Carol is POPin around the "World" at RADP XVI!! - December 1 - 7, 2011

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love the pictures, Carol!! Thanks for taking us with you. :)

Mini Golf! :jumpforjoy I hope you remembered to "swing those hips and suck in that gut" :rofl2:

Come on, that is way too easy. It has to be the part where they feature Ricky Bobby! Oh, sorry, I forgot that they don't have any movies from this century. So, I will change my guess. It's got to be t

While at Universal, I saw Terminator, Jaws, Men in Black, and Rip Ride Rockit. I also watched the Macy's Parade.

I only have a few more pictures from the day, as my battery died on me.

100_5307.jpg

100_5308.jpg

100_5309.jpg

100_5310.jpg

IMG_20111206_155853.jpg

At that time Universal closed, but Islands of Adventure was still open for another hour, so I went back over there and tried the Harry Potter attraction again. My thoughts are still almost the same as the first ride. I think it is amazing, technologically advanced, and a totally immersive experience, but like Mission Space, I can only tolerate it every once in awhlie.

I did buy the picture!!

0139_001.jpg

Afterwards, I just relaxed in the area, bought a Frozen Butter Beer, YUMMY!!! and chilled out till the park closed.

Now, getting back to Disney. When you have a Mears round trip ticket, you call the number on the voucher about 2 hours before you wish to leave, and they will give you a pickup time. I had done that.

So I went back out to where I was dropped off and my shuttle arrived shortly.

Some friends of mine were meeting up at the Gurgling Suitcase over at Old Key West, so I had them drop me there.

We spent a wonderful evening with a few drinks, I used up my last counter service meal, and LOTS of laughter and hugs. I took the last boat from OKW over to Pleasure Island, then took a bus back to POP.

It was actually almost midnite when I got back to the resort. I stopped by the gift shop and picked up my purchases from the week and stopped by the front desk to get my bill printed out. My DME pickup was at 3:10 AM, so I actually stayed up, took a shower, packed everything to be left for my driving friends to pick up and take home with them.

The last couple of pics while waiting on the DME Bus.

100_5312.jpg

100_5313.jpg

100_5314.jpg

And that is it my friends. I was able to take a good nap on the DME bus and fortunately, both of my flights home were pretty empty, so I was able to snag empty rows, and get a good bit of sleep on the planes home.

Rick picked me up at the airport and I stumbled through the work day :-)

Thanks for reading, and I hope ya'll enjoyed!!!!

I have been to US a couple of times and I did enjoy it because I like movie stuff.

I love Lucy too!! Trevor is from Jamestown NY originally (as was Lucy) and they have a nice museum dedicated to her there.

I also love the Simpsons and am a little jealous that Homer is holding your hand......DOH! :rofl2:

You are a woman on the go...good job, it will keep you young.

Great report!

NOBODY rocks trip reports like the fiends. :jumpforjoy

When I saw Lady, all I could think was "Thank goodness TCD's barrel painter doesn't have to tackle that!" :rofl2:

:rofl2: !!!!! He wouldn't be finished until 2013 and poor Lady would be a giant blob of FW brown.

I LOVE DR. SEUSS!!!! AND LUCY!!! ;D

We've never been to Universal b/c it's nearly impossible for us to leave our magical place once we are there. However, any park that includes Dr. Seuss and Lucy deserve Kudos!

Love the updates Carol!

Great pictures. I did read all the HP books and have seen all the movies. Any of you who haven't read them do it. The first 3 aer especially good and you have to read the rest just because you get so invested in the outcome.

I just wish they would come out in eformat!!!!! I mostly read on planes, and I read on my phone, which I carry anyway, so don't want to have to keep up with a book!

Well, I feel like I was there so I'll save my money and spend it at WDW instead. :))

The frogs are pretty cute though!

The food from Emeril's looks yummy...BAM! Couldn't resist!

I agree, that's a bad show, couldn't they have done the kiosk after hours? I guess we're spoiled by the Magic.

It was all BAM!! delicious!!

I Love Lucy! Ok that was lame but I really do!! Thanks for the update, Carol!

I Love Lucy myself!!!

I have been to US a couple of times and I did enjoy it because I like movie stuff.

I love Lucy too!! Trevor is from Jamestown NY originally (as was Lucy) and they have a nice museum dedicated to her there.

I also love the Simpsons and am a little jealous that Homer is holding your hand......DOH! :rofl2:

You are a woman on the go...good job, it will keep you young.

Great report!

NOBODY rocks trip reports like the fiends. :jumpforjoy

I hope it keeps me young!!! Thanks for readin!!!

I love the pics from Universal! It's a nice place to visit occassionally!

Yes it is nice to visit occasionally, BUT until they let me buy multi-day nonexpiring tickets again, don't see it

:rofl2: !!!!! He wouldn't be finished until 2013 and poor Lady would be a giant blob of FW brown.

I LOVE DR. SEUSS!!!! AND LUCY!!! ;D

We've never been to Universal b/c it's nearly impossible for us to leave our magical place once we are there. However, any park that includes Dr. Seuss and Lucy deserve Kudos!

Love the updates Carol!

I like the Dr. Seuss section myself!!! I know what ya mean about leaving Disney, that's why I only went over there every couple of years!!

Thanks for reading and commenting everybody!!! Can't wait to get back to the FORT to have another trip report!!!