The YES program is the youth educational series run by Disney. At times during the year they do offer individual enrollment, otherwise I believe it is meant for homeschooling groups. We did a program on our last visit. It was at the Living Seas. We did get a reduced price on our tickets (significant) but there are restrictions as there is an expiration date on them. And it is limited, for example if one child is going to the program I don't think you can get, let's say, five more family members reduced tickets. I don't have a link but if you google it you should be able to find the info. I do know that they fill up quickly, especially since it has gotten more popular.

If I can find my info on it I would be happy to answer any questions for you.

Okay, I did just go find my info. We paid $843.35 for 5 3-day park hoppers. I think normally that would be over $1400. We were able to get 5 tickets as we had 3 kids doing the program.

Here is the link:

http://www.disneyyouth.com/individual-enrollment/

DD11 did the wild by nature program with Starla during our trip last halloween. They enjoyed it. We had no trouble purchasing 5 tickets even though only one child was enrolled in the program. Youth tickets aren't limited as it is for an immediate member of your travel party - you just have to purchase all at once and enter the names on the registration form - then specify who will be doing the program.

The tickets are a terriific value but are for a limited time frame - typically valid for 7 days before the date you specify arrival and 7 days after your departure date. The exception to this is that there's a 30 day maximum ticket window. YES tickets are also non-upgrade-able and non-refundable, though that varies on a case by case basis.

I'd suggest planning the class for the middle of your trip to be sure that a travel delay doesn't prevent you from participating. You'll also want to be sure to pick up tickets in advance b/c many of the programs meet before guest services at the park opens, making it impossible to print same-day tickets.

You just need to order all tickets for your party at the same time. I believe it's limited to 2 adults unless you have 3 or more children in the party. They do not have to be your children. They can be rentals. Mine is available... :rofl2:

Does any one know if you can participate in the programs without purchasing park tickets? We are currently annual passholders and wouldn't need tickets for this trip. Also, what is the cost of the classes themselves?

I am not sure how it works if you have an annual pass, but I do know that when we went during one of the Homeschool Days we purchased our tickets using that promotion. If we had wanted our children to take any additional Y.E.S programs the cost for those classes was $26 each. Looking at the upcoming October Homeschool Days the cost for additional Y.E.S classes is $28.

Does any one know if you can participate in the programs without purchasing park tickets? We are currently annual passholders and wouldn't need tickets for this trip. Also, what is the cost of the classes themselves?

Just sent you a PM with the e-mail address of the person I was in contact with when we went.

We participated in the YES program- individual class in Oct 2011. My son did the photography class at Epcot. He is a teenager so his answer to how the class was... "all right I guess"... :) Hard to generate enthusiasm when you are a teen, I guess!

We saved quite a bit of money on our tickets.

To correct what someone else on this thread posted, we could only buy 2 tickets in addition to my son's ticket. My parents had to purchase their tickets at the regular price. It would have been great if we had several kids with us on the trip, though.

I would plan my next vacation to coincide with the YES program in a heartbeat. The savings are incredible! I think the fact that Disney is willing to offer these types of programs to kids is fabulous.

If you only have one child with you then you can only order two adult tickets. You can order as many youth tickets as there are in your travel party though, even if only one of the children is taking a class. To get more than two adults, you need to have more than two children in your party but they do not all have to take a class to be counted. Their names all have to be listed, then you specify those doing a program.

YMMV but I was told by YES that it also possible to sign a child up for a second different class and order two additional adult or however many more child tickets you need for your immediate family on that new transaction. This came up b/c my niece & nephew had originally planned to stay with us & attend the physics but it filled while we were completing the registration. Since we hadn't included their tickets on our order I called and was told they could add them to it but it'd be easier if we found something else open that one of the kids - even my DD who was already enrolled - might enjoy and register again as a new transaction. Of course, the problem with doing this with only one child is that you could end up with an extra youth ticket negating any potential savings.

Kids are counted as kids up to age 18 for youth programs.

The YES tickets do not have names or ages on them. They are basically all the same. The difference is the price you pay. As of January, they also did not have finger scans for YES tickets just like they do not do fingers on many of the other non-upgrade-able/non-refundable convention/group tickets still being sold. That could well change at any moment though if it hasn't already...