Carol is POPin around the "World" at RADP XVI!! - December 1 - 7, 2011

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love the pictures, Carol!! Thanks for taking us with you. :)

Mini Golf! :jumpforjoy I hope you remembered to "swing those hips and suck in that gut" :rofl2:

Come on, that is way too easy. It has to be the part where they feature Ricky Bobby! Oh, sorry, I forgot that they don't have any movies from this century. So, I will change my guess. It's got to be t

Yes, of course I enjoyed your taste of the fort, even if I was there a day later!

I agree 100% about Dave's castle display! I also took a couple of pictures, but pictures just don't do it justice.

Stop #6 of 6? :banghead: I tend to get impatient when that happens. Trevor says that I am the female version of Donnie.

(with a smaller ass) :rofl2:

WOW! I wish we could make a quick ride down to see the Fort decorations! Thanks!

Couldn't ya'll make a day trip of it??

Yes, of course I enjoyed your taste of the fort, even if I was there a day later!

I agree 100% about Dave's castle display! I also took a couple of pictures, but pictures just don't do it justice.

Stop #6 of 6? :banghead: I tend to get impatient when that happens. Trevor says that I am the female version of Donnie.

(with a smaller ass) :rofl2:

Thanks!!! I thought ya'll arrived on the 7th? This was on the 2nd. Yeah, it was a long bus ride, but I got a nap!!!

Love the pictures, Carol!! Thanks for taking us with you. :)

I don't "walk" around the Fort very often, so this was a new experience!! (Of course, I find out from Lorna the next morning that she has a golf cart sitting at Judy's site)

Nothing official yet, but I can't imagine they would share. As it is, Pop is a challenge at opening and closing time.

That's good news!! Cause I would like to try the standard rooms at Art of Animation. With the decreased capacity of the suites versus all standard rooms, it should be a nice value resort.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Another new day in the "World" begins, so let's see what the schedule for today is, shall we??

Soarin' Meet

9:15am @ Epcot

Hosted by: Laurie

Rise and shine! We're going on an unforgettable journey high above the Golden State, so don't be late for this very important date! At 9:15am, we will assemble our flight crew just outside the entrance of the pavilion, then take off on our amazing trip above the clouds on Soarin'!

Living With The Land Meet

10:30am @ Epcot

Meet just outside the queue

Host: Carol

After an early morning of "Soarin'" above the clouds, we're slowing down for a leisurely, educational boat ride through the innovative Epcot greenhouses aboard Living with the Land. We'll see the great plains and the rainforest, followed by numerous greenhouses, aquaculture ponds and hydroponic gardens. We're sure that everyone will find this ride to be relaxing, educational and fun, especially when you're with RADP!

The "It's 5:00 Somewhere!" Tequila Meet

12:00pm @ Epcot

Meet outside La Cava del Tequila inside Mexico

Hosted by: Catherine

Like Jimmy Buffet says, it's 5:00 somewhere! So at 12:00 noon, we'll stumble to the Mexico pavilion where we can enjoy some delicious spirits and spirited conversation in the Cava del Tequila. With more than 70 different types of tequila for you to enjoy, you'll feel like you're wasting away in Margaritaville in no time! And for those of you with a less spirited palate, the Cava del Tequila also offers a variety of non-alcoholic beverages and appetizers.

The 15th Annual RADP Big Meet and Greet

1:30pm @ Epcot

Hosted by: RADP

Come one, come all! It's time for the main event! At 1:30pm, RADPers from far and wide will all come together outside the turnstiles of the International Gateway for the 16th annual RADP Big Meet and Greet! This meet is open to everyone who has ever been or will ever be in the RADP family, and is a great chance for newcomers to meet everyone! Park admission is NOT required for this meet.

World Showcase Players/British Revolution

5:00pm @ Epcot - Time Change!

Meet in the alley at United Kingdom

Host: Amy

Cheerio, chaps! The UK Pavilion is a bit of alright in RADP's eyes. At 5:00pm, we'll be taking a moment to watch those cheeky chaps, the World Showcase Players, then we'll take in the 5:30pm performance from World Showcase's newest addition, British Revolution. You'll be positively gobsmacked at their talent! It'll be the bees knees! Cheers mate!

Norwaypalooza: Bakery, Maelstrom, & IllumiNations

7:30pm @ Epcot

Host: Kevin

Norway's spirit has always been, and will always be, adventure! So we're celebrating the land of Vikings with our Norwaypalooza meet! We'll plunder the great fjords and have a snack at the Kringla Bakeri. We are not the first to pass this way, and nor shall we be the last when we board the pavilion's thrilling Maelstrom boat ride. And to end the evening, RADPers will prowl the water's edge to watch IllumiNations at 9:30.

Next update coming soon!!

Afternoon Fiends,

Well, I guess everybody is takin a nap or eating lunch, cause I'm getting "no new content", so I guess I can solve that by writing something!!

I started this morning with breakfast at the Food Court and snapped a few pictures around the resort.

100_4727.jpg

100_4728.jpg

100_4729.jpg

100_4730.jpg

I thought this was crazy.

These are ALL rental ECVs either being picked up or dropped off for guests.

100_4731.jpg

Now, I know I'm one to talk as DH brings an ECV, but he DOES know how to drive it and park it.

Bus stops

100_4732.jpg

100_4733.jpg

100_4734.jpg

100_4735.jpg

Arrived at Epcot and the first thing is a group picture before boarding Soarin

100_4736.jpg

This is in line for Soarin, you know where those big screens are with games and paintings. Well Disney uses Windows XP!!!

100_4737.jpg

In line for Soarin

100_4738.jpg

100_4740.jpg

100_4743.jpg

Next was Living With the Land. Apparently, I didn't pull out the camera for that attraction.

Now, the next meet was the Tequila Meet in the Mexico Pavilion. I don't drink Tequila, and didn't really care for any of the appetizers on the menu, so decided to skip that meet.

So, David, Buff, and myself rode Spaceship Earth

It stopped a couple of times and managed to get a couple good shots inside

100_4744.jpg

100_4745.jpg

We then were ready for a nap, so rode Universe of Energy

100_4746.jpg

I was serious about that. I got on the end of an empty row, leaned up against the side door, and put my feet on the seat, and took me a gooood nap!!

Refreshed from our nap, we wandered through Future World on our way to the International Gateway for the Big Meet and Greet. This has been the one constant over the last 16 years. We find a meeting place and time with no attractions where everyone can just hang and chat with each other. We have also made it a place where park tickets are not required.

Before that though, my picture snappings as we strolled along

100_4747.jpg

100_4748.jpg

100_4749.jpg

100_4750.jpg

100_4751.jpg

100_4752.jpg

100_4753.jpg

100_4754.jpg

100_4755.jpg

Ooops, photo limit

After leaving 1600 Loop, I headed back to Settlement and caught the late Hoop De Doo buses that take folks back to the resorts. However, I was stop #6 of 6. We went to the Poly, the Grand, Beach Club, Dolphin, and Carribbean Beach then to POP. It had gotten chilly again though, so wasn't feelin a boat ride at the moment.

Carol-

I enjoyed the taste of the Fort, too.

And, you did something that I have always wanted to do- hop one of the Hoop Dee Doo buses for a trip out of the Fort. I never have done that, and I wondered how they handled getting folks to each resort. Now I know that some of the buses make 6 stops. Wow, that's quite a tour you went on! That must have taken a while. Anyway, one of these days when the MK has a late EMH I'm going to do that- go visit some remote resort, and then bus it back to the MK and boat it back to the Fort. It sounds like a fun little adventure. This would be a great way to make a Dole Whip run to the Polynesian, for example.

TCD

And, you did something that I have always wanted to do- hop one of the Hoop Dee Doo buses for a trip out of the Fort. I never have done that, and I wondered how they handled getting folks to each resort. Now I know that some of the buses make 6 stops.

Six stops, that's a lot.

I've never done the HDDR buses, but I have done the Rain Forest Cafe when it closes after AK is clear of guests and the Luau. It works pretty much the same way. But I only had to make three or so stops.

If you're going to hop on for the ride Andrew, no need to get off and bus it back to MK. Those buses are based out of the MK hub and unless the driver is done for the night or going on break after they are done, they will return to MK and get back into the bus rotation. Just ask the driver where he's going after he makes the rounds. They may even be returning to the Fort for another run.

Carol-

I enjoyed the taste of the Fort, too.

And, you did something that I have always wanted to do- hop one of the Hoop Dee Doo buses for a trip out of the Fort. I never have done that, and I wondered how they handled getting folks to each resort. Now I know that some of the buses make 6 stops. Wow, that's quite a tour you went on! That must have taken a while. Anyway, one of these days when the MK has a late EMH I'm going to do that- go visit some remote resort, and then bus it back to the MK and boat it back to the Fort. It sounds like a fun little adventure. This would be a great way to make a Dole Whip run to the Polynesian, for example.

TCD

We've done it quite often, as it seems there are more times than not that pulling the camper and staying at the Fort, just doesn't work out. We usually find ourselves at the Fort in the evening though!! So that's a great way to get back to your resort!!

Six stops, that's a lot.

I've never done the HDDR buses, but I have done the Rain Forest Cafe when it closes after AK is clear of guests and the Luau. It works pretty much the same way. But I only had to make three or so stops.

If you're going to hop on for the ride Andrew, no need to get off and bus it back to MK. Those buses are based out of the MK hub and unless the driver is done for the night or going on break after they are done, they will return to MK and get back into the bus rotation. Just ask the driver where he's going after he makes the rounds. They may even be returning to the Fort for another run.

Yeah, six stops is a lot. There were three buses. Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 3. We were Zone 2

I think what Andrew is saying is he wants to take the HDD bus to some resort, stop off for desert or a snack, then make his way to MK and back to the Fort. Good idea!!

1. I will have to remember that nap idea.

2. I don't remember anything about when I rode spaceship earth

3. I am loving your meet up itineraries

4. thanks for adding some content... how else can I justify not doing something useful

1. Yeah we have a few nap favorites, Ellen, American Adventure (although I LOVE that attraction, it's just nap enducing, Hall of Presidents, Sounds Dangerous)

2. I'm guessing you took a nap?

3. Thanks!!

4. Glad to be of service!!!

We've done it quite often, as it seems there are more times than not that pulling the camper and staying at the Fort, just doesn't work out. We usually find ourselves at the Fort in the evening though!! So that's a great way to get back to your resort!!

Yeah, six stops is a lot. There were three buses. Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 3. We were Zone 2

I think what Andrew is saying is he wants to take the HDD bus to some resort, stop off for desert or a snack, then make his way to MK and back to the Fort. Good idea!!

1. Yeah we have a few nap favorites, Ellen, American Adventure (although I LOVE that attraction, it's just nap enducing, Hall of Presidents, Sounds Dangerous)

2. I'm guessing you took a nap?

3. Thanks!!

4. Glad to be of service!!!

1. all good candidates

2. possibly/probably

3. I may be borrowing the idea next year.

4. Still not doing anything useful... although I did have to take the dogs for a walk so I messed up the perfect record.

As much as I like COP, it is a very good place to nap! Splash Mtn...not so good.

Carousel of Progress is my #1 all-time favorite attraction at WDW. However, I am ashamed to admit, I find myself nodding off in there sometimes. Something about WDW, a comfy chair, the dark.......zzzzzzzzzz

Thanks for the update Carol. It has been pretty quiet around here today. People act like the holidays are approaching and have things to do!

Looking forward to Norway bakery.drool.gif

I've still got lots to do Christmas wise, but from 8-5 Mon - Fri, kind of captive stuck in front of a computer...... I have two computer screens, so I MULTITASK!!!!

I just took a peek at the upcoming pictures. I'll be able to describe Norway bakery, but I didn't get any PICS :banghead:

you mean you finished your Christmas decorating, gift wrapping, cooking already?

No, see above!!

Yes, no and no! I'm too busy on fort fiends for all that nonsense! :))

See, Stef and I have our priorities straight!

the beauty of living on the road. we hang the mickey ear lights INSIDE the trailer and decorate the windows with those clingy things...and I'm done. Hiding the gifts in the 28ft Travel Trailer.... problematic.

Sometimes I wish my holiday decorating was that simple, but I start and can't stop!!

I have dozed in the Hall of Presidents, it was so nice and cool and dark! At the pace you were going, I'm sure you needed a nap!

Me too, but I'm currently boycotting that particular attraction.

You named three of my favorite napping places, Carol. I think they built those attractions for that reason. :rofl2:

YEA!!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!

We need a new thread - Napping around the World

Good idea!!!