• 1 year later...

The West Rim is the nicer side. I was with a large group for this trip. Sites are first come first serve. What they allowed our group to do, was those that arrived on Wed or Thur were allowed to "check-in" and claim sites for those paid in full early each morning of their arrival day. So when I got there Friday afternoon, I already had my site. Wish I could be more helpful!!

The Mouseketab rides again.

Look at the original date Lou..... I posted this shortly after FF started. This trip was actually July 2010. I remember it well, cause when I returned my very first ecig kit had arrived in the mail. After that day, the very next morning I started ecigs and haven't had a regular cigarette since.

The West Rim is the nicer side. I was with a large group for this trip. Sites are first come first serve. What they allowed our group to do, was those that arrived on Wed or Thur were allowed to "check-in" and claim sites for those paid in full early each morning of their arrival day. So when I got there Friday afternoon, I already had my site. Wish I could be more helpful!!

Agreed, west rim is much nicer. When we lived in Atlanta this was one of our favorite spots. IIRC you book a "type" of site and then its first come, first served for the "type" you booked, something like any red site,or any blue site. A call to the rangers might help in making sure you reserve the correct type, then hope for a good one.

Thanks Tim weren't you in Murfreesboro at one time? (Just living up to my tag)

We have a non sewer site, nothing else was available, do you know if they have those on the West rim? I have tried to call them several times and was unable to reach anyone. I plan on trying again on Monday.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

If I remember correctly, Cloudland does have some fully accessible sites (all concrete) right next to the bath houses. Not sure on the size. Also, if I'm remembering the correct camping trip, I saw a large Super C back into one of them quite easily.

• 2 weeks later...

No sites are full hook up!  We LOVE this place but on our last trip - which was our fist with the 5'er had great difficulty getting into any spot!  Roads narrow, pull troughs taken by tent campers! Ended up on the East rim first site on the entrance!  Wasn't bad site but we may not hurry back due to the backing difficulties.  Also - this trip we had TONS onf tent campers and they had anywhere from 2 - FIVE tents on a site and nothing was done.  The five tent site was right next door to us and they were LOUD and they had at least 6 cars- some of which were parked on our site!