Fall 2011 Charlotte Motor Speedway Trip Report (long overdue)

Thank you so much for this trip report!!

My husband is a huge Mark Martin fan (thanks for the picture hehe) and we want to go to a race someday in our RV.

I am so excited to see all your pictures. I never knew anyone who has gone to a race in their rv until now :jumpforjoy

Sorry for all the rambling:)

I don't have a favorite driver yet, but I do like Jimmie Johnson because he does alot for animals :heart:

Michele

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm... you'd think they had Jimmie himself in that there what with all this drooling 'round here... :rofl2:

Oh yes he could have been in there... better safe then sorry!!!

Thank you so much for this trip report!!

My husband is a huge Mark Martin fan (thanks for the picture hehe) and we want to go to a race someday in our RV.

I am so excited to see all your pictures. I never knew anyone who has gone to a race in their rv until now :jumpforjoy

Sorry for all the rambling:)

I don't have a favorite driver yet, but I do like Jimmie Johnson because he does alot for animals :heart:

Michele

No need to apologize for rambling we here all love that :heartsmiley: If you ever have any questions or need help planning a nascar RV trip let me know!!

TRIP REPORT CONT.....

Soon it was night and the Nationwide race was about to begin so we went to the track for the opening ceremonies

The national anthem was sung by Candy Coburn

4023120f.jpg

of course I could not forget the driver intros with this charater (Kyle Busch) :banghead:

39496bd2.jpg

As we walked back to the camper we snapped some shots of the cars lined up before the race and got some shots of pit stalls too.

7a12ebbe.jpg

be5cb77c.jpg

Okay Kyle fans hold your breath as we walk by :hah:

12b0809d.jpg

All the track crews were ready to start the race and so were we!!!

d70fbd26.jpg

29a4e056.jpg

Were Green!!!!!

9b4bdcba.jpg

To be Cont......

Michele, check out laidback racing dot com. He has great info about all tracks and pop odom camping. At most tracks the local neighbors offer camping during the race weekends. Normally it is cheaper than the track's camping. Plus you may be able to run your generator longer if dry camping. During the summer months, it is hot without a generator at nights when dry camping.

We hit Daytona in Feb for the 500, Darlington and CLT for the 600. Shoot me a PM if we can help.

Can't wait to read the rest.

How far in advance do you need to get a spot, tickets etc?

Not sure which race track. Would love to go to Daytona some day, but I'm sure it is $$

Hopefully the Las Vegas race or one down south.

Michele

Just to help with some numbers it really does not cost way too much to camp at the track for instance here is what we paid for the tracks we have stayed at onsite..

(keep in mind that we went with 2 adults & 3 kids)

Dover (Spring) - Lot 2 camping (DRY) Truck, Nationwide & Cup seats on the front stretch for $745.00

Daytona (in July) - Lake Lloyd with water, electric cable, & fanzone tickets $1100.00

Charlotte (Fall) - South infield camping (DRY) 345.00

It really is not that bad and we are looking into adding some tracks this year to our list and the good thing is that you can renew your spot for the next year at most tracks for only $10 woo hoo!!

As far as getting the tickets in advance its a hit and miss all I can say is that as soon as you think you want to go call and see what they have left. I never thought in a million years that we would get infield Daytona on Lake Lloyd or Charlotte infield but I called and we got it. Just keep in mine people cancel all the time so if they have nothing just keep calling cause something is bound to pop up! We booked all 3 races for last year in March!

Edited by campingpixi

TRIP REPORT CONT.....

Carl Edwards won the race that night but at that point I didn't care cause we had a blast. The kids fell asleep and DH and I went and sat outside and had a few drinks and watched Talladega Nights on the jumbo screen for the 3rd time cause they showed it everynight! I think someone needs to tell them that there are other Nascar related movies that they can play!!

I forgot to post a lot of the pics that were taken during the day on pit road so here we go....

The Haulers were looking real good

cfbba1b4.jpg

Jimmie's car!!!

f55e6d1f.jpg

Pace Car

b78a7075.jpg

I just Had to!!!

3498b549.jpg

We no sooner turned a corner and ran into Trevor Bayne and he really is a great guy.

eec0c609.jpg

Aric Almirola was getting ready

6e4821ed.jpg

Kyle :banghead:

3cdc25d7.jpg

Jason & Kasey

8f15b024.jpg

The kids & Joey

9cdcc449.jpg

Yes folks we were having the time of our lives and all for only $345.00 for the weekend!!!

Kids & Mike Bliss

faa2664a.jpg

HOLD YOUR BREATH RACE FANS!!!

ff8b913e.jpg

Oh yes we got this amazing picture with DW!!! He really is what you see on TV! Very nice, funny and sweet too he even told me not to kill hubby as he fumbled with the camera LOL

Oh yes Jimmie Fans.. we got to meet Chad TOO!!

15389733.jpg

Can't say much cause im still shocked that we even got this pic!! He was also very nice and made my day when he shook Andrue's hand and said hey champ!! Yes I cried on pit road cause my sons dream of meeting Chad Came true!!

TO BE CONT......

Great pics Jess!! I like Joey and I hope he has a long successful career. He is one day older than Nathen. (Boy, that makes me feel old!)

Goes without saying, but LOVE Chad!! I caught him coming out of the bathrooms in Daytona and I was most excited about the fact that he had just been holding his.........well, you know. :P

Even though this report is overdue, it's perfect timing to get excited about the new season.

Bring on the racing!!! :jumpforjoy

If I read TRs, I would tell you that you're doing a great job.

Were both of you Nascar fans or did hubby drag you into it?

We are both Nascar fans!!! LOL No Dragging needed ;)

Really enjoying your TR! Loving the pics of the kids having fun, we are planning to do NH this September and I can't wait! Keep it coming!

Great pics Jess!! I like Joey and I hope he has a long successful career. He is one day older than Nathen. (Boy, that makes me feel old!)

Goes without saying, but LOVE Chad!! I caught him coming out of the bathrooms in Daytona and I was most excited about the fact that he had just been holding his.........well, you know. :P

Even though this report is overdue, it's perfect timing to get excited about the new season.

LOL my eyes popped out my head when I was reading that one!!!

Jimmie Johnson and Chad Knauss suck. Just so nobody forgets. Jess, either ol DW is real tall or you're in the Stepha70 height range lol. Great report and how cool to meet some drivers,

yeah im short im 5ft on a good day!! We know you hate the best its okay we can always use haters in Nascar!! LOL (just kidding not stepping on toes) :heartsmiley:

Wow! great pictures.

This certainly is a must do for us now. We better do it before Mark Martin finally does retire.

And thank you for all the info. You guys are so helpful :heartsmiley:

Well you better get to the races this year cause i'm not sure how long he is gonna stay. I know he wants his own team but the question is will he go truck, nationwide, or cup????

Well you better get to the races this year cause i'm not sure how long he is gonna stay. I know he wants his own team but the question is will he go truck, nationwide, or cup? ???

Your right. We don't know what he's doing. My husband is also a fan of Carl Edwards, but MM is #1

I need a driver. I've become a fan of Tony Stewart but also like Jimmie Johnson because he's a lover of animals :heart:

Your right. We don't know what he's doing. My husband is also a fan of Carl Edwards, but MM is #1

I need a driver. I've become a fan of Tony Stewart but also like Jimmie Johnson because he's a lover of animals :heart:

Don't take this the wrong way, but then again you can but don't worry if you do.....but I have a HATE/LOVE ( :banghead: / :heart: ) relationship with with your hubby.

Carl Edwards :banghead:

Kyle Busch and M&Ms :heart: :heart: :heart:

Now speaking of cute, Ryan Newman is lover of ainimals......... :heartsmiley: :heartsmiley: just sayin.

That's just not right. :o :nyd:

I'm not a racing fan. But several years ago when Winston sponsored the tour, I was working on the Winston marketing team at RJR. We went to a race and had a wonderful time! But that's because we were in the RJR suite. Free food and drinks flowed. Dale Earnhart, Sr., Darrell Waltrip, and Jeff Gordon visited us before the race, and we had pictures taken with all of them. I was so impressed with Waltrip! A truly nice guy. It was a memorable day. And I made megabucks on eBay selling Earnhart's autograph. It was right before he died.

I'm not a racing fan. But several years ago when Winston sponsored the tour, I was working on the Winston marketing team at RJR. We went to a race and had a wonderful time! But that's because we were in the RJR suite. Free food and drinks flowed. Dale Earnhart, Sr., Darrell Waltrip, and Jeff Gordon visited us before the race, and we had pictures taken with all of them. I was so impressed with Waltrip! A truly nice guy. It was a memorable day. And I made megabucks on eBay selling Earnhart's autograph. It was right before he died.

I was a huge Sr fan. Any chance you can share some pics?