Has anyone done these with their kids? I think they look great and am looking into signing up for one in August. I like that there is one that all 4 of my younger kids could do together at AK and I could wander the park by myself for 3 hours!! Are there any restrictions? How soon after registration opens do I have to sign up? Can I get tix a few days before the program? Looking at arriving the 24th or 25 and the program isn't until the 27th or 28th. Can these tix be upgraded?

I know, lots of questions. Anyone have any answers?

You do need to have an adult chaperon with the children. They cannot be left on their own.

Tickets cannot be upgraded. They are good for 7 days before the date you say are arriving and then 7 days after the day you are leaving. So if you arrive on the 24th and stay until the 31st the tickets are good from the 17th to the 7th of the next month. These cannot be saved and used at a later date. Whatever is left unused is gone.

The longest they have are 8 day passes. You can have 8 day plain, 8 day hopper and 8 day hopper and more. We plan on the 8 day hopper and more. This gives us 8 park days and 5 visits to the water parks or Quest for $220+ each person. Includes one class.

Thanks for the info. I thought you "could" have an adult stay but didn't have too. Thats fine though, I would happily do the program with them. I'm looking at 7 day ph tix as I will be the only adult and am not quite comfortable enough taking all 4 kids to the wp on my own. Annie, how old was your child/children and what did you think of the program?

We haven't done it yet, but I've been researching it for a year now.

Kids 13 and older have the option of being alone, but all kids under need an adult.

I've read the reviews of many of the programs. They all sound like a lot of fun. They incorporate the rides in many of the programs.

The one I am most interested in the only one I don't have a lot of information on. There is a program that uses digital photography as the main learning experience. Both my eldest son, 13, and husband are really into photography. They would be going to the class together. I would be taking my younger one, 10, to a different program on the same day.

With Test Track being down during the time frame we are there, I am unclear how they will modify the classes at Epcot. 2 of them use Test Track as one of the rides to showcase a segment of learning.

One thing to plan for is that you have to pick up the tickets on location. All the parks and DownTown have a spot you can go to get them. Bring your confirmation with you to pick up the tickets. They used to mail them to you, but that changed last year.

One thing to plan for is that you have to pick up the tickets on location. All the parks and DownTown have a spot you can go to get them. Bring your confirmation with you to pick up the tickets. They used to mail them to you, but that changed last year.

The program confirmation helps but what you really need is the ticket order email - especially if you have changed dates/classes/anything since originally ordering. If you haven't changed anything and need to pick up passes at the last minute before a morning class, you shouldn't have any problem with them finding you in the computer system and printing at GS as long as you remember exactly how your name was on the order.

I'm an awful procrastinator and didn't re-read the confirmation for details until almost 11pm the night before her 8am class... ruh-oh... It said we couldn't pick them up in the morning b/c nothing would be open. Had to have them in advance.

In a panic, I checked to see where I could get to before it was too late. Ended up grabbing the bus to WL, then MK bus to pick up our tickets alone in that last half-hour before midnight. Sure enough, I'd forgotten my papers in the rush to get there. GS windows were closed. Had to get someone to walk me in to Town Hall. Discovered that my name is in the wdw system under both Pam and Pamela. They found the tickets but it said they'd already expired. I had the program confirmation but the tickets weren't tied to that so I had to go into the back room and search thru my messages online to come up with the revised ticket email which I believe even had a barcode for the tickets. Whew... crisis averted. I was one of the last people out of MK that night and ended up with a ride in the multi-resort van back to the fort.

Closer to Cincinnati than any other place. You will be quite a few hours north of me. Do you mean next weekend as in February? This weekend is not looking so great for traveling.

They do fill up fast. The ones closest to holidays of course fill up quicker. The more children you have wanting to take the same class, the sooner I would sign up when you see it open up.

I'm lucky that my children like to learn. This is not something I have to cajole them to do. My eldest is already trying to decide if wants to take the point'n'click type or the ones that change out the lenses. I think the first one would be easier, but they don't do easy.

My bad, I thought for sure the ticket information would be on the confirmation, unless you made changes to the tickets.

I know the DTD window is open late. That seems to be where many go who arrive later in the day. Lucky for us, the class will be near the end of our trip, so rushing to get the tickets isn't as important for us. If I miss one rope drop, it won't scar me. LOL I say that now, but wait until I'm shaking with the jitters because I'm not at rope drop.

LOL I hear you about rope drop. I wasn't worried either. That was the problem. I counted on just being able to pick them up that morning. Never even considered we'd need them in hand and wouldn't be able to get them from GS at AK before entering the park for the class. They meet outside the gate and enter as a group. A lot of the programs start earlier than park opening and GS windows aren't open yet.

By the time I re-read the email instructions every GS window except MK was closed or would be within a few minutes. I'd like to say "lesson learned" but procrastination is one of the things I excell at... :blush:

We were going shopping at IKEA the other day and I made everyone get up as early as they do for school. DH wants to know why. And I tell him they start serving breakfast a half hour before they open and I want to get there at rope drop. LOL I live by rope drop. The sooner you get someplace, the less crowded it will be. I'll wait until the next day if I can't make opening that day.

Yes, there actually is a rope strung across the walkway at various points in the park that gets pulled out of the way when the guests are allowed to proceed.

It used to be a mad free for all with the CMs scrambling to get out of the way, but now the rope is removed a minute early and a wall of CMs are in front of the guests and they "quickly" march everyone back to the various popular attractions.

We did rope drop with friends in DHS once years ago when Starla was in elementary school. Probably could have won American's funniest home videos with that mad run back to be the first people on TOT. Don't think I ever laughed so hard in my life. A mad stampede of tourists, it was, but we beat 'em there. :jumpforjoy :hah: :rofl2:

Ok, I just spent 30 minutes on the Yes Website, thanks for that Lou, can I say OMG OMG OMG, I had no idea about this program, I had heard it mentioned but I thought it was for homeschoolers only. That is a significant discount, ecspecially for a large family like mine! I went through the steps and I would save almost $450 dollars over the cost of what I paid for tickets last year! That pays for my fort stay AND the kids get some learning.. lol I was feeling kinda guilty for pulling them out of school for Halloween week.. this might help me feel better about it.. :rofl2:

If I hadnt said it before, FORT FIENDS ROCK!!

Hey Judy... they each get a bandana or a tshirt or something to remember the trip by too and there're no fingers on the tix so you bypass all that who's got whose tickets b/c the fingers don't match hassle at the gates. :thumbsup2: Heck, I'd pay extra for that feature alone...

Hey Judy... they each get a bandana or a tshirt or something to remember the trip by too and there're no fingers on the tix so you bypass all that who's got whose tickets b/c the fingers don't match hassle at the gates. :thumbsup2: Heck, I'd pay extra for that feature alone...

Pam how long do the classes usually last? I read somewhere 3 hours but I didnt see that on the website. I'm still in shock at the savings on this program, what a great deal! Is there a way to get email notification when the programs become available? I read on the website that programs become available anywhere from 3 to 6 months prior, and it would appear that they fill up fast!

I got our tickets through the YES program for last week. It was great. My niece and Gracie did the Synergy in Science class at EPCOT. Alex enjoyed it, I am assuming Gracie did too. ;) Their class started at 8:45 and was over by 11:45. It saved us a bunch of cash when I got our tickets...I bought 7 5 day passes for less than $1600. Its definitely worth checking into it if your dates match up.

Ok, I just spent 30 minutes on the Yes Website, thanks for that Lou, can I say OMG OMG OMG, I had no idea about this program, I had heard it mentioned but I thought it was for homeschoolers only. That is a significant discount, ecspecially for a large family like mine! I went through the steps and I would save almost $450 dollars over the cost of what I paid for tickets last year! That pays for my fort stay AND the kids get some learning.. lol I was feeling kinda guilty for pulling them out of school for Halloween week.. this might help me feel better about it.. :rofl2:

If I hadnt said it before, FORT FIENDS ROCK!!

Judy, I was looking at getting a 7 day ph for the 4 kids and I. Total cost for tix would be $1000 vs $1623 through Undercover Tourist with the mousesavers discount!! That would pay for 9 nights at the Fort AND most of DD's birthday dinner at Chef Mickey!!

Judy - there's no email list or anything when dates open up. You can call & speak to then and perhaps get a better idea of when to start checking. While it's hard to get a human sometimes, once I did they were incredibly helpful, knowledgeable and very kind. Even followed up several times via email to our original conversation so perhaps it could be a possibility but, as far as I know, there isn't an automatic system for emailing when programs open. I'd check it once a week or so. If history repeats itself it shouldn't fill up in the first week... well, most of the courses didn't anyway.

Charity - so glad to hear they enjoyed the program. That was another on our list but it's always full when we're there. Gosh I'd have loved to have done the MK Kingdom Keepers author program this month but, darn it, the teachers think my child has to be in school sometimes too. :nyd:

FWIW - we bought five 5 day premimums and still had a good bit of value left at the end even with staying at the fort for 15 days. Since these aren't upgrade-able I'd buy the longer tix if you can afford it & reasonably expect to use them. For us though, especially since halloween was in there and we wanted the fort days instead of parks, 5 days worked wonderfully. If we don't do APs this summer, maybe we'll buy the longer passes for Oct hoping to drag that 30 day usage window into our Thanksgiving trip too...

This is such a great idea!!! I was checking out, since DD will be 5 and that makes her eligible for the MK one about motion - but the ticket packages all said for a minimum of 10 students. Am I looking in the wrong place?

This is such a great idea!!! I was checking out, since DD will be 5 and that makes her eligible for the MK one about motion - but the ticket packages all said for a minimum of 10 students. Am I looking in the wrong place?

You need to go here http://www.disneyyouth.com/individual-enrollment/