Carol is POPin around the "World" at RADP XVI!! - December 1 - 7, 2011

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love the pictures, Carol!! Thanks for taking us with you. :)

Mini Golf! :jumpforjoy I hope you remembered to "swing those hips and suck in that gut" :rofl2:

Come on, that is way too easy. It has to be the part where they feature Ricky Bobby! Oh, sorry, I forgot that they don't have any movies from this century. So, I will change my guess. It's got to be t

When we last left off we were heading out to the International Gateway for the big Meet and Greet!! Here are a few candid shots of everyone chattin it up and having a great time meeting new folks, seeing old friends again!!

100_4770.jpg

100_4771.jpg

100_4772.jpg

100_4773.jpg

100_4774.jpg

100_4775.jpg

100_4776.jpg

100_4777.jpg

100_4778.jpg

100_4779.jpg

Some poinsettias in the area

100_4780.jpg

More candid shots

100_4781.jpg

100_4783.jpg

100_4784.jpg

100_4785.jpg

And last but not least, the Group Shot

RADP-XVI.jpg

It's always nice to see old friends! Of course, they don't look like they're having as much fun as we did at our Fiend GG!

No offense to this group of friends, but I don't think any group has as much fun as the fiends! :jumpforjoy

It's always nice to see old friends! Of course, they don't look like they're having as much fun as we did at our Fiend GG!

That's true!! This is actually my least favorite gathering. Just standing around and talking after you've said hello and hugged the folks you haven't seen in awhile just kindof gets old. You need food, drink(s), to keep the activity lively!! I much prefer the smaller meets, the attraction meets, and the bar meets!! We used to have a BLAST at the Adventurer's Club every night.

Are you calling Carol old?

Sometimes I feel old when I realize I can't party like I used to!!!

Of course not! She is a spring chicken with old friends!

Thanks Rita!!!!

No offense to this group of friends, but I don't think any group has as much fun as the fiends! :jumpforjoy

Truer words were never spoken!!

To continue on... After the group picture, we headed back into World Showcase. Buff and I had lunch reservations at Biergarten, and "Mr. Burnt Cow" (David) had lunch reservations at Tepan Edo.

So some pics as we stroll towards are respective destinations.

This, while not a good pic is the Tree at the American Pavilion. They used to put this HUGE tree up over the fountain in front of the American Adventure, but now it is a smaller tree off to the side.

100_4786.jpg

See, no tree over the fountain

100_4787.jpg

Christmas Poinsettias and greenery

100_4788.jpg

The Italy pavilion

100_4789.jpg

100_4790.jpg

Looking over at Spaceship Earth

100_4791.jpg

The courtyard at the German Pavilion while waiting on lunch

100_4792.jpg

100_4793.jpg

100_4794.jpg

100_4795.jpg

100_4796.jpg

100_4797.jpg

100_4798.jpg

100_4799.jpg

100_4800.jpg

100_4801.jpg

This is a view of inside the Biergarten Restaurant.

It is a Bavarian Oktoberfest in the evening

100_4802.jpg

The stage

100_4803.jpg

More inside the restaurant

100_4804.jpg

100_4805.jpg

The entertainment

100_4806.jpg

I apologize, cause I am the worlds worst when it comes to remembering Pood Forn. But let's just say we got our money's worth on this German food!!!

Coming Next some UK comedy!!

You highlighted an important thing to do at Disney in your pictures...LOOK UP! There are some gorgeous decorations on those upper levels!

It's funny you should mention that. I WAS gonna comment that the reason I was lookin "up" was because we found a comfy sittin spot to wait on our lunch reservation!! So these were shots taken while sittin resting my feet!! So yeah, I was just naturally lookin UP

It's funny you should mention that. I WAS gonna comment that the reason I was lookin "up" was because we found a comfy sittin spot to wait on our lunch reservation!! So these were shots taken while sittin resting my feet!! So yeah, I was just naturally lookin UP

the occasional foot rest at WDW is wonderful

One more quick update.

After a filling lunch at Biergarten, it was time for some comedy!! Where better place than the UK!! Now some background. LOTS of the former Adventurers Club members are now in comedy spots around the "World" and since lots of the RADP members are Adventurers Club groupies, we try and watch as many of these fine members in whatever roles they are currently playing and support them in whatever way we can!!

First off, Father Christmas in UK!! (Yes, a former Adventurer!!)

100_4807.jpg

Next the UK World Showcase Players

The two men are former Adventurer's and the lady is formerly from Comedy Warehouse

100_4808.jpg

100_4809.jpg

100_4810.jpg

100_4811.jpg

100_4812.jpg

100_4812.jpg

100_4814.jpg

100_4815.jpg

Then it was time for the British Revolution. Personally, I like the British Invasion better, but they'll do.

100_4816.jpg

100_4819.jpg

100_4820.jpg

Coming Next, Norway Palooza!!!

Great update, Carol. I really need to get back to the parks and see some of the street performers, it looks like a lot of fun. :)

I love just spending time at the parks watching the street performers!! It's a great way to get the fun of the parks without the lines, and other crap to deal with attractions.

Imagine that, from the Adventurer's Club to Father Christmas. Seems like a big leap!

I'm convinced the AC performers were the best of the best, because every single one of them have gone on to other roles and do a WONDERFUL job.

Now on to Norway Palooza!!

Now from the pictures I took, this may look pretty boring, but it was a LOT of fun!!

We started off by going into the Stave church and doing silly poses with the artifact in there. Unfortunately, none of my pictures turned out very well.

100_4822.jpg

Then we boarded our boat through the Fjords and past the trolls on the Norway ride. We had an entire boat to ourselves, so the side jokes and funny comments had us all in stitches!!

100_4823.jpg

100_4824.jpg

100_4825.jpg

Wandering through the Norway store is always fun!!

100_4830.jpg

100_4831.jpg

Then we all invaded the Bakery and got yummy treats and some beverages and chatted away till Illuminations.

Some good friends dancing during the "We Go On" segment of Illuminations

100_4832.jpg

100_4833.jpg

Nothing says Peace On Earth better than massive amounts of explosives!! (Click on the picture, should be a video)

th_100_4834.jpg

We chatted a bit more, then we all made our respective ways out of the park.

The Epcot Tree

100_4835.jpg

Love the fountain!!

100_4836.jpg

Thus ends another action packed day of RADP XVI!!

Sunday, December 4th, 2011

So here's the schedule for the day!!

Bakery Breakfast

9:00am @ Magic Kingdom

Meet in the seating area across from Plaza Restaurant

Hosts: Charlotte, Tracy, Jan

Meet in the seating area across from Plaza Restaurant It's time to rise and shine, and fuel up with a pastry from the Main street Bakery. You'll need the energy for a day packed with all kinds of RADP fun! Feel free to grab your breakfast then meet all your RADP pals in the seating area directly in front of the Plaza restaurant for a few minutes of mingle time before we head off to the Splash and Big Thunder Mountain meet

Mountains Meet

10:30am @ Magic Kingdom

Grab a fast pass for BTMRR and meet near fast pass machines

Hosted by: Jan, Charlotte and Tracy

For the 15th year in a row, we're taking a leisurely log ride to the Laughin' Place aboard Splash Mountain, and a twisty train ride on the wildest ride in the wilderness, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! When you arrive, make sure to grab a Fastpass for Big Thunder before heading off to meet the rest of the group near the Splash Mountain entrance. This is traditionally a very popular meet, so don't be late, or Brer Fox might throw you into the briar patch!

Haunted Mansion Roulette

12:00pm @ Magic Kingdom

Meet outside Columbia Harbor House

Hosted by: Catherine

Ready for a friendly wager? Then join RADP for our first ever Haunted Mansion Roulette meet! At 12:00 noon, we will be assembling outside the Columbia Harbor House. Then everyone will get to place their bets on what show scene the meet host will be stuck in when Haunted Mansion stops during our ride. Then we'll ride, and if the ride stops or even if it doesn't, you could be the winner of a prize! It will be just like Las Vegas, only completely different! (And not involving real money!)

Pirates of the Caribbean Meet

2:30pm @ Magic Kingdom

Location: Meet outside the entrance of Pirates of the Caribbean

Hosted by: Tracy and Don

Ahoy mateys! It's time for a cruise through the Caribbean, pirate style! Get ready to dodge cannonballs, traverse water falls and encounter and entire host of scurvy pirates, featuring none other than Jack Sparrow himself! Then after our cruise we'll head to the nearby Aloha Isle for a cool Dole Whip and some time to relax before our Enchanted Tiki Room meet!

Tiki Room Meet

4:00pm @ Magic Kingdom

Meet near the entrance

Host: Shawna

The birds sing words and the RADPers croon at the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki room meet! For years we've enjoyed the "Under New Management" version of the Tiki Room, and now it's time to welcome back the original! At 4:00pm, we'll meet at the entrance of the newly refurbished Enchanted Tiki Room for some soothing sounds of the South Pacific, featuring our delightfully nostalgic feathered friends.

Farewell to Snow White's Scary Adventure

5:00pm @ Magic Kingdom

Meet near the entrance

Host: Kevin

As we all prepare for the arrival of the new Fantasyland expansion, we're pausing to say goodbye to one of the Magic Kingdom's original attractions. At 5:00pm, we will all gather for a final farewell ride on the classic dark ride Snow White's Scary Adventures.

Polynesian Beach for movie, EWP and Holiday Wishes

6:30pm @ Polynesian Resort Beach <-- Note Time Change

Meet at Captain Cook's

Hosted by: Sean and Pam

We're in Florida, so we're spending a little time relaxing on the beach at the beautiful Polynesian resort. At 6:30pm, we'll gather at Captain Cook's, then head outside for a big screen movie, followed by the Electric Water Pageant and a showing of Holiday Wishes.

If you want to skip the movie, the Electric Water Pageant is at 9 PM and Holiday Wishes is at 9:30 PM.

"Yummy treat" at the Norway bakery??? That's it? I know you said you didn't have any pictures, but at least tell me what kind of yummy treat you ate. I'm all about the yummies.

Oh, I had my usual, a Rice Cream and a Hot Chocolate!! I remember seeing school bread, the cream filled cone, and lots of other good stuff consumed!!

OK, my morning started with my usual stroll through the resort toward the bus stop. This time I strolled along the lake.

100_4837.jpg

100_4838.jpg

100_4839.jpg

100_4840.jpg

100_4841.jpg

100_4842.jpg

100_4843.jpg

100_4844.jpg

100_4845.jpg

100_4846.jpg

100_4847.jpg

100_4848.jpg

100_4849.jpg

100_4850.jpg

100_4851.jpg

100_4852.jpg

100_4853.jpg

100_4854.jpg

100_4855.jpg

100_4856.jpg

100_4857.jpg

100_4858.jpg

100_4859.jpg

100_4860.jpg

100_4861.jpg

100_4862.jpg

100_4863.jpg

100_4864.jpg

100_4865.jpg

As you can see POP is filled with bright colors and lots of Pop Culture nostalgia. As a bonus, a few Art of Animation construction photos.

Coming next arriving at Magic Kingdom, and see what happens when you DON'T follow the schedule!!