Did you know we have a site app?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was finally able to get the app to work, somewhat. Allot of the pictures did not come up but site info did. Also, someone help me out here, the 600 loop info was off. If I remember correctly, when you enter the loop the lake is on your right. But the app said the lake front sites were on the left side of the road and the sites that butt up against the road were on the right. And a mere slight annoyance, but there is a number after the site descriptions. It's a 1 2 or 3. Not sure of its purpose. Phone is an HTC EVO shift and the standard browser. Didn't see any buttons to push.....

You don't have to. That is iTunes making money. We don't get anything from taptalk, like when you buy Lisa's app for her website. She gets that revenue. She deserves that revenue. If you are using the IPad, you can use the full version with no issues. I do it every day. I use the mobile version on my phone though. It is much easier.

Here's an idea: when you feel it's ready, make a QR code for it and post it to the site. That way, people can scan it with smartphones and jump right there, making it easier. I haven't made one yet, but I researched it and QR codes are free and easy to make.

That is definitely on the list of things to do. We are working on this during breaks from our real jobs. So, it will come along in chunks. We are trying every weekend to get more of the pictures loaded from the gmail account. All the oictures sent to us on CDs are on there.
  • 2 weeks later...

There is now a "submit" button on the Android app beta. There are still missing pictures. Please be patient, as the super geek is doing about 3 things at a time today on our day off. The full versions of the app will hopefully be available for the ipad and iphone and the android by the second week of March.

At that time, there will be two versions of each available. One version will be a free download and will have ads on it and the other version will be a paid version which will be free of ads. Both versions will be available for each type of device.

That is the plan so far.

• 2 months later...

Bump

The iPhone app is getting finished and will go into beta testing during the month of April. After that the actual app that is beta testing on the website will go into beta testing for the android market soon after the iPhone.

There will be two versions. One will have ads on it and will be free and one will not have ads on it and will be for a purchase price. This will be on both formats.