Fall 2011 Charlotte Motor Speedway Trip Report (long overdue)

Sorry it took me months and months but here is the start! If I messed up sorry I am rusty at this ;)

We left home about midnight on Tuesday and arrived safely at Charlotte Motor Speedway at around 10:00 am after stops and such. Campers were lined up for the entry search of their rigs and their vehicles but we were lucky to be third in line so we go though pretty quick with the exception of my poor doxie tink did not like having to get off my lap twice during the search.

Once we got to our site we noticed that there were only 5 other campers there already set up so we timed getting their right. My DS jumped out of the truck and took a quick look around.

218e78ca.jpg

DS noticed that we were right at turn 4 and said someone is gonna wreak right there.

Aint he sweet LOL!

We got all set up in about 1 hour and others started coming in, stopping by and saying their hello's and one of the camping coordinatiors came up and said that that had to make a new site in front of ours to accommodate someone else. Well hubby flipped his lid because he booked the end site to make sure we were on the end so when it came time to leave we could get out easy since they pack you in like sardienes. Long story short after about 6 hours of driving us around in a golf cart trying to find us a “better” site the Track camp manager came out and apologized for staff promising and creating sites for members of their family and offered us VIP passes for the inconvience. So we were not going to be fools so we got in our truck and backed the camper up about 15 feet with slides and awning out and took the passes!!

Here is the final set up after all the crap.

674657c7.jpg

732d7248.jpg

We ate some sandwiches and went to take a look around before calling it a night and found out that we were camping right in sight of the Champions RV's

ffdf9a15.jpg

MORE TO COME!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRIP REPORT CONT.......

We woke up Thursday morning and decided to take a look at the haulers coming in... so with coffee in hand we went to the Hauler fence area and shortly the hauler parade started. Good thing they had to stop right in front of us before they when through the gate ;)

Here are a few pics- we took a lot but its way to many to put on here!

b6c4586c.jpg

4abf86b8.jpg

e7bb7773.jpg

cb92923f.jpg

After the Hauler entry was over we decided to go walk around since there was a little more to see that was set up then when we had arrived.

Here is Rissa's Favorite cart :)

e55a7032.jpg

16477be7.jpg

Andrue Loves this Sprint Truck

1a7d0125.jpg

Here is a Trio of TROUBLE

bbc9ccf2.jpg

d331a668.jpg

Me & the kiddos

30cd3fd2.jpg

That's all for today... my eyes are gonna pop out of my head!

TRIP REPORT CONT.....

We Went back to the camper and had a cheap breakfast of cereal and took off to the fan zone area so the kids could run around an cause trouble in Nascar Land before all the crowds came in.

Here are some Kyle carts we seen :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

9238e610.jpg

Our DS took pleasure of playing the IRacing simulator for about an hour!

362e343e.jpg

We saw this guy who just had to put his face on the cutout... soooooo embarrassing :hah:

11527686.jpg

The adults should be sitting here

6ac72fdc.jpg

This Fire Truck is Driven all over the country by firemen for breast cancer awarness. It was an honor to donate to such a wonderful cause!

402551bb.jpg

This is just too funny.... Rissa asked Miss Sprint Cup (Monica) for an autograph and she looked at Rissa and said "didn't I see you earlier this year at another race?"

Rissa looked at her laughed and said yes I seen you at Dover Last year, This year and I saw you at this years July Daytona race too! We all had a great laugh and got some great pics too!

d1112763.jpg

5f5efa40.jpg

TRIP REPORT TO BE CONTINUED........

9238e610.jpg

:jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy

And after his stupid stunt in TX, I would have said that is all he should be driving. :clint:

But I can't give up my M&Ms. And now Monster drinks...... What a combo... :jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy

wanna trade kids? LOL

Your kids obviously LOVE racing, DH is a huge fan, I can accomodate and enjoy being there in person but I can't watch the stuff on TV, but the kids dont even want to entertain the idea of going to a race.. they think they'd be bored. Go figure.

I thought the kids would be board when we started but they always have kid zones with a bunch of free stuff to do like pony rides, video games, photo booths, food & drinks.. way to much stuff to list.

TRIP REPORT CONT.....

We got hungry so we decided to go back to the camper and have a bite to eat, we only had hot dogs and mac & cheese no big deal there. After that we went to the Fan Zone again to have some more fun.

The kids loved shooting the cork gun for prizes... not to mention it was all FREE!!

f7a99b93.jpg

6869a231.jpg

As we walked around we noticed that someone special was out there making sure the kiddos were not being naughty!!

1eb3d9e3.jpg

There was also a petting zoo there and I think Rissa made a new friend! All the little critters were too cute for words and the kids & Darryl wanted to bring some of them home :)

66d0d18c.jpg

Well me and the camel did not get along to well cause the darn thing BIT ME!!! It was no longer cute after that!

Isn't it nice how hubby was there to take the pic!

7ca101d0.jpg

After all the fun at the petting zoo we went back to the camper to relax and play wii. All I wanted to do is get off my feet cause they were killing me and I did too cause for the rest of the day I sat outside on my chair drinking Budlight lime saying hello to the people that walked by while Darryl & the kiddos killed the batteries in the wii remotes and ate junk!

For dinner hubby made his famous bacon, mushroom, & blue cheese burgers with fries and they were so good I passed out until the next morning ;)

To be continued........

well bust my buffers... Will you just look at what Kyle Tony Jimmie the cat dragged in... :raspberry2: :jumpforjoy

I'm on board for the big race too! Just one question though... I saw the grill-man. So when do we eat?? :grill:

well bust my buffers... Will you just look at what Kyle Tony Jimmie the cat dragged in... :raspberry2: :jumpforjoy

I'm on board for the big race too! Just one question though... I saw the grill-man. So when do we eat?? :grill:

Yeah Pam I dragged myself back... :walk-plank-smiley:

What no pictures of those famous burgers! I cry foul!! :what2:

Blame that one on the grill man!!!

Not even a picture of the grill so far... ::)

Sadly Pam we did not take the grill :bugeyes:

I love the pictures of your kids having fun! I'm not a race fan, but I love your race tr's! I'm glad they have stuff for the kids now, I remember going to Daytona with my Daddy and Granddaddy and camping when there was nothing to do except watch the race.

TRIP REPORT CONTINUED..... (the rest of the report is going to be more pics and less talk LOL)

Friday came at last and it was the day of the nationwide race and we were all excited because we were going to pit road and the garage area in hopes to see some drivers!!

In the Garage area they were getting the inspection station ready and pit road was bare >:D Well almost LOL

b44f29e6.jpg

83e388a3.jpg

​In the morning a lot of the crew stood around waiting to get to work on the cars!

09359e15.jpg

A lot of the Sprint Cup teams were getting their cars ready for practice so we got a good look as some of them in the garages!

Clint Boywer's #33 car (he is now in the #15 though)

076fe15d.jpg

Jeff Gordon's #24

a9ddda5b.jpg

Dale Earnhardt Jrs #88

7d4d6dc7.jpg

Well I could not forget the Kyle fans here #18

d8698ce3.jpg

This was the first time we got to see how fast they can put the decals on a car and were amazed!

e0d5ed71.jpg

To be continued.....

TRIP REPORT CONT.......

They soon Started rolling out the cars for the practice and finishing up on the last tweaks that needed to be made.

Montoya's car #42 ..... the best part of this pic is jimmie's hauler :jumpforjoy

e08d9377.jpg

Mark Martin's #5..... and jimmies hauler :jumpforjoy

a454f115.jpg

Kasey Kahne's #4 (Now #5)

b3f63c07.jpg

David Ragan's #6 (Now driving #34)

77f7c407.jpg

Later in the day Darryl took Andrue to the Grandstands to to get a good look and they had a ball!

7447d034.jpg

13ab9ac9.jpg

Too be continued........