What A Nightmare Tomorrow Is Going To Be.

I'm not sure what to expect tomorrow. I've been through marathons, triathlons, bike races, special events at the parks, severe weather, park closings, etc, but never a presidential visit. If I were a guest, I'd be fuming.

I think it is, but it's not clear to me because CM advisories were issued like crazy today, is whether or not the "Rock the Night Spectacular" at HS is related to the visit or is it being done to put a finale on the day.

They have had similar events in the past so I know what to expect, kinda.

Wish me and WDW guests luck.

Lou, you're in for a real treat. Back when I had a "real job" I worked a the IL Air Guard base in Springfield. Every time a President flew in it was a total goat rope. Like them or not they are the Leader of the Free World and there are a lot of whack jobs out there. Advice; keep the Snarky in check til he leaves. The guys in suits w/ hearing aids have ZERO sense of humor. Good Luck.

11:15 motorcycle police get in to position along Epcot Center Dr. and World Dr.

11:20 bus transportation announces that the automated bus dispatch system is being shut done and that they are going manual.

11:30 get caught behind 7 super stretch Hummer limos. Must be for BO's invited guests.

11:30/1:10 not much happening. Things seem normal.

1:15 leave Epcot for Pop Century, but get stuck on the on ramp to Epcot Center Drive. It becomes a parking lot very quickly. Twenty or so buses, some with people, I only had four. Turn on the flashers, get up, and mingle with the guests. I sensed that they actually enjoyed our 1/2 hour together by the comments they made as they got off the bus at Pop.

1:45 BO's convoy finally passes by.

1:46 off to PCR.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was over in about 2-1/2 hours.

The adult guests on my bus were not BO supporters and were upset with him for inconveniencing so many people.

Why WDW and why didn't he use a helicopter?

The White House never consulted me.

He did it the way he did to get the most media exposure.

He couldn't care less about you or me.

Right on target there Lou! Glad your day wasn't too bad.

I've run into that shutdown & wait a couple times when BO or Moochele were in Baltimore and another time in Annapolis. Those black hummers and other assorted SUVs have come to be recognized as vehicles of power in this part of the country b/c they stop traffic wherever they go - or whiz past unimpeded in an empty fast lane while we crawl behind them.

Makes it especially challenging to like politicians when you're caught behind the rolling roadblock and finally make it up to front only to see the thing that has traffic snarled isn't an accident or construction but a couple of black SUVs with police trailing slowly ahead/behind so us normal people can't drive on the roads too. :th_2mo5pow: