Hi,

Beanie and I will be coming down to in June with DD17 and her BFF. We've borrowed a friends 32' TT and I'm towing with an F350 Diesel Dually SuperCrew. The overall length on the rig is going to be between 55' and 60' total. There's a 3'2" slide out on the driver's side, and an 18' awning. Wanting as much space as possible, and a concrete pad, we're going to reserve a Premium space.

We're not bringing the dogs with us, and don't have a strong interest in staying in the pet friendly loops unless they come recommended from members here. We like the idea of backing up to water, and being centrally located, so we're currently contemplating the 1400 loop. We will be renting a golf cart.

Any suggestions for seclusion and water? We like having neighbors but would appreciate a little extra space and a more "woodsy" feel if possible. We are open to all suggestions, and a photo or two is appreciated. Don't forget we'll have a couple of teenagers with us, so pool, shopping, food and transportation to MK is paramount.

Thanks!

spoggy

I'm not the expert on which loop is better, or even which ones back up to water.

I will say that nomatter where you are, you're near things. Especially if you have a golf cart (btw, explore all the options of cart rentals to save money)! There are some that are in walking distance of the pool and campfire, but if you have a cart it really doesn't matter. Plus, part of the fun for us being there is driving around in the GC.

Hope you have a great time! When in June? We'll be there June 5-10 in a full hookup.

We were out playing in the snow all weekend, so I'm late to the party, but in case it's still helpful here's some additional information we have posted in our Info section...

Accommodations - Fort Wilderness Accommodations

First of all, welcome to Fort Fiends!

The only sites that have a decent water view are the ones on the 600 loop that back up to the fishing hole.

The canal that wraps around the 1400 loop is gross.

Here's a photo of it:

101_0173.jpg

And, that is after some decent rain. Currently, it looks worse!

Plus, some of the sites on the 1400 loop that back up to the canal have a big drop off, and no room in the back of the site.

If you want space and no pets, go for the 1100-1300 loops.

TCD

First of all, welcome to Fort Fiends!

...The canal that wraps around the 1400 loop is gross...

...Plus, some of the sites on the 1400 loop that back up to the canal have a big drop off, and no room in the back of the site.

If you want space and no pets, go for the 1100-1300 loops.

TCD

Thanks for the info, picture and the welcome! I had come to a tentative plan last night of locating somewhere in the 1300's, this just confirms it.

Here is the link to the site app. It is still "Very" Beta, and is not complete with pictures, but does have the concrete pad size on every site.

www.loop3000.com/sitedb/index.html

Thanks for the link, I've bookmarked it and put it to good use already.

spoggy

We were out playing in the snow all weekend, so I'm late to the party, but in case it's still helpful here's some additional information we have posted in our Info section...

Accommodations - Fort Wilderness Accommodations

I keep running through those links about every 4 minutes! Lifesavers!

spoggy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, newbie here, we stayed in 2500 loop near the small pool last time, we loved it because we could walk to laundry and pool. But since we rented a golf cart we found we don't need to be near them. So this time I want to try another loop. Was thinking about the 2100 loop because I would like to stay near the stream ( river?). Does anyone know what cabin numbers are near the water? I saw the pics of the cabins near the comfort station, but I don't think they are near the water.

WELCOME!!! If I'm thinking correctly, the "water" near the 2100 loop is nothing more than a ditch and rarely has much water in it.

But, if there is some good water near a cabin loop, I'm sure another Fiend will be along soon with a picture and cabin numbers!!

Hi, newbie here, we stayed in 2500 loop near the small pool last time, we loved it because we could walk to laundry and pool. But since we rented a golf cart we found we don't need to be near them. So this time I want to try another loop. Was thinking about the 2100 loop because I would like to stay near the stream ( river?). Does anyone know what cabin numbers are near the water? I saw the pics of the cabins near the comfort station, but I don't think they are near the water.

:insanity: Ok so no one else gave you a hard time I can be the first :) Make sure you stop over to this thread and introduce your self so you can get a proper FF welcome. Hope you find answers to you questions and meet some great Fiends at the Fort. My snarky comes in mild.. but watch out for that Lou character. :rofl2:

:insanity: Ok so no one else gave you a hard time I can be the first :) Make sure you stop over to this thread and introduce your self so you can get a proper FF welcome. Hope you find answers to you questions and meet some great Fiends at the Fort. My snarky comes in mild.. but watch out for that Lou character. :rofl2:

I will check it out, I've been reading about Lou!

that is good to know, on the maps it looks like a stream. Anyone else know if there are cabins near an actual river

The "rivers" you see on the Fort's maps are a big fat lie.

Those "rivers" are barely more than ditches.

Here's a photo of the canal that runs behind the 2300 and 2500 cabin loops. The cabins are off to the left in this photo- as you can see not very close to the ditch. And, make sure you notice how that deer is walking across the water. That will give you an idea of how deep the water is in the ditches:

100_8949.jpg

that is interesting, thanks for posting the pic, so I guess the only reason to be along the "ditch river" would be privacy, but aren't most cabins private in back. at least where we stayed last time they were.

THis forum is so awesome, everyone is so helpful, thank you.

DH wants the same cabin, but I am into trying a new loop. Any suggestions, secrets I should know? I don,t care about closeness to anything, since we will have a golf cart, which I found Kenny's through here. Price is almost half of what Disney charges.

Bumping

DH wants the same cabin, but I am into trying a new loop. Any suggestions, secrets I should know? I don,t care about closeness to anything, since we will have a golf cart, which I found Kenny's through here. Price is almost half of what Disney charges.