Last year we had an annual pass, starting January 1 and we used it to book a second session at the Fort.

We don't have one now but we may be back later this year. Is there a way to buy a pass that it would be usable for booking a camp site without starting it months before we get there?

(I may be off base here, but I think we had a discount on the camping rate.)

You can order an AP voucher and activate it at a later date. To book an AP code by phone you're not always asked for your # but if you need it just give them the voucher # . It's also a good way to lock in this year's price if you have the $$ to commit now...

I just saw this on Mousesavers regarding the current batch of AP discounts...

You can book up to three rooms per adult Annual Pass. You can book with a valid Annual Pass, an exchange voucher or with the intent to purchase an Annual Pass, as long as you present a valid Annual Pass or exchange voucher upon check-in.

http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html#ap

On the subject of whether or not you have to show your annual pass at check in in order to receive the discount, I booked a room at All Star Sports last year with a Passholder Discount. This was a last minute thing that I did over the WDW phone reservation system. When I made the reservation, I was required to give my Pass number, so I figured that I was all set. When I checked in, the castmember said I needed to show my AP. It was out in the car, so I asked if it was really necessary. He said it was. So, I had to go out to the car, get the pass and get back on the line. I was then called up by a different castmember. She was an older lady. She completed my check in and did not ask to see my AP. I told her that I had gone out to the car to get it at the request of her neighboring castmember. She said it wasn't necessary, since my AP number was already on the reservation.

So do you have to show your AP when you check in in order to get the discount?

Maybe.

TCD

I have never been asked to show my AP when checking in at the Fort. Also never had to put it on my reservation. Another thing to check is the AAA rate which is "usually" cheaper than the AP rate. I DID have to put my AAA number on the reservation but did NOT have to show the card at check in.

Inconsistencies at WDW? Say it isn't so! :rofl2:

I had just renewed our passes and had voucher in hand in case I was asked for it when checking in, as I had booked passholder rate.

Nope! The only thing they wanted was my credit card, go figure. ::)

I have never been asked to show my AP when checking in at the Fort. Also never had to put it on my reservation. Another thing to check is the AAA rate which is "usually" cheaper than the AP rate. I DID have to put my AAA number on the reservation but did NOT have to show the card at check in.

I also have never had to give an AAA or AP number when booking or checking in.

No wonder I can rarely score a discount.

I guess anyone can try to book with an AP or AAA discount whether they have and AP or AAA membership or not. :(

TCD

We checked in yesterday at the Wilderness Lodge with an AP discount. We had a CM that was Earning his Ears, and he had a supervisor telling him step by step what to do. They never asked to see the AP and I never was asked for it when I made the reservation. Like several have said, it's probably better to have the voucher just in case they do. Also, if you buy it now, by the time you visit WDW, the price of an AP will have probably gone up, so you'll be saving even more money because you bought it early!

Can't recall if this specific offer has been posted yet, so just in case...

From MousePlanet.

Passholder room discounts available through June

line.gif

The Passholder discount that was offered briefly last month for most dates March 9 through June 14 has been replaced with a new offer. Discounts at the Value resort level match those of the current room-only offer available to the general public, but the discount at the higher-level resorts provides greater savings. The nights of April 1 to 14 and May 25 to 31 are not available due to peak travel periods of Easter break and Memorial Day week.

While the general public can only book through February 28, as with most Passholder offers, Passholder can book this discount through the day of arrival if rooms are still available. As with all discounts, rooms available at these rates is limited, and minimum length-of-stay requirements may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals. No group rates or other discounts apply. Suites and 3- bedroom Grand Villas are not included.

You can make your reservation through the Walt Disney World Passholder website or by calling (407) 939-1876 or your favorite travel agent and mentioning discount code RX2. MousePlanet’s preferred Disney travel providers are MouseEarVacations.com (link), Small World Vacations (link) and Get Away Today (link).

http://www.mouseplanet.com/9889/Walt_Disney_World_Resort_Update