Rumour has it that intermittently thoughout March, Magic Kingdom Park will conduct a test of Disney’s FASTPASS for the nighttime entertainment spectaculars.

During the test, a limited amount of FASTPASS tickets will be distributed manually by Cast Members throughout the Magic Kingdom from 3-5 p.m. on test days.

The parade FASTPASS viewing location will be in the Castle hub area, just north of the Partners statue.

The fireworks and projection show FASTPASS viewing location will be in the southwest quadrant of the Castle hub.

As a reminder, all Walt Disney World Guests are expected to return within their FASTPASS return time window.

This test may or may not end up as part of regular park offerings.

Dave- Thanks for passing on these rumors when you hear them!

I think this has something to do with those NextGen Fastpasses that we have been hearing about.

The folks who get those will be able to reserve spots for parades and fireworks and such.

This test is probably just a way to see how reserving the space for certain guests works.

TCD

The WDW idiot managers, which BTW is all of them, and that's a fact, but I digress, are always coming up with ridiculous ideas.

99,9% never see the light of day. But they get the brownie points from their idiot manager, so everyone is happy.

But you do have the .1% that are implemented, so you never know about this one.

Dave- Thanks for passing on these rumors when you hear them!

I think this has something to do with those NextGen Fastpasses that we have been hearing about.

The folks who get those will be able to reserve spots for parades and fireworks and such.

This test is probably just a way to see how reserving the space for certain guests works.

TCD

They have always had "reserved" viewing for the fireworks with the desert party and the area by the smoking area just below that, but other than handicap seating, I did not know of any parade reserved space. Im not a fan of the idea, I think it will create more problems as those without fastpasses will be forced to fight over a much smaller space. I think the best vieiwing of the fireworks is further back on main street anyway. You get the full effect and get better pictures. As for the parade, just get there early.

Yuck! I don't like it!

Me either......

The WDW idiot managers, which BTW is all of them, and that's a fact, but I digress, are always coming up with ridiculous ideas.

99,9% never see the light of day. But they get the brownie points from their idiot manager, so everyone is happy.

But you do have the .1% that are implemented, so you never know about this one.

It did say this was just a test, to see how it works. I think we as guests brought this on ourselves. Disney is so into pleasing the guests that they took all of the complaints about watching parades and fireworks to the extreme. I hope it doesnt work out, but we should all express our concerns on future surveys.

I hope this is in the 99.9%!

Me too.....

Disney is so into pleasing the guests that they took all of the complaints about watching parades and fireworks to the extreme.

You might be right there. Perfectly reasonable people turn into insane, parade zombies when it comes to staking out a spot; protecting said spot; trying to kill anyone that leans even 1/2" into said spot...

Then there are the entitled "my kid is the center of the universe" slackers that show up 2 minutes before parade viewing and shove their little snowflakes in front of the Parade Zombie Army... which results in looks of death that could melt steel at best, vile language and shoving at worst.

Think I'm kidding? Venture over to any other WDW message board (pick one, any one) and start a thread about this topic. I give you 4 posts, 6 at the outside, before it gets heated. By page 2 you will witness verbal abuse and behavior not befitting an irrational dictator sitting on a nuclear weapon.

Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating... but only a little.

Here's how I see this playing out re: parades.

The same people mentioned above will resort to scheming, conniving, and in some extreme cases public flogging of CMs because they feel entitled to these special viewing areas and "it's not my fault I didn't know to get a FastPass!!"

I guess we'll see how it shakes out. Personally I've managed to find enough decent parade viewing areas that don't require spending half your day sitting on the curb or sharpening your elbows and doing your best "statue of a 400 lb bouncer" impersonation.

That and I'm just not that obsessed with parades.

Except Spectro. I'll kneecap anyone that gets in my way of viewing Spectro. I don't care how old your grandmother is.

:rofl2:

Hmm... I wonder if the WDW costume department has come up with snazzy looking Disney armor yet?

Disney visitors are usually nice to those of us who have children in wheel chairs but when a parade starts and our children are on the front row......yep here comes a family who will shove their children in front of ours. Ours cannot stand up and look over these other children. We have actually had costumed characters come up to our children and if others try to get in there with the character they will just move closer to our children. Go cast members!!!!

People really are ridiculous sometimes.

For the rare occasion we'll actually line up for a parade, my unofficial parade rule is "if you're shorter than me and polite, you're more than welcome to scootch in front of me"

I'm still amazed that all sense of manners and consideration go right out the window the minute a parade starts. ???

Really people?! It's a parade, for crying out loud! There will be another one. Probably in a few hours!

Ya know... I think I just figured out why my favorite parade is the Mickey's Jammin' Jungle parade at Animal Kingdom (other than the catchy tunes... And bark and growl and screech and roar!). It's never hard to find a spot to watch it.

Disney visitors are usually nice to those of us who have children in wheel chairs but when a parade starts and our children are on the front row......yep here comes a family who will shove their children in front of ours. Ours cannot stand up and look over these other children. We have actually had costumed characters come up to our children and if others try to get in there with the character they will just move closer to our children. Go cast members!!!!

That is crazy Judy, you are truely a saint because I know something like that would send me to my "bad" place...

Ya know... I think I just figured out why my favorite parade is the Mickey's Jammin' Jungle parade at Animal Kingdom (other than the catchy tunes... And bark and growl and screech and roar!). It's never hard to find a spot to watch it.

True!

At MK I find it a *LOT* easier to watch the parades from Liberty Square/Frontierland than even attempt it anywhere near Main St/Hub. My favorite spot is over near where the fruit/snack carts are (I forget what they're called). You can tuck under the roof if it's sunny or raining, and there's a little wall there perfect for sitting on - or standing on if the people in front of you block your view.

We watched the Hallowishes parade from there and the Headless Horseman came right at us!

6348852177_5bd692b335_z.jpg

(I wasn't quick enough to get a non-blurry shot)

Plus when the parade is over, you're not trapped in the crowds. You can just duck out the back and head to HM or into Fantasyland.

Shhhh... don't tell anyone! :rofl2:

I read on another board that this may work into a pay to watch in the future. One of the posters even said that since they were staying at a deluxe resort they should automatically get these as a perk. I think that between things like the advance fast passes , advance dining and now this they are beginning to take the Magic out of a Disney trip.

Lets get it down to he who has the most money gets the most Magic :panic:

Just remember that there's a ton of speculation about this stuff (especially on the various message boards) but so far it's just that. There are even a couple of Disney fan sites that write like they have the inside scoop - when in fact they're just guessing and know nothing more than you or I.

There hasn't been anything officially released so far.

Don't panic..... yet. ;)