Cape May, NJ - Lews Cape May Ferry - Natural Bridge KOA??

Well, I just discovered and booked a T@B Rally in Cape May, NJ for late July. Looks like it's gonna be a grand time with my fellow T@B friends.

I've looked at the MapQuest route, and it's a doable two day drive.

I've also looked into the Lews - Cape May Ferry.

It doesn't look like I'll be able to use it on the way up, (they say cars, and cars with trailers really need reservations, and I have NO CLUE when I'd get there) but on the way home, I think it's doable. I'm pretty sure I could reserve the first ferry of the day and get there on time. It's pretty pricey (around $50) and an 85 minute ride. Is it worth it??

I took the Mobile Bay Ferry with my T@B and that was fun.

Whaddya think??

Also, I'm looking at Natural Bridge KOA as a stopping point. Any opinions??

Thanks!!!

I think with your rig you would not have a problem with a spot, it's a nice trip and does save you some driving. Where are you staying in Cape May, I know the area well we camp there often and mom has a seasonal site down there, let me know if you need any info.

Ferry is pricey, but it does save driving time, especially if you are staying in the Cape May area. What campground is the rally at? Cape May is a nice town, and you'll also be near Wildwood and other southern shore towns.

Best Regards,

Norm

We are staying at Lake Laurie RV Resort

Run by morganrvresorts

http://www.morganrvresorts.com/omkara/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=48&Itemid=195

Lake Laurie is a large campground, hope you have sites in the woods as they have a lot of sites out front with no shade. If you go the beach in Cape May you will need beach tags, Cape May is a nice town with a lot of beautiful homes.

Lake Laurie is a large campground, hope you have sites in the woods as they have a lot of sites out front with no shade. If you go the beach in Cape May you will need beach tags, Cape May is a nice town with a lot of beautiful homes.

They have us in a block of sites in the "100-200" area. Most of us bring our own shade, so not really worried about that.

Well, with this type of gathering, there will be a potluck at least one night, and if I remember, last year, they got together and did a lobster broil.

Like her, except for the potlucks, I don't really cook either, but then I don't eat out much. Just simple stuff like oatmeal for breakfast and soup otherwise.

Not a big fan of Morgan Rv Resorts, I know of two that are horrendous in the area, hopefully this is a better one. There is also a nice zoo right on RT 9 in Cape May County that is free if you are looking for something to do. We take the girls down there every year to stroll around.

Best Regards,

Norm

Not a big fan of Morgan Rv Resorts, I know of two that are horrendous in the area, hopefully this is a better one. There is also a nice zoo right on RT 9 in Cape May County that is free if you are looking for something to do. We take the girls down there every year to stroll around.

Best Regards,

Norm

I'm with you we have had issues with Morgan Resorts and will avoid them if at all possible. X2 on the zoo it has to be one of the best smaller zoos we have been to and free, just be sure to make a donation that's all they ask. If you get to Stone Harbor make sure you stop at Springer's for Ice crean just look for the line.

Carol:

We stayed at the Natural Bridge KOA on our way home from Pigeon Forge last fall. It is literally right off the highway, but it is very quiet. Lots of trees, people who run it are very nice, they have a great little campground store. It was raining pretty good when we were there, but from what I saw it was nice. Comfort station was clean.

Carol:

We stayed at the Natural Bridge KOA on our way home from Pigeon Forge last fall. It is literally right off the highway, but it is very quiet. Lots of trees, people who run it are very nice, they have a great little campground store. It was raining pretty good when we were there, but from what I saw it was nice. Comfort station was clean.

Cool!!!

• 7 months later...

Carol, How was your trip. I just found this thread. You shouldn't have had any trouble getting the Fery, just get in line early or be prepared to wait for the next one. It was pricey but worth the $90 the kids loved it....and so did I. Did you make it to the Ugly Mug in Cape May, a favorite of ours too. I'll have to look in TR to see if you posted one.