you will never get free dining unless there is a purple full moon. DH got us 20% off the site for our july trip this year because he is good about letting disney know how much money he has already spent plus they kept saying that they sent offers in the mail that we did not get. You can always keep calling to see if there are any offers that could help.

No free dining for campsites - you can get it for cabins.

There are AAA, AP, Florida Resident, Disney Visa and sometimes straight-up promotional offers available from Disney on campsites though. The catch is that it depends on the time of year and generally they only release a limited number of discounts, so if you hear of something CALL FAST before they're all gone.

One great way to keep up on room only discounts is to subscribe to the MouseSavers newsletter...

http://www.mousesavers.com/

When I hear about them, I also post offers on the Budget Board here too.

Here are a couple from MouseSavers that are going on now...

11x11_spacer.gif

Spring Saving Offer

Save at select Disney resorts for stays most nights 4/13/12-6/14/12.

For stays 4/13/12-5/24/12 and 5/28/12-6/14/12:

• 20% off All Star Sports, All Star Music, Pop Century, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Standard view rooms at Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • 25% off Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Animal Kingdom Villas and BoardWalk Villas
  • 30% off Yacht and Beach Club, BoardWalk Inn, Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs and Old Key West
  • 5% off All Star Movies, Fort Wilderness campsites, Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter, Animal Kingdom Lodge – Savannah View, Contemporary Resort, Bay Lake Tower, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, and Beach Club Villas

For stays 5/25/12-5/27/12:

• 15% off All Star Sports, All Star Music, Pop Century, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Standard view rooms at Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • 20% off Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Animal Kingdom Villas and BoardWalk Villas
  • 25% off Yacht and Beach Club, BoardWalk Inn, Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs or Old Key West
  • 5% off All Star Movies, Fort Wilderness campsites, Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter, Animal Kingdom Lodge – Savannah View, Contemporary Resort, Bay Lake Tower, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, and Beach Club Villas

This is a room-only offer. Tickets and dining plans can be added to your room-only booking, but that will turn it into a vacation package, and vacation package rules will apply.

Book by 3/31/12.

Thanks to Small World Vacations for info.

To reserve a room with the Spring Savings Offer, call the Disney Reservations Center at (407) W-DISNEY or contact a

travel agent who specializes in Disney travel, and request code H6C.

http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html#springsavings

11x11_spacer.gif

Annual Passholder Room-Only Discounts

Stay dates: 1/2/12-3/8/12. Get a substantial discount off regular "Rack" rates. Pricing and percent off will vary by resort type and date. Use code H5L. Rates not available for all dates, room types and resorts. Minimum stay requirements and/or higher rates may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals.

• Value Resorts up to 30% off
  • Moderate Resorts 35% off
  • Deluxe Resorts 35% off
  • Deluxe Villa Resorts 35% off

Please note that if you would like the Dining Plan with these rates, there is a special Annual Passholders package.

Book by 3/8/12.

Stay dates: 3/9/12-6/14/12. Get a substantial discount off regular "Rack" rates. Pricing and savings will vary by resort type and date. Use code RX2. Rates not available for all dates, room types and resorts. Minimum stay requirements and/or higher rates may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals.

For stays most nights from 3/9/12-3/31/12:

• Value Resorts $114 weekdays, $136 weekends
  • Other resorts available at varying rates

For stays most nights from 4/15/12-5/24/12:

• Value Resorts $86 weekdays, $102 weekends

For stays most nights from 5/28/12-6/14/12:

• Value Resorts $104 weekdays, $124 weekends

Please note that if you would like the Dining Plan with these rates, there is a special Annual Passholders package.

Book by 6/14/12.

About Booking

For phone bookings, you pay a deposit of one night's room rate plus tax. No change or cancellation fee will be charged if you make your modification more than 5 days before arrival. You can also book online through the Annual Passholder section of DisneyWorld.com, but for online bookings the change/cancellation deadline is 6 days and you have to pay in full if you book less than 45 days in advance. In other words, there's a real incentive to book by phone!

You can book up to three rooms per adult Annual Pass. You can book with a valid Annual Pass, an exchange voucher or with the intent to purchase an Annual Pass, as long as you present a valid Annual Pass or exchange voucher upon check-in. Thanks to Small World Vacations for info.

To reserve a room with the Annual Passholder discount, call the Disney Reservations Center at (407) W-DISNEY or contact a

travel agent who specializes in Disney travel, and request the specific offer code.

http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html#ap

TA's get 50% off rack too. And CLIA TAs can sometimes do last minute DCLs for $25 pp per night. Remembering the days when I could get out of the house & go into a real office, plus travel cheap too, is almost enough incentive to write that check to CLIA and get back on the wagon... almost.

THanks Mo. Sorry Lou. I responded but ff doesn't like my posts today. Keeps saying "saving post" and I don't realize it didn't post until I click back to that window.

CLIA agencies usually get lower prices on cruises than non-CLIA agencies. For example CLIA last minute rates could sometimes be the $25 pp/per night but non-CLIA agents might pay $50 or $75. It isn't as easy to get TA rates these days either. Thirty years ago when I first started in the industry, we'd get so many offers from travel providers wanting our business that the fax would often be out of paper by lunchtime. Now you have to search for it and, for most, complete their training program/sales pre-requisites to qualify for discounts.

The Plaza Hotel in NYC is one that's still positively awesome. Rack rates might start at $800+ a night but if there's availability and you qualify a TA could stay for $89 a night. Boy, do i miss that one.

I wish we could fit in a resort, but would need two rooms which why we stay at the fort. But it may be worth it for free dining. I need to crunch some numbers...

We aren't going until next year, but I'd like to book a yr from our stay so I can start saving and paying off the reservation.

Favorite way for me to save is every time I go food shopping I add $25 to my budget and purchase a Disney gift card and can be used to pay for everything specially since you have a year to save if I just put that money in a separate account it would never make it to Disney

We aren't going until next year, but I'd like to book a yr from our stay so I can start saving and paying off the reservation.

They don't tend to release discounts terribly far in advance. However if you book early, you can always call back later when discounts are released to see if there are any you qualify for. If there are, you can get usually them applied to an existing reservation.

Favorite way for me to save is every time I go food shopping I add $25 to my budget and purchase a Disney gift card and can be used to pay for everything specially since you have a year to save if I just put that money in a separate account it would never make it to Disney

I do the exact same thing. :)

Actual rates for 2013 won't be released until some time in August of this year. At the same time AAA rates and packages will be assigned. You probably paid a VERY high deposit, because they have the rates at the highest possible for the next year, until they announce pricing.

I would just call Disney back in late August or early September and see if AAA rates are available.

I suggest that you transfer your reservation to a travel agent, and ask the travel agent to check for discounts.

There is no charge to you for this service, and a travel agent who knows how things work at Disney will know when to look for the discount codes. I have had much success with this. I was seldom able to find discounts on my own by calling Disney randomly.

TCD

We got an AP rate for our recent visit -- scored us an extra night at the fort.

Got an AAA discount for our upcoming Halloween visit -- saves us about $300 on two weeks.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I just saw this. Our TA got us both discounts.

I agree with TCD. Use a TA who is knowledgeable about Disney.