UDA National Dance Team Championship, Feb 2-5

Caution, you are entering a Snarky Zone. (Yup I stole that from Bill O'Reilly.)

Dance and cheerleading moms should not read.

Be still my heart, the UDA, national dance competition is coming. It's right up there with the National Clogging competition.

300 teams of giddy teenage girls with 10,000 annoying parents and relatives are expected to attend.

The tents are going up at the resorts and the ear plugs for guests paying full price at the resorts housing the teams have been ordered

The good news is that most of it takes place on the weekend and I don't work weekends

Dance Moms, please send all emails to FF.Net with any complaints about the above Snarkiness.

Take solace in that I'll change the title and repost this same thread when the National Cheerleading competition comes into town.

Now now... :yourekillinme:

I'd be offended but really, what can I say... those clumsy other dancers should be giddy with excitement :stars-shower-smiley:

b/c they sure don't have the talents my precious snowflakes :bf-birddancingsmiley: have in just their little pinky fingers...

and those parents... geez, have you ever met a more annoying person than one who thinks their kid's a precious & talented snowflake?? Seriously. That's all I'm gonna say about that b/c I'm right and anybody who doesn't think so is wrong & that's that... :tounge-smiley:

and those parents... geez, have you ever met a more annoying person than one who thinks their kid's a precious & talented snowflake?

All kidding aside, most of the kids are fine, but as you'll agree, some of the parents actions are way over the top.

I did audience control a few years ago at a cheer-leading competition. My only task was to not let anyone in through the door that I was standing in front of. One dad came very close to punching me out, seriously, because I was doing what I was told to do. I thought afterwards that I should have asked him, what if I were his dad and some other jerk acted that way.

Oh crap Lou! I got the "pleasure" of being at the world when the cheerleaders were there, and while Nathen didn't mind it one bit, I quickly realized why God didn't torture me with a daughter. -_-

I guess I will hide in my site for those days! (punch included)

I'll take dancers and their parents over cheerleaders any day. OMG those people are horrible.

And as the mom of a child whose only dream since toddlerhood was once to cheer, I say this entirely from personal experience. The sportsmanship is horrible. There's little to no team spirit unless they're winning and then only for the "flyers" and the coach's "pets". At a big competition DD11 attended with her team this year, the coach and a team mom both left the field in what looked like might have been tears dragging their own DDs up flights of stadium steps behind them & leaving the rest on the field after the other team in our county took first place while ours got only an honorable mention. Maybe I was wrong and they both just had to pee really bad in that instant but it sure didn't look like it from their faces & body language... :drama:

It also doesn't surprise me that it was a cheer dad who nearly lost it at a competition. From what I saw here, most of those guys are there b/c the son is playing football so they're full up on imitation-macho and it's convienent to have the little woman and DDs on the sidelines cheering. An ego boost all round that seemed to me (ruh-oh this is my chance to use those letters) IMHO (oh look! :hah: there I did it! :rofl2: ) to be based more on loud pushiness than on any particular real talent.

Whew... with that out of my system, I will admit that the values always seem to be a lot more fun when you can sit back and watch the dance/cheer/music groups practice and socialize with kids from other areas of the country they'll be competing with that week. Then again, I don't like staying at those AS resorts so any positive entertainment is bound to improve them (ruh-oh again) IMHO... :rotfl6:

• 2 weeks later...

I had my first and only bus load of the girls last Thursday. They were conscious of the other riders and were quiet, but once it was just them on the bus, they were off and running. So I put the bus in neutral, pulled the parking brake, got up and walked to the back of the bus and politely told them that I wouldn't be able to hear the radio with all of the singing, yelling, and clapping going on. They apologized and were very quiet.

A few minutes out from the destination, I announced over the PA that I wouldn't need to be able hear the radio and they could let loose, which they did.

They were terrific.