i can't wait until spring. the garage is full and ready for a rummage. it will probably be an on-going rummage through out the summer. i will just keep the tables set up and when i can have it - it'll be open. even if i only sell a little bit a day... it's less stuff and more money in my pocket. :)

how about you? have you been holding rummages or are you ready to?

Before we move south, we plan on having the "mother of all garage sales!" 37 years of hoarding, as my kids say. hahaha We're down to 3 10X25 foot storage spaces now but still a ton to get rid of. Can't put it in the motorhome, it goes! Now if I can only stop going to more myself!

With our financial belt pulled a bit tighter around us, my DH has gone e-Bay crazy. He is finally letting go of some of the items he has boxed for years. Little "treaures" that will be appreciated and loved by the highest bidder...not kepted in a dark, cardboard box in our basement. Yes, it was hard for him to watch items like his 1960's Frankenstein (bathtub toy) shipped to Pennsylvania, but Disney memories await...

Good Luck rummaging!

my garage looks like a thrift shop threw up in it...

Love It! As an ebay seller, my office, bedroom, basement and the part of the garage I managed to take before DH noticed, look like a thrift store threw up... well maybe like a certain girls' catalog exploded and started spewing out crap... errr... make that treasures, when I'm cleaning it's crap, when I'm selling then it's quite the treasure... :dogsnicker:

• 4 weeks later...

I used to do the garage sale thing and ebay thing and the people and ebay started to get to me. The people that come to garage sales here want you to give them the stuff and ebay wants to rid you of your money out of your wallet. So, I take the stuff that I really want to sell and put it on craigslist or other sites. I have my own legitimate online store as well that I sell my new stuff on. As far as the stuff I can part with that is not worth selling, it gets donated to the Vietnam Veterans Association and I get a tax write off for it. I just don't have the hours any more to deal with people in garage sales and I certainly will not deal with the sucking of my wallet dry by ebay.

If you can stand either of them, more power to you! You are a better person than me.

we have tons of consignment shops but the only problem is that they like to hold onto the stuff and not put it out for sale then say we could only sell that new with tags $25.00 shirt for $2.00!

I would rather just give the clothes away rather then deal with that! It would be nice if they were not trying to scheme people all the time!!

that would be great, carol. if only there was somewhere nearby that would do that.. :) it's funny.. i hate going to rummage sales but, don't mind having them. it's almost time to start mine up again. if i get a 60 degree saturday it'll be open for business. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am doing a huge yard sale April 5, 6 and 7 in Mobile with my middle daughter. We have tons of stuff to get rid of. I tend to hold on to things but when it is time for a yard sale I am able to get rid of those things.....money for a summer trip we hope!