Lots of Firsts and Better Late Than Never

Loving your report!

I have always wanted an English Bulldog. Too cute.

Can't wait for more!

I have a ton of pictures of that dog! Apparently my husband thought he was cute too. He really was cute... and was very sweet. My cousin's current living arrangements don't allow for a pet. That's why my parents have him. Now that my cousin and his wife have the baby, they are wanting to find a permanent home for him. My Mom is having hip replacement surgery in December and they can't take care of him much longer. They would love to though. In fact I think it's one reason Muffy is so jealous of him. She knows my parents like Bear more than they like her! :rofl2:

I love mornings too but on my own terms. :rofl2:

Looking forward to finally meeting you! You can definitely hold me to that! :heart:

I AM GOING TO!!!!!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree that it does look like a mickey head that was stepped on an peed itself.

Cool! I didn't know walking them was allowed! Maybe I will "walk/run" a marathon one day afterall. ;D

:bravo: Now I have to do it twice - once in Jan and once in Feb.

Liv, sorry I'm so late. Great job so far! You sure have a nice looking family.

I love the kids morning pics. :rofl2: If you remember from my Labor Day report, I too like to catch people (Doodle & Lisa) early morning. Be careful though, I have officially been paid back by Tri-B in her report.

I've had 3 bulldogs, and they are great dogs! I would love to have another one, but we knew that Mason would be a better breed for camping.

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

LOVIN' IT!!!

Thanks. I'm not near the writer as others are on this board, but one good thing about doing a TR is reliving your vacation!

Liv, sorry I'm so late. Great job so far! You sure have a nice looking family.

I love the kids morning pics. :rofl2: If you remember from my Labor Day report, I too like to catch people (Doodle & Lisa) early morning. Be careful though, I have officially been paid back by Tri-B in her report.

I've had 3 bulldogs, and they are great dogs! I would love to have another one, but we knew that Mason would be a better breed for camping.

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Well better late than never, right? :rofl3:

Since we're both morning people, we may have to get together some time. ;)

We wanted to bring Bear home with us, but it just wasn't happening. :(

I hope I can finish this TR...before 2012!

Unlike someone who's name begins with S, I'm not late. Been there from the start, nice job so far.

Hey, what happened to our burgers and dogs on the grill night? I maybe should have texted you BEFORE we were getting on I-4 to head home? ???

Once we got situated on our concrete pad, set up began.

DSC00268.jpg

There's Grammy with her cane. She really is in a bad way right now, but she did a great job supervising.

DSC00269.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

How come I always get the stinky job?

DSC00273.jpg

I believe I've made it very clear how I feel about the "r" word, right? Well, look what Gage discovered?

DSC00274.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

I actually got close enough to look at this one. This kids said the only reason I wasn't scared of it was because it was a Disney "r." :laugh: (Little did they know!)

It didn't live long after its discovery.

DSC00279.jpg

After set up, we had a quick sandwich and chips. Sorry no pics, Dave. It was really not picture worthy.

I really needed to get over the ESPN WWOS for packet pick up. So we left the kids with Papa & Grammy and were on our way. I called Grammy not more than 5 minutes after we left to have her tell Gretchen something for me and they had already left! WHAT?!?!?! They wanted to miss 5:00 traffic...it was a few minutes before 3:00. Again, WHAT?!?!?!

On our ride over, we could see where they were preparing for the race.

DSC00282.jpg

DSC00284.jpg

Saw TONS of these before, during, and after the race. Even though there were literally hundreds, if not thousands, every one had a line of no less than 50 people waiting! :laugh:

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00286.jpg

I caused Lance to make a wrong turn along the way, but we did eventually make it.

DSC00290.jpg

I don't think you can comprehend how many porta potties where "around" unless you saw it for yourself. This picture does not do it justice!

DSC00291.jpg

I MADE Lance take a picture of this gal in front of us. He did NOT want to. Neither did I, that's why I made him do it. :rofl2:

DSC00292.jpg

DSC00293.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

That's all I have time for right now. I'll be back!

After set up, we had a quick sandwich and chips. Sorry no pics, Dave. It was really not picture worthy.

That's ok. Pictures of sandwiches are not pood forn...they are just pictures of sandwiches. Of course, like all pood forn rules, there are exceptions. Such as sandwiches with 2 or more different kinds of cheese, or sandwiches that include any type of sauce. Or sandwiches that spent at least 2 minutes on a panini press. Or sandwiches that are made with any type of bread considered to be "artisan" bread. I also like to see pictures of sandwiches made from any kind of pulled meat, especially pork. And of course if your sandwich includes any component that has been fried it is worthy of being considered pood forn.

Heck, to be safe, in the future just take pictures of all sandwiches. :popo:

:rofl2: Finding out "what you did" was worth the wait! You asked why you got the "stinky" job... maybe it was because of the check in mishap? :rofl2:

This update really had me cracking up!!! For some reason I can't imagine you using an angry tone. :heart: or making Lance take a photo of an unsuspecting woman dressed inappropriately. :heart: :rofl2:

Love it Liv!!!!!

Loving the report, but you're killing me here:

You're not going to believe this...NO pics of the race! That was a fiasco and a half!

First, no pics of the race? :gaah:

And, it couldn't have been too much of a fiasco - I think I know "the rest of the story", but I sure am anxious to hear it all! :pc:

That's ok. Pictures of sandwiches are not pood forn...they are just pictures of sandwiches. Of course, like all pood forn rules, there are exceptions. Such as sandwiches with 2 or more different kinds of cheese, or sandwiches that include any type of sauce. Or sandwiches that spent at least 2 minutes on a panini press. Or sandwiches that are made with any type of bread considered to be "artisan" bread. I also like to see pictures of sandwiches made from any kind of pulled meat, especially pork. And of course if your sandwich includes any component that has been fried it is worthy of being considered pood forn.

Heck, to be safe, in the future just take pictures of all sandwiches. :popo:

Well you're in luck because I do get a pic at EOS a little later.

:rofl2: Finding out "what you did" was worth the wait! You asked why you got the "stinky" job... maybe it was because of the check in mishap? :rofl2:

This update really had me cracking up!!! For some reason I can't imagine you using an angry tone. :heart: or making Lance take a photo of an unsuspecting woman dressed inappropriately. :heart: :rofl2:

Love it Liv!!!!!

That's the first time I've messed up our reservations yet I have to do the stinky every time. The first couple of times I had my Dad unhook it, but darn, I even do that now too. Quite frankly, I think it's a clear indication of what my family thinks of me. :rofl2:

About the photo. I'm CERTAINLY not saying that Lance and I are as pure as the driven snow, but this was kind of naughty for both of us! :rofl2:

Loving the report, but you're killing me here:

First, no pics of the race? :gaah:

And, it couldn't have been too much of a fiasco - I think I know "the rest of the story", but I sure am anxious to hear it all! :pc:

Leslie, I was so stressed about transportation to the race. It's all I could think about. It's a miracle I got there with my shoes on. But the fiasco was about something I did forget! My poor husband was a saint by the end of the evening!

That's the first time I've messed up our reservations yet I have to do the stinky every time. The first couple of times I had my Dad unhook it, but darn, I even do that now too. Quite frankly, I think it's a clear indication of what my family thinks of me. :rofl2:

I'm really hoping the tag fairy doesn't see this post! :rofl2: :heart:

You're family thinks you're a sucker a woman who knows how to Git-R-Done. :rofl2:

I think my family thinks it's funny to get inopportune pics of me, but being as God has been working on my pride for some time, I'll post them anyway.

I was literally saying "Dear Lord, what have I gotten myself in to?" when Lance took this.

DSC00298.jpg

Getting my packet and signing my waiver to not sue Disney if I have a heart attack or am badly injured while running. :unsure:

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

Walking over to the EXPO.

DSC00303.jpg

The Expo. It was here I found something to be better than sliced bread. It's called Body Glide. It is the bomb! It almost erased my blisters in a short time! I am so grateful to Leslie and another friend who told me to get it! In fact as soon as Leslie found out about my blisters, she over-nighted some to me! Now that is a fiend! She is my hero and I knew anything she recommended was worthwhile! It was!!!!!!!!!!

DSC00305.jpg

Goody bag pick up.

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00308.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

I signed up for my family to be texted as I crossed the 5k, 10k, and 15k lines so they would know when to expect me to cross the finish line. All races probably do this, but this was my first big race so I thought that was pretty cool.

DSC00311.jpg

Back to the Fort we go!

DSC00312.jpg

DSC00315.jpg

DSC00316.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

As soon as we got back to the camper, Gretchen was dying to go swimming and Gage wanted to play b-ball. So I took Gretchy to the pool while Gage beat up on his Daddy. :laugh:

DSC00318.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

I have to figure out to upload (download, sideload, whatever you call it) pics from my phone. This night's dinner pic is on my phone. It was just spaghetti, garlic bread and salad, but more picture worthy than a sandwich.

Next up...Lance tells me to tame the beast even on vacation. :eek:

I was literally saying "Dear Lord, what have I gotten myself in to?" when Lance took this.

DSC00298.jpg

Next up...Lance tells me to tame the beast even on vacation. :eek:

:heart: Liv, this is a great pic! You had every right to be wondering what you got yourself into. Good for you for actually going though with it.

I can't wait to hear about taming the beast, though Im quite certain it doesn't have anything to do with where my mind immediately went. :))

Liv-

Thanks for slowing down on this TR while I was busy at the Fort.

But, I'm back now, so let's get a move on!

J/K- Take your time.

I liked the photos of the young lady with the purple top. That is definitely something I would have snapped a photo of as well. It's hard to beat the people-watching at WDW!

TCD

You know we checked out as you checked in. I don't know what would be worse...setting up camp in the rain or taking it down. Regardless it was wet and miserable. It stinks we didn't get to see each other AGAIN!

I will go ahead and tell you that we all agreed our favorite part of this visit besides meeting so many fiends was the Haunted Carriage Ride! Thanks!!

I have just about come to the conclusion that WDW comes in second to Wal-Mart regarding people in strange clothing. :wacko:

:heart: Liv, this is a great pic! You had every right to be wondering what you got yourself into. Good for you for actually going though with it.

I can't wait to hear about taming the beast, though Im quite certain it doesn't have anything to do with where my mind immediately went. :))

That is NOT a great pic and you and I both know it! :rofl3:

I don't think I want to know where your mind went and I'm fairly certain we are talking about 2 different things. :rofl2:

Before any rumors get started, let me enlighten you on the beast. The beast is what my family calls my hair when I get out of bed in the morning. Really. It can be quite interesting to say the least. I don't know who I inherited it from, but I have it. We have many, many pictures of my bed head. Lance has not been on vacation with us in so long, I guess he forgot that vacation does not exempt my hair from becoming the beast.

Of course I nervously get out of bed on our first whole day at the Fort. Later that evening, I would be running 13.1 miles with 14,000+ other people and I was not quite sure what to expect. There was no singing to arouse my family. I went out under the awning to pray, read my Bible, and start my morning coffee. Lance must have experienced sympathy pains because shortly after my rising, unbeknownst to me, he got up too!

DSC00328.jpg

We talked for a bit about what our day would consist of and he went back in the camper. I was getting hungry so I went in to see if he would get the griddle in the TALL cabinet so I could start breakfast. He was hiding in the bed with the camera to take a picture of the beast. (They do this all the time at home as well.)

DSC00326.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

Well that broke into laughter which got the kids up and so the beast ran to their bed to get them up.

DSC00329.jpg

Lance finally got around to getting the griddle for me.

DSC00331.jpg

Camping breakfast is the best, isn't it?

DSC00332.jpg

DSC00333.jpg

My blisters were still around, though much better, so I had Lance's shoes on to give my feet some space. The kids thought this was funny. ??? Oh to be a kid again.

DSC00334.jpg

"Gage, do not take a picture of my rumpus!"

DSC00335.jpg

DSC00337.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

What does one do after their belly is full? They go back to bed of course!

DSC00336.jpg

There was a ruckus in the camp site behind us.

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00346.jpg

DSC00348.jpg

We never did find out exactly what all the fuss was about.

Ok, now i am caught up on two TR's. This one is great! I am looking forward to more! I esp. want to read about the race. I did run a 1K once, when i was dating a runner. That was about 25 years ago. I would love to become one of the people you hear aboout who take up running in thier 50s. That gives me a few more years to just think about it. ;)

After breakfast Gretchen wanted to do some shopping and exploring with her Daddy. So off they went while Gage and I stayed behind to clean up and get ready.

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00352.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00354.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

I can't tell you how many people asked if we hauled the camper with our van.

DSC00359.jpg

As soon as they got back to the camper, we headed over to the TTC to pick up our park tickets.

DSC00360.jpg

No she did not hit the van.

DSC00361.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

Just in time!

DSC00363.jpg

DSC00364.jpg

DSC00365.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

Ok, now i am caught up on two TR's. This one is great! I am looking forward to more! I esp. want to read about the race. I did run a 1K once, when i was dating a runner. That was about 25 years ago. I would love to become one of the people you hear aboout who take up running in thier 50s. That gives me a few more years to just think about it. ;)

Now that I've done a half, I want to do a full...before I'm 40 which is just around the river bend. ;) Unfortunately as soon as we got home I hurt my knee while running and I've been ordered total rest for several weeks. :-[

When you decide to run again, check out Jeff Galloway. I LOVE his method...incorporates walking and running. :heart:

I am so enjoying reading about your trip. You have a beautiful family! Looking forward to reading about the race. I used to be a runner and always wanted to do a Disney race..........maybe someday! Looking forward to reading more!

Heidi

Well hello, Heidi, nice to meet you! Thanks for the compliment on my family. I think they're beautiful, but I know I'm biased! (What Mama is not?)

You should totally start running again and do a Disney race. It was AWESOME...when it was over! :))

That is the biggest "r" I've ever seen. Made me itch just looking at it!!!

Wasn't it huge? I grew up in FL where "r" bugs seem to be ginormous. So, believe it or not, I've seen bigger! :o

I am not kidding when I say Lance took thousands of pictures. At the end of the week we had to erase a bunch because our 8G card was full. Obviously I won't post all of them. :shh: Don't tell him. He was quite proud of himself. ;D

DSC00375.jpg

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00377.jpg

DSC00380.jpg

DSC00381.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00383.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00390.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

I'm laughing as I'm copying these pics because Lance took a pic of all 4 sides. No wonder he filled a whole memory card! ::)

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

That's all for tonight. I stayed home from church to prepare for a big day tomorrow and um, I haven't done a thing to prepare for tomorrow. :laugh: