyone when at the Fort. Hoping to meet those who will be at the Fort November 27 - December 9.

I am much better looking in person than I am in my picture.

Yay! I've been waiting for this trip report for weeks! Love seeing your family and hearing about your trip so far, and am definitely looking forward to more!

Thanks, Leslie. I hope it it continues to meet your expectations! :D You will soon find out that you were the saving grace of my run!

Liv - sorry I am late getting on board with your report. Your visit was one of the highlights of our trip. I only wish Lance could have come. Gage and Gretchen are so polite and well behaved. You and Lance are doing a great job raising them to be fine citizens. Thanks for taking the time to come out to see us. Now, back to the report!

I'm so glad to know that I did not ruin your trip! I've worried for weeks that I made a horrible impression on y'all. Lance would have liked to have met y'all as well. Looks like we are gonna have to make that happen!

:yay: Yippee!! A Liv Report! Better late than never for sure!!!!

I'm loving every bit so far.. I mean, really, you even met a Rockstar!

LOVE the grumpy face early a.m. photos. Serves them right for not getting up and making you get impatient. :rofl2:

Oh KFK, my TR will not compare to yours! Plus I have no funny Grammy stories to tell in this one.

I've always been partial to FWG, but after meeting him and his wife in person, I've discovered I'm even more partial! Sweet, sweet couple!

My family drove my test of patience to a new level during this trip. I must admit I need to stop and smell the roses more often though. I'm gonna die before I'm 50 and they are all gonna live to be 100!

Off to a great start. I just know it's going to be great!

Sho' could go for another Lance video concert. :)

Howdy H! :clint:

Might have to have Lance sing at a FF GG sometime. I better check with him first! :rofl2:

I am a legend in my own mind.

Mine too!

Loving this trip report. My children tend to have that same grumpy face when I wake them up early. You are right family time is so precious.

Glad I'm not the only one with grumpy faced youngins!

Glad you're here!

Whoo hoo! Olivia's doing a trip report! I can't wait to hear all about it.

You can't wait to hear all about it? You were there when it all happened! :rofl2: I sure wish we had gotten a picture together. 'Cept every time I saw you, you were all made up and gorgeous. I looked like something ressurected from the dead!

Man, am I late to the party or what? But better late than never, right? Loving everything so far.

Well, except you forgeting a pic of your cookies and cream shake at CkFilA! :argh:

I guess I can't lecture, seeing as how I forgot so many food pics in my last report. So, I'll lay off my kid sister this time. On with the show!

I posted the empty cup on FB while we were travelling....Empty cups don't do much, do they?

Thanks for not giving me too hard a time, bro!

OK, where's the next installment? I'm not through being entertained yet.

:camp1:

I know, I know. My weekend was CRAZY and my time during the week is so limited with the kids using the one computer for school! I'm asking for a computer for Christmas and giving the kids this one...that is IF I get a new one!

I hope you get to meet lots of fiends during your trip too! I've yet to meet one I did not like!

I am much better looking in person than I am in my picture.

:rofl2: Yes, you are!

Sorry I'm taking so long. My life is just really busy right now. Who am I kidding? I still have kids at home...it's ALWAYS busy!

Anyway, I'm thinking I should just do what I said I was going to do in the first place...post pics, no narration. It's just so hard for me not to talk. :))

I'll finish up with a few more pics from the day we arrived at Papa and Grammy's.

More "firsts"...not only did I get to see my cousin's baby for the first time, but I got to see him and finally meet his wife. (He's in the Marines and can't always coincide his visits with ours.

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

Shortly after dinner, Lance and I headed out for one last quick run/walk before the half marathon. I was already battling with some blisters from 2 weeks prior and for some reason that particular run/walk session magnified those blisters about 100 fold! However, we went to visit my Nana in the nursing home (pic is on my phone) before going to the dreaded Wal-Mart for last minute groceries and something for my blisters. By this time it was 10:00. I could hardly walk, and exhaustion had taken me over! When we got back to Papa and Grammy's and began to finish loading the camper, some unwanted bugs decided to come out and play. I can NOT tell you how badly I HATE roaches. In fact, I don't even say the word!! But, I saw 4 in the camper and was not about to sleep 1 night let alone 8 in there! So, I went back to Wal-Mart to buy some foggers and spray....$30 worth! In a 40 foot camper, I put 4 foggers out and sprayed the underneath storage. I also took everything out of the camper and washed it before loading it back the next morning. We never saw any dead ones while we were at the Fort, but we didn't see any live ones either! :yay:

Oh KFK, my TR will not compare to yours! Plus I have no funny Grammy stories to tell in this one.

I've always been partial to FWG, but after meeting him and his wife in person, I've discovered I'm even more partial! Sweet, sweet couple!

My family drove my test of patience to a new level during this trip. I must admit I need to stop and smell the roses more often though. I'm gonna die before I'm 50 and they are all gonna live to be 100!

It doesn't need to compare. It will be even better. Especially when I read it in a TN accent! ::) hehehehe.

I'll miss the Grammy stories but if you had one more person making you late your patience may have really taken a hit! :rofl2:

Without Grammy in your TR it's really lucky you ran into a rock star. I hear he's better looking in person than in his picutres. :rolleyes:

Shortly after dinner, Lance and I headed out for one last quick run/walk before the half marathon. I was already battling with some blisters from 2 weeks prior and for some reason that particular run/walk session magnified those blisters about 100 fold! However, we went to visit my Nana in the nursing home (pic is on my phone) before going to the dreaded Wal-Mart for last minute groceries and something for my blisters. By this time it was 10:00. I could hardly walk, and exhaustion had taken me over! When we got back to Papa and Grammy's and began to finish loading the camper, some unwanted bugs decided to come out and play. I can NOT tell you how badly I HATE roaches. In fact, I don't even say the word!! But, I saw 4 in the camper and was not about to sleep 1 night let alone 8 in there! So, I went back to Wal-Mart to buy some foggers and spray....$30 worth! In a 40 foot camper, I put 4 foggers out and sprayed the underneath storage. I also took everything out of the camper and washed it before loading it back the next morning. We never saw any dead ones while we were at the Fort, but we didn't see any live ones either! :yay:

Can't wait to hear all about your run!! I'm hoping there are lots of photos!

OK, I'm going on record right now. I AM 100% ANTI-ROACH! IMHO... that was $30.00 well spent!

You can't wait to hear all about it? You were there when it all happened! :rofl2: I sure wish we had gotten a picture together. 'Cept every time I saw you, you were all made up and gorgeous. I looked like something ressurected from the dead!

Oh Puleeeze!!! The first time you saw me, I was so stressed out by the events of the day (the RV flooding) that I know I looked awful!!! The second time we met up with each other, we were both soaked to the skin by all the rain! We will definitely have to take a picture the next time we see each other...and we will look gorgeous! :)

It doesn't need to compare. It will be even better. Especially when I read it in a TN accent! ::) hehehehe.

I'll miss the Grammy stories but if you had one more person making you late your patience may have really taken a hit! :rofl2:

Without Grammy in your TR it's really lucky you ran into a rock star. I hear he's better looking in person than in his picutres. ::)

Can't wait to hear all about your run!! I'm hoping there are lots of photos!

OK, I'm going on record right now. I AM 100% ANTI-ROACH! IMHO... that was $30.00 well spent!

You are probably right about Grammy! She rode with us the day we checked in and caused us to be late, but wait til you hear what I did!

You're not going to believe this...NO pics of the race! That was a fiasco and a half!

Oh Puleeeze!!! The first time you saw me, I was so stressed out by the events of the day (the RV flooding) that I know I looked awful!!! The second time we met up with each other, we were both soaked to the skin by all the rain! We will definitely have to take a picture the next time we see each other...and we will look gorgeous! :)

You did have a stressful first day....but you were one gorgeous stressed out lady! Oh that last day was awful. I think I'm still trying to dry out!

Roaches! Ew!! Glad you knocked 'em out dead!

You and me both!

Wake up, wake up

The sun is up

The dew is on the buttercup

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

Of course I had been up for hours trying to get in touch with my runner friends and figure out what to do with the Texas-sized blisters on my feet! I had come to the conclusion I was not going to be able to run, but we were still going to the Fort!

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00206.jpg

This hug must have thrown Lance off. When we got on the interstate I looked in the rear view mirror and the red bike was just hanging. He forgot to strap it down! :))

DSC00203.jpg

Bear is sad we're leaving.

DSC00204.jpg

Continuously checking for those pesty little "r's"

DSC00207.jpg

Muffy can't stand when my Dad leaves her. She is refusing to get out of the driveway here, but Gretchen did eventually move her.

DSC00211.jpg

Mom and I left for Walgreen's before the rest of the crew pulled out in hopes to find something to work on my blisters. It was MUCH later than I wanted to leave, but that's to be expected when Grammy is involved. I obviously get my gift of being late from my Mom, but I tend to run 5-15 minutes late. She runs HOURS behind!

Some random pics Lance and the kids took while traveling.

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00217.jpg

DSC00219.jpg

DSC00223.jpg

DSC00227.jpg

The site we all love to see!

DSC00228.jpg

You are probably right about Grammy! She rode with us the day we checked in and caused us to be late, but wait til you hear what I did!

You're not going to believe this...NO pics of the race! That was a fiasco and a half!

Well now I can't wait to hear what you did!

NO pics of the race? well, ok. That is understandable. :))

Wake up, wake up

The sun is up

The dew is on the buttercup

This hug must have thrown Lance off. When we got on the interstate I looked in the rear view mirror and the red bike was just hanging. He forgot to strap it down! :))

DSC00203.jpg

Mom and I left for Walgreen's before the rest of the crew pulled out in hopes to find something to work on my blisters. It was MUCH later than I wanted to leave, but that's to be expected when Grammy is involved. I obviously get my gift of being late from my Mom, but I tend to run 5-15 minutes late. She runs HOURS be

Now I understand the grumpy morning faces on your kids. If you sang that buttercup song to me I would have thrown my pillow at you! :rofl2: :heart:

Who wouldn't be thrown off by that hug? He didn't stand a chance.

Sounds like our lateness is equal. If we ever meet up we'll get there at the same time! :rofl3:

Now I understand the grumpy morning faces on your kids. If you sang that buttercup song to me I would have thrown my pillow at you! :rofl2: :heart:

Sounds like our lateness is equal. If we ever meet up we'll get there at the same time! :rofl3:

I can't help it. I LOVE mornings!

I'll hold you to that! ;)

I don't know what Liv is talking about with this late thing. When we met for dinner a couple weeks ago, she arrived with her family exactly when she said she would.

She's a very punctual Fiend!

I know, but y'all still had to wait on us!

Other than the bike hanging from the bike rack, which was an easy fix, our 3 hour drive to Orlando from Glen St. Mary was uneventful. The weather was hot and the rest area we always stop at hadn't changed much. :))

A little closer to that sign

DSC00239.jpg

that leads to this sign

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

That's where the trouble began.

My Dad gave our name and there was no information that we were to check in that day! Lance calls me and says, "Honey are you sure you made our reservations?" Insulted, I angrily said, "I'm positive I made our reservations. I have the paperwork in my hand. That guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Send him to me!" To make a long story short, we did have reservations, but our check in date was the 29th, not the 30th. Now I am ditzy. I admit that, but I am meticulous with records so this was a humbling experience. I'm just glad that I was not a complete jerk before it was all straightened out. I had called the week prior to pay our balance hoping to eliminate one extra stress, but even during that whole procedure I did not recognize the discrepancy. :facepalm:

DSC00245.jpg

The guys wanted Lance and me to switch places for check in just in case there was another blunder. The lines were not real long but they were longer than I had ever witnessed so Lance and I switched. We got in trouble for "getting out of the car." :popo: I was now starting to rethink our decision to come. I was hoping this was not a sign of things to come. :laugh:

DSC00246.jpg

DSC00247.jpg

"Can you believe I did that?" (the mistake with our check in date)

And, "I can't believe I just got in trouble!"

DSC00248.jpg

Looks like Todd made the trip!

DSC00249.jpg

Didn't get the name of the CM that checked us in, but I think he was having a bad day...like low blood sugar or something. He was SLOW as Christmas and apparently had a hard time with my southern accent. I was not feeling the love. He even called a manager over, during our check in, and asked if he could take his lunch break.

DSC00253.jpg

We were there for 30 minutes! I am not lying! Lance even called to see what the "problem was this time."

Thankfully those bad memories were eased by this.

DSC00256.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

DSC00261.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

DSC00266.jpg