Just got my new "Mickey Monitor" in the mail, and they show an Africa trek through Harambe Wildlife in AK. It says call for pricing details......that's never a good thing! Does anyone have any info on that, I hate to go through the dreaded WDW call. It sounds like fun!

Hey all! Called this morning for information. Spoke with "Thor"  :bday: It does sound like fun, but the price is $189.00 per person!! He did ask when I would be there, when I told him March & May he said they had no available tours for May, so maybe it is a "time" thing as far as price goes.

Reservations for Wild Africa Trek can be arranged by calling 407-WDW-TOUR (939-8687). Pricing for this unique adventure will vary seasonally. Guests who reserve a booking from January 16 through February 26, 2011, may take advantage of an introductory offer starting at $129. Park admission is required for participants.

Yesterday while at AK we asked three of the CMs at KS if they would recommend WAT. Each one (2 were drivers) said No. The general consensus was that it was just a glorified ride of what you normally see. If the animals weren't out on the normal safari you weren't going to see them on the WAT. They indicated the food presented was more a small snack. Looking down on the alligators was not a biggie as you saw as much as when you pass by in the regular trucks...just that you're standing over them. Also, this is not a handicapped accessible excursion nor is it available for younger children. That was just their comments.

We did see a couple groups out there when we went by in the safari truck. One of the WAT trucks was parked by the lion area and was a little higher up than the normal safari trucks. I assume they had little better picture taking view of the lions?? and this is the kind of thing that costs you the big bucks.

B-B-B

Thanks BBB. That's a shame, as I was really considering it. I did think 189 per person was a little high, but would make great pic taking ops, and having lunch included made the deal a bit sweeter. I think I'll just sit back and wait for others opinions.

It's basically a green flat bed delivery truck with sides, a canopy if needed and bench seats. The Safari trucks are much more interesting. I would have expected more for the price. Especially if you pay the full price of $189.

I also wouldn't decide to do it or not based on what CMs say. If someone asked me if they should do the back stage tour at MK, I would say no, but most people love it. And I would too I guess, but we become jaded when we're there all the time.