The Work, Womenz, Weunion, and Welaxation Trip Report!!

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday, Feb 23, 2012

When we last left off, we had all returned from the MK and headed to bed. It was a long day for all of us.

Today was Animal Kingdom Day. The boys actually got out the door way before we did.

When Rick and I finally got up and got going, it was Rick's turn to drive the golf cart, and I rode Rick's scooter out to the Outpost

IMG_5530.jpg

IMG_5531.jpg

IMG_5532.jpg

IMG_5533.jpg

IMG_5534.jpg

IMG_5535.jpg

IMG_5536.jpg

IMG_5537.jpg

We arrive at Animal Kingdom, and get in touch with at least one of our boys. They were waiting to go into Flights of Wonder, so we wander that direction.

IMG_5540.jpg

IMG_5541.jpg

IMG_5542.jpg

IMG_5543.jpg

IMG_5544.jpg

IMG_5545.jpg

IMG_5546.jpg

IMG_5547.jpg

IMG_5548.jpg

IMG_5549.jpg

IMG_5550.jpg

IMG_5551.jpg

IMG_5552.jpg

IMG_5553.jpg

IMG_5554.jpg

IMG_5555.jpg

IMG_5556.jpg

IMG_5557.jpg

IMG_5558.jpg

IMG_5559.jpg

IMG_5560.jpg

Just remember... you asked for it!!!

There was... b-loooood on the saddle.... and ..... b-loooooooood all around....

and a great. big. p-uuuddllle... of b-looooood on the ground. ;D

Classic!!! Thanks!!!

Same here! I am just worried I may not get my trip report finished before we get to SM! And then there's ANOTHER trip report to do! LOL

:rofl2:

Never any pressure around here!!!!! Just enjoy it!!

I love AK! And I love seeing all the parrots! WOO HOO!

I enjoy the parrots too!

Dh loved flights of wonder. I am waiting to see where you had lunch..... one of my favorite restaurants in in AK

Actually, lunch is not a big thing with the Kelley clan. I don't remember, but since I don't have Trails End buffet pictures, I'm thinkin this was the mornin Rick ran out and got us the bagel sandwhiches from Trails End before we headed out. However, we have dinner plans at AK.

AK is great place to capture great pictures!!! You're doing a great job Carol. You're also making me want to buy a bigger and better camera. H is in a hayfield soooo who's gonna stop me? ;D

Yes it is, but now I'm wishin I had a zoom lens and I'm scouring the internet for one I'm willing to pay for. Yeah, go for it..... Just wait awhile to show it to him, and maybe he'll think you've always had it!! :rofl2:

Yes it is, but now I'm wishin I had a zoom lens and I'm scouring the internet for one I'm willing to pay for. Yeah, go for it..... Just wait awhile to show it to him, and maybe he'll think you've always had it!! :rofl2:

Oh yeahh.... the old "I've had this thing forever" bit. Not that I have EVER done such a thing. ::) :rofl2:

ETA: BTW.. I am extremely, very pro Flights of Wonder but we have a hard time catching the show too! It's worth it when we do though.

Wow!

It took me a long time to get caught up, but now I am.

My head is spinning just reading about the logistics of this trip!

Great job, Carol.

I have a question for you-

Do the KTTW cards open the back gate to the parking lot?

Right after they installed that new gate, I tried to go in that way, and my card didn't work. They also put up castmember only signs on the drive in there, so I assumed that guests weren't allowed in that way.

I would love to be able to use that gate, though.

TCD

Wow!

It took me a long time to get caught up, but now I am.

My head is spinning just reading about the logistics of this trip!

Great job, Carol.

I have a question for you-

Right after they installed that new gate, I tried to go in that way, and my card didn't work. They also put up castmember only signs on the drive in there, so I assumed that guests weren't allowed in that way.

TCD

Thanks for readin!!! I use that gate all the time, and yes it does work!

You're welcome. Since I gave Melissa a reenactment of "The Firework"... maybe you'll get a live performance of CBJ at SM. :rofl2: Really you don't have to thank me. :rofl2: (and I don't think you will.) ;D

Rick's the singer in our family........ Just sayin......

Oh yeahh.... the old "I've had this thing forever" bit. Not that I have EVER done such a thing. ::) :rofl2:

ETA: BTW.. I am extremely, very pro Flights of Wonder but we have a hard time catching the show too! It's worth it when we do though.

You would NEVER do such a thing, would you!!

TCD

We use that gate all the time too. It makes getting in and out of the Fort a lot easier!

Well, I had this next post almost done, and my mouse fell on the floor and closed my browser, so let's try again!!!

Leaving Flights of Wonder, we're now just wandering towards Festival of the Lion King

IMG_5614.jpg

IMG_5616.jpg

IMG_5618.jpg

IMG_5619.jpg

IMG_5620.jpg

IMG_5622.jpg

IMG_5624.jpg

IMG_5625.jpg

IMG_5626.jpg

Got Bamboo??

IMG_5627.jpg

IMG_5628.jpg

IMG_5629.jpg

IMG_5630.jpg

IMG_5631.jpg

IMG_5632.jpg

IMG_5633.jpg

IMG_5635.jpg

IMG_5637.jpg

I have lots of show photos, so I'll continue in the next post

Well, duh on me. Before they moved the gate, I used to go in and out that way all the time. But as I said, right after they moved it, I thought it wasn't for guest use any more. Now I know. Thanks Carol and Cherie!

TCD

Just so I'm clear, is this the same gate that the buses enter through? If so, I thought I had read that the KTTW cards didn't work there when they first put those gates up. I never even thought to check it on our last trip.

Yes, this is the same gate the buses enter through. I've been using my key card to enter that gate since Sept of 2010. I let some friends in the gate when they came to visit for dinner over Labor Day weekend. (It was Cam Newton's first Auburn football game, so I remember it well!!)

Just so I'm clear, is this the same gate that the buses enter through? If so, I thought I had read that the KTTW cards didn't work there when they first put those gates up. I never even thought to check it on our last trip.

Yes, this is the same gate the buses enter through. I've been using my key card to enter that gate since Sept of 2010. I let some friends in the gate when they came to visit for dinner over Labor Day weekend. (It was Cam Newton's first Auburn football game, so I remember it well!!)

Yep, that's the gate.

And I can tell you that the first time I tried after those gates were installed, my KTTW card would not open the gate. I even got out of the truck and tried a couple of times. Then, I pulled around to the main gate, and my card worked fine. Since then, they have posted signs saying castmembers only out by the road, so I don't think they want guests to use this gate, but they obviously have left it so the the KTTW cards work. I didn't know they did.

TCD

OK, time to continue on.....

Festival of the Lion King. One of the main characters was missing, (the lead male), and he has a major singing role, so I was curious to see how they would address this.

IMG_5642.jpg

IMG_5643.jpg

IMG_5647.jpg

IMG_5648.jpg

IMG_5649.jpg

IMG_5650.jpg

IMG_5652.jpg

IMG_5653.jpg

IMG_5654.jpg

IMG_5656.jpg

IMG_5657.jpg

IMG_5658.jpg

IMG_5659.jpg

Here is where he has the major singing role. It turns out they had one of the leads recorded and just piped his voice in.

IMG_5660.jpg

IMG_5663.jpg

IMG_5664.jpg

I discovered "Sports" mode during the show. For things with lots of movement, you can just hold down the shutter and it rapid shoots with no flash. It's great. Got shots I'd never be able to get otherwise

IMG_5665.jpg

IMG_5666.jpg

IMG_5667.jpg

IMG_5668.jpg

IMG_5670.jpg

IMG_5672.jpg

IMG_5673.jpg

IMG_5675.jpg

IMG_5677.jpg

IMG_5682.jpg

IMG_5683.jpg

IMG_5685.jpg