Dh has said he is OK with me taking the kids to the Fort in August but I need to come up with some money. I am not eating out anymore and am putting that money aside but it will not be enough. What are some good things to sell on Ebay? Any other ideas to come up with some money??

Almost anything will sell on ebay. Look around and first see what you have laying around collecting dust. That's how I started 13 years ago....lol. Now we buy stuff at resale shops, stores and of course garage sales in season. You can do pretty well. BEWARE! It can be addictive!

We do heavy on Craft books and other books. Right now we have a lot of Clothing on too. We like toys too, especially little known ones. We sell just about anything though. You never know what's going to sell. To see our stuff just look up the name jodthetoad. Hope that helps.

We do heavy on Craft books and other books. Right now we have a lot of Clothing on too. We like toys too, especially little known ones. We sell just about anything though. You never know what's going to sell. To see our stuff just look up the name jodthetoad. Hope that helps.

I have tons of old counted cross stitch books with patterns, do you think they would sell ok, and how much do u think I would get for them?

Steph, do you coupon? Have you ever heard of "couponing to Disney" google it and check out the website, the lady makes sense and all her "savings" goes into your annual disney trip fund..

I am going to look it up! I did couponing a couple of years ago and my biggest savings was toiletries (toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, mouthwash, soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc...) that lasted us over a year and it was all free. With 7 people, that was a ton!! I'm just concerned about the time it will take with working full time and now going back to school. I just want a money tree!!

My suggestion is to find something you know and sell that on ebay. A good friend is a gymboree addict and sells used gymbo clothes. Her auctions don't end for big bucks but I'm always amazed at how much she ends up with at the end of a good listing night. I sell Amer Girl. I should be doing it right now but I'm here stalling as usual.

I used to pick up things here and there to list figuring I could turn a profit if I just got it cheap enough. That works for a lot of people but, after I took a bath on a huge amount of NIB star wars stuff b/c the market was flooded at that time, I learned to limit myself to what I know now. Keep an eye on completed auction prices each day for what you're listing and you'll get a real feel for what those items should sell for. In many categories ebay is more volatile than the stock market.

After a short while you'll also get a following if you stick to a few categories of items. Power seller and top rated really aren't that hard to achieve if you can discipline yourself to list 10 items a week. Lego, thomas trains, books, kids clothes, dolls (NOT porcelain), disney pins, trading cards, are just some of the things I've seen do well recently. Collectibles like Precious moments and dept 56 are only bringing pennies on the dollar these days. Stay away from those - they'll eat you up in fees and packaging costs to ship too.

If you're doing yard sales or thrift stores it helps to double-check completed auctions for items over $5 on a smartphone before buying just to be sure there's enough profit there for you. HTH

I have tons of old counted cross stitch books with patterns, do you think they would sell ok, and how much do u think I would get for them?

I always search completed auctions and sort from highest to lowest before listing anything. Here's what I got searching cross stitch books..

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_nkw=+counted+cross+stitch+book&_sacat=0&_sop=3&LH_Complete=1&_odkw=vintage+counted+cross+stitch+book&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

• 1 month later...

Policies have been getting more & more anti-seller every year. I can't imagine any other business that would still be in business if they treated their customers the way ebay does. And make no mistake - ebay's customers aren't buyers, it's the sellers who pay ever increasing fees to provide the items that generate the bids to keep ebay running.

I looked at etsy years ago but, since I don't sell anything handmade, this craft-impaired seller is stuck with ebay for now...

Everything ebay has been doing has been anti-seller. I am looking at getting rid of my store and limiting what types of things I sell because stores are really getting the shaft. We have been playijng with a local facebook selling page and it has been doing very well. Sold fast and NO FEES! We are using Craigs list on some stuff too. We have been selling about 150 items per month on ebay, listing more than that to get those sales though. Try to list items that would sell for more than $10 each to make it worthwhile. Make bigger lots on some things for ease of shipping and larger dollars.

I am looking into Etsy. I would pm Lornaduck and ask her. She doesn't sell on there, but does a lot of business there. I have quite ebay for the last time. I was with them from the very beginning and I have gotten more of the shaft every year. So, off I go to greener pastures.