CKCK "Photos and Thoughts" trip report, 2/11-2/16

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am just :heart:ing this TR! Great photos. (and descriptive details of Hector and crew) A few comments... 1. Practicing handbells? Why not? My DD brings her fife everywhere.... My DS12 uses the

I'll give you that but your girls would love it!!

Sorry doodle, but I have hung with the girls a bit, and they most definitely would choose GAG & beer over tea, if given a choice.

Andrew = 1

Doodle =0

:rofl2:

Well I will have to side with Cherie here, the afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian was just the best. I enjoyed it much more than a GAG, come on fried chicken, limpy fries and beans that keep giving back long after eating. The tea was so good, wish I could afford it everyday (found it online, wow $). The finger sandwiches were really good, although small (small is not in my vocabulary) and the desserts, well desserts are in my vocabulary. I am currently anticipating the next birthday tea, with a new purple hat. It was so much fun.

Stef doesn't count she isn't a girlie girl and I mean that in the best way possible. :rofl2: :heart:

No truer words have ever been spoken. Never have been girlie, never will be!! :tounge-smiley: I prefer men 100% :jumpforjoy

Andrew, don't mess with the tea, it turns into a great "guy" day when they are off on a 7 hour tea and come back in good moods.

With that said, I am 100% for the girls going to tea and the guys (and Stefa) spending the day at the fort, scratching and sniffing and shooting the bull.

Andrew, don't mess with the tea, it turns into a great "guy" day when they are off on a 7 hour tea and come back in good moods.

With that said, I am 100% for the girls going to tea and the guys (and Stefa) spending the day at the fort, scratching and sniffing and shooting the bull.

Not sure I needed to read that. Mental Floss.... please.

Genius!

I am going to vote for you to be the Mayor of the Fort the next time we hold elections.

TCD

We didn't find anything exciting looping, other than seeing Total Joker's site in the 1600's. He wasn't there, and was gone the next time we made it over there.

Was this my mystery note left on the board?

Missy chooses tea > GAG.

Great report so far, loving the girls...too cute!

:popcorn:

I am 100% for the girls going to tea and the guys (and Stefa) spending the day at the fort, scratching and sniffing and shooting the bull.

:heart: Love you Bob! Don't forget farting..............

I am going to vote for you to be the Mayor of the Fort the next time we hold elections.

TCD

I second that vote!

CKCK, see what happens when the natives get restless? Carry on.

Was this my mystery note left on the board?

Missy chooses tea > GAG.

Great report so far, loving the girls...too cute!

:popcorn:

No, I didn't leave a message. I saw the board, but didn't stop. I meant to come by later but never got a chance!

Now for this heated Tea/GAG debate that I has been stirred up:

You all make valid points.

I appreciate your input.

I totally see Bob's point of view and agree with that as well. The ladies did come back happy.

So, Bob gets a point for making a good argument, and I definitely vote for him for mayor.

However, left over GAG and beer is cheaper than hoity toity tea and scones.

All arguments aside, it's my trip report, so I have the final say.

And I say GAG and Beer win!!!

CKCK & the guys (and Stef): 1

Girls: 0

Bob: 1 (because he made a good point and a funny tea party joke)

Now for this heated Tea/GAG debate that I has been stirred up:

You all make valid points.

I appreciate your input.

I totally see Bob's point of view and agree with that as well. The ladies did come back happy.

So, Bob gets a point for making a good argument, and I definitely vote for him for mayor.

However, left over GAG and beer is cheaper than hoity toity tea and scones.

All arguments aside, it's my trip report, so I have the final say.

And I say GAG and Beer win!!!

CKCK & the guys (and Stef): 1

Girls: 0

Bob: 1 (because he made a good point and a funny tea party joke)

Your TR your rules!! I'm ready to move on, so how about another update! :))

I didn't get to vote. :( Loved the tea! I am sure your wife and her friend had some great bonding time at the Tea. There is just something special about putting on a purple fancy hat and doing something I would never do in my real life! That being said, I love fried chicken and beer too, but I can do that anytime/anywhere!

I agree with Judy about being the band director. That is a life-consuming job. Our band director quit the week before school started in 2003, the superintendent was just going to do away with band. Heck NO! I volunteered to teach band during my planning period. I did it 2 years before they hired someone else. Bear in mind that I graduated in 1980 and that was my last band experience, but I had the best band director EVER and I just tried to teach the way he did. I loved concert season, but Marching season almost killed me! Did I tell you I live in Florida and it is HOT as crap here during football season? One day I'll post a link to some videos of our first year marching, when you need a laugh! I was also a junior sponsor the first year and senior sponsor the next. I have realized after typing this that I was indeed clinically insane and someone should have sent the men in white coats after me!

I have the utmost respect for what you do and agree, it is life changing for those who participate. Research backs up what you said about the connections with music and learning! Fiends, if your kids are not in band, get them in there!

Back to the regularly scheduled TR which I am thoroughly enjoying! Great pics!

I didn't get to vote. :( Loved the tea! I am sure your wife and her friend had some great bonding time at the Tea. There is just something special about putting on a purple fancy hat and doing something I would never do in my real life! That being said, I love fried chicken and beer too, but I can do that anytime/anywhere!

I agree with Judy about being the band director. That is a life-consuming job. Our band director quit the week before school started in 2003, the superintendent was just going to do away with band. Heck NO! I volunteered to teach band during my planning period. I did it 2 years before they hired someone else. Bear in mind that I graduated in 1980 and that was my last band experience, but I had the best band director EVER and I just tried to teach the way he did. I loved concert season, but Marching season almost killed me! Did I tell you I live in Florida and it is HOT as crap here during football season? One day I'll post a link to some videos of our first year marching, when you need a laugh! I was also a junior sponsor the first year and senior sponsor the next. I have realized after typing this that I was indeed clinically insane and someone should have sent the men in white coats after me!

I have the utmost respect for what you do and agree, it is life changing for those who participate. Research backs up what you said about the connections with music and learning! Fiends, if your kids are not in band, get them in there!

Back to the regularly scheduled TR which I am thoroughly enjoying! Great pics!

Amazing! You had some guts volunteering for that job. Though, what kind of crazy Super just decides to do away with it? WHAT'S WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Thank you for keeping it going. I'm sure those kids were grateful to you for that.

Ok, let's get this thing back on track now and see what other kind of controversy we can stir up!!!

We are now to Tuesday...the longest Tuesday ever.

We were up bright and early in the AM to get everyone up, showered, and on the boat in time to make MK ropedrop.

Did I mention that Hector is 6'8"? That made for some interesting sleeping arrangements in our 26' TT. 3 girls, 3 adults. We made it work, though!

I had never seen ropedrop before at the MK, but my wife had told me about it. It was pretty cool. The neatest thing is hearing all the kids freak (and mommies) when the train comes in, whistle blowing, smoke billowing, to the tune of "Casey Jr." I looked over at Hector and I saw tears in his eyes. This is "Mr. Disney is just for kids..."

Team CKCK winning.

Wish I could show you the pic of Apple sitting on his shoulders, but alas, you will just have to imagine.

6899691187_fb8528dd8f.jpg

6899691433_b867981069.jpg

6899691769_501f41f036.jpg

6899692333_ac376fd8c8.jpg

6899692959_41fe3be2dc.jpg

6899693493_b204cd9c55.jpg

That's Hector and Apple in the right of that pic. You can tell because he's a giant.

The only bad thing about MK ropedrop?

The herd trying to get in the park afterwards.

Once we finally made it through we headed straight to the castle to get to Fantasyland. After all, where do you first take a 5, 3.5, and 2 year old?

6899694345_a0b1f6489d.jpg

6899694625_2d66f93c8f.jpg

Possibly the most humiliating job in the MK.

6899694893_b60a555c1c.jpg

That darn contruction sticking out...

6899695189_d27789be10.jpg

6899695479_8a9e4a2bb3.jpg

6899695739_961c04c0dc.jpg

Amazing to think that Tink jumps out of that tower at night. What a ride! (the zip line, not Tinkerbell...)

6899696311_7925742054.jpg

My wife claims that there are mice somewhere in the rafters inside the castle, and that these are not the ones she was talking about. Does anyone know what she's talking about?

From here we hit pretty much all of the rides in Fantasyland, with the exception of Snow White. According to DaveinTN, she's a whore, so we keep the girls away...

Actually, it's just not happy enough to take them on, so we skip it.

I finally got a pic of the Nautilus in Pooh's treehouse:

6899696573_61145eda4e.jpg

Okay, here's a disclaimer about the next picture: Since I'm not allowed to post pics of Hector, Fransesca, or Apple, I have to use the pics that I have, or this TR will be even more boring than it already is.

So, against my better judgement, here's a pic from the TeaCups:

6899697409_822014cc80.jpg

I warned you.

6899697891_a9171ee9f8.jpg

I have mixed emotions about that picture. I love it, but DD3.5 looks so old in it that it drives me crazy! Growing up too fast!

6899698427_dc5d5c999a.jpg

Here is the only pic of Apple you're going to get. She and DD3.5 had a blast, and basically were together the entire time. Once we got in the SW line they toof off. DD3.5 knew what she was doing and didn't bother waiting on us. They almost got on a boat all by themselves before we even got down there!

6899700053_db85b1ddc5.jpg

From there we got our FP's for Buzz, and of course, jumped on the People Mover! Who hoo!

No pics from it this time, but I do have our pics from Buzz:

6899701281_8f630491e3.jpg

I pretty much dominated this time. I forget my score, but I'm pretty sure I had a million.

6899701963_9ef4598802.jpg

This shooting technique seemed to work much better for me than the last one.

I think I forgot I had my camera for awhile, because I have no pics from PotC or lunch.

I do, however, have some pics of our afternoon snack...well...kind of:

6899702193_1a0c0e4761.jpg

6899702573_1e98ffbba3.jpg

6899703183_73febcce2e.jpg

I was too slow to get any other better pics of our Dolewhip.

Half Fail.

After we did a few more things we were pretty much crashing, so we headed to meet M & M (so that Apple could meet them and the princesses).

Mickey had fun with the girls:

6899708707_9c254edcb1.jpg

6899711385_0f4f7311b7.jpg

6899713497_902c214022.jpg

6899714013_9861be844a.jpg

DD2 waving goodbye to Aurora...told you she said goodbye to them but wouldn't meet them!

Ok, I'm going to verge on being a little mean here for a second.

I do not mean to be mean. I hope no one takes it as being mean.

Just an observation.

Also a comment on society today.

You can't tell from the pics, but Aurora was a little on the large side to be a princess.

She was not large to be a female.

She was probably average size if even that.

Yet Disney seems to have girls as princesses who are all pretty tiny and who have tiny waists.

This girl was not a typical princess size.

That doesn't mean she was fat, just not the normal tiny princess size. If she hadn't had on a princess dress I wouldn't have thought twice about it.

Do I make sense?

My comment is that society has driven us to judge people's sizes based on what we are presented by the media, hollywood, etc. which we all know is not reality. That ends up driving some people to judge themselves against those images. That isn't right. Stores do the same things when they market clothing, dress manequins, and so forth.

I guess we all expect princesses to be "princess size." Does that mean she was a bad Aurora or not pretty? No, not at all.

I thought she was a great Aurora anyway.

Just my thoughts on it.

I guess I also wonder what the size requirements for being a princess are.

Ok, enough seriousness. Moving on...

We headed back to The Fort to rest a little, grill some burgers, drink some beer/rum and coke (duh), and relax before we went back into the park for Wishes.

This is when it happened.

I'm kicking myself for not doing some investigating to get some pics, but I was resting, and didn't want to move.

Regardless, the wives happened to be walking back from the Settlement when they saw it.

We could also hear it from our campsite.

Handbells.

As in...handbells.

They had a table set up, and were playing handbells.

What the Fort?

Who brings handbells to the Fort and practices at their campsite?

I really wish I had gone to investigate. Maybe I could have played with them if I had.

We headed back into the park for Wishes. We had never seen Wishes from the park...only the beach.

6899715487_c0b10749f2.jpg

6899715709_0e74530221.jpg

I'm out of pic room, so I'll be back shortly to finish off this night so that we can get to Epcot tomorrow!