There was more than one full moon over Gettysburg

If it takes forever then so be it!!!

We woke up Sunday morning and the Easter bunny had blessed the pixie camper with treats galore!!

The kiddo's got their basket and DH and Tink got theirs too! The Easter bunny ate mine but thats okay I think it can be forgiven!

1faf1b1c.jpg

5a5f0100.jpg

We were all hungry so I dug into the fridge and found some quick grub to eat

b82e7b9a.jpg

Of course there needed to be some relaxing done so DH & Tink took care of that!

6eb4509d.jpg

b2c7a4bf.jpg

I wanted to drive around the battlefields so we jumped in the truck to take a look see!!

We found Robinson Ave marker which had a nice view to go with it!

dfc4b97d.jpg

c8f15c4e.jpg

Later on we joined the fiends for some food & fun... great times were had I must say!

a4eb6a94.jpg

As you see someone has a big heart for the lil ones!!

b66b2846.jpg

some fiend hunt fun in the woods

20411b37.jpg

50544166.jpg

It was a great weekend and I do have some more pics to share but I am too tired to even think!! I know the pixie family had a great time and can't wait for the next GG!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While everyone else was packing their campers earlier in the week and heading to Gettysburg, we were still stressing over just getting ours back from the dealer following rodent repairs. Originally we'd planned to join the pixis for a few days without sewer over at GBR. Problem was, as of that Monday the insurance still didn't have a final bill and a check still needed to be sent before they'd let us pull it anywhere.

By the end of business Wednesday that was taken care of but my mom needed a lift to a drs appt at Hopkins and Starla was working Thursday so in the end it made more sense to wait until Friday morning to pick it up & drive it directly from the dealer about 20 mins east of Gettysburg to GH.

This was especially good for me b/c I didn't have to ride in the tow vehicle. I like that - a lot. I'd make some wimpy excuse but hey, in reality that's just how I roll. :dogsnicker:

We pulled into GH to find Bill & dblr all set up and looking relaxed. It was a great pull-thru spot, sun shining & not a drop of mud in sight.

2012-04-09120116.jpg

2012-04-09092308.jpg

2012-04-09094404.jpg

2012-04-09094620.jpg

2012-04-09094330.jpg

2012-04-09092156.jpg

2012-04-09092114.jpg

I was starting to relax and I'd just slid out of the driver's seat. Then DH got out of the truck and asked for the keys to unhitch. Say whaaaaat??? Don't you have them? ruh-ro.

Sure enough, they'd taken our money and given me lots of paperwork but neglected to hand over the keys. We ended up leaving the TT hooked up all weekend and the doors unlocked. We were with our fiends, no biggie.

I went inside to call the dealer & ask wherefor art our keys might be. After some confusion they were located. Problem was, while I sat on hold waiting I realized, despite telling me how they managed to "save" my foam mattress topper from the trash, they never even moved the stuff on the bed. AS I put things back and reassembled the dinnette I discovered even more damage - holes in the dinette cushions, sofa, and even the mattress. Take it from me squirrels have no pity...

2012-04-06171959.jpg

2012-04-06171206.jpg

Then it happened. Still on hold about the keys, I moved the paper floor mats and discovered this:

2012-04-06171317.jpg

I was livid. As I'm telling the service guy about it, I randomly look up. Wait just a sec here. WTFort. There's an empty ring on my wall...

2012-04-06171342.jpg

Service guy says don't worry, email pics, they'll handle it. All I can think is that they had it for 7 weeks doing what little they did. How much of the season is this new issue going to eat up??

When I walked outside to find DH with Bill and dblr I was so angry I was ready to cry. Being with fiends helped. The knowlege that I'd be eating pie in a few hours didn't hurt either. Jerry & SWMBO rolled in, Beth came out of the dblr 5er, and eventually the Whips arrived. Life was looking much better indeed.

At the pie buffet I ate way too many huge fresh fried shrimp, leaving room for nowhere near enough pie. The rest of the family made up for my lack of dessert. We sped back to GH for the flashlight egg hunt but got stuck in traffic and arrived just in time to see them finishing up. That's got to be one of our goal's for next Easter. I've been informed by DD11 that she's missed it every year now. Those shrimp sure were good though...

Back at GH we sat with everyone for a little while then Starla & I made a run back home. In all the confusion getting out of the house we'd forgotten to put DH's meds in the truck. Starla's BF called during the drive to tell her there was a fire in our area. Turned out to be huge calling in trucks from York, PA to Baltimore, MD to help. Starla & I had to go right by there. We listened in all the way home on the scanner and once there marveled at the number of units that responded. Between the flames & the flashing lights, the sky was lit up for miles.

By the time we got back to GH everything was quiet. It was 2am. Walking the dogs, I stopped for a few minutes to talk to Bill's wife who can often be found near the campfire on her laptop. I told her she worked way too much and she assured me this time she was reading. I'm not a morning person so I savor the contented quiet of a campground late at night b/c there's no way I'll see a sunrise these days unless I stay up all night. It was nice to see someone else enjoying the late night quiet too.

Jes, the Robinson Ave view picture is beautiful! Could be a postcard.

Love the girls Micky/Minnie bunnies in their baskets.

The egg hunt looked fun!

Pam, if it makes you feel any better we pulled the boat out yesterday to clean it and those F ing squirrels chewed the backing off my front bow cushions! Furry little rats! :banghead:

You are all doing such a good job on this trip report, that I do not even know where to begin my comments.

I will just say great job on all of the photos. It is great to see a group of Fiends enjoying a holiday together.

Does anyone have a photo of this pie buffet that keeps getting mentioned? I know I am not the only one who is interested in that.

TCD

OMG, Having to see that hairy full moon! Where is the brain floss to get that mental picture out? lol. Bill, we had a great time and the trip home was uneventful (thank goodness) despite the winds. We did find a little damage on the trailer, but nothing that will stop us from camping again. I just have one request for next time, can we not put in a double or triple order for wind?

Jes, the Robinson Ave view picture is beautiful! Could be a postcard.

Love the girls Micky/Minnie bunnies in their baskets.

The egg hunt looked fun!

Pam, if it makes you feel any better we pulled the boat out yesterday to clean it and those F ing squirrels chewed the backing off my front bow cushions! Furry little rats! :banghead:

Thanks!!! :)

The full moon topic is a good start or how my DH suggested that Pam park near his firehouse when going to a baseball game in baltimore and ended up on THE BLOCK!! LOL

all I gotta say is beads, boobs, pat down, and flashing lights!! LOL

:rofl2: That was on Saturday. Yup, we had a very busy weekend.

Saturday morning, DD11 raced out of bed to enjoy some time with Bill's DD before Bill packed the kid up and sent her away. The fiends had an abundance of boys but not too many girls to play with. Both girls enjoyed playing with the eldest Whip princess & our favorite pair of pixi girls - of course all the boys were lots of fun too!

2012-04-06165547.jpg

2012-04-09092347.jpg

2012-04-09093840.jpg

2012-04-09093909.jpg

At one point both Bill's boys were fighting over this slimy looking piece of green wood they found hidden away. hehehe I guess they thought we needed more for the fire.

2012-04-06165611.jpg

I spent more time than I would have liked inside putting the lasagna together for the pot luck. I'd meant to do it at home before we left but didn't have the TT fridge back to keep it fresh. Was so glad that Jess & her girls popped in to keep me company for a bit.

I also realized on this trip that cooking with gas is something I have yet to master. I had to borrow Jess' grill-man to light my oven both days. It must have looked a lil suspicious b/c while we were standing there talking about tiny TT ovens the pixi boy showed up to find out what we were doing for his mom.

Okay, okay, so I admit it. The man cooks. by choice. and she doesn't even have to... gasp... clean the grill afterwards. who wouldn't like that? :raspberry:

Coming up next Hustler beads, boobs, butts, balls, pat downs, & drive bys...

Very good question Carol.

I imagined a lot of uses for it when I saw it but I missed the actual disposition of the artifact :mad-scientist: .

Let's ask Bill... :dogsnicker:

It was opening week for the Orioles. Every year they give away 10,000 tickets (i think that's what i read) to members of school safety patrols. As a safety, DD11 wasn't about to miss this opportunity so we missed Saturday's pot-luck instead and drove into Baltimore.

When I was holding hostage talking to the grillman during the oven lighting ceremony, he suggested I park in the parking garage next to his fire station. I was assured lots of perps baseball fans parked there & it'd be safer than one of those little street lots. In fact, grillman told me how they'd often move the chairs outside when the game was letting out to people watch as the crowds went by in front. I assumed he meant tourists in bb jerseys and ball caps.

What those firemen were really watching became evident shortly after I picked up DD11's friend who she doesn't get to see often and drove the girls into the city. After 3 trips around the block we managed to get into one of the few remmaining spots in the aforementioned parking garage and handed the unsavory looking character at the ticket dispenser some cash in exchange for a ticket. These places always remind me of the saying "you pays your money, you takes your chances". All I could do was hope the guy who took my money really worked for the garage and the ticket he handed me would indeed get us back out.

We locked the van and hopped onto the elevator and in no time we found ourselves walking along the street headed for Camden Yards. In even less time, the girls spotted some local wildlife. An observant mom I can always recognize these extra enrichment opportunities when they present themselves and this was no exception. It came when DD11 looked across the street and jabbed her elbow in her BFF's ribs. I could see it all in their eyes. Check that out and OMG they were saying thru hidden giggles.

I think they thought mom didn't notice the hooker wearing a black tube top for a dress that barely covered huge boobs and a full moon the size of cleveland accompanied by her man heading away from the hotel entrance & across the street into... get ready for it... a GENTLEMAN'S CLUB. uh-huh. Grillman neglected to mention that tiny detail. Those firemen are doing some sightseeing all right and I now know what sights they're seeing.

Snickering, the girls headed onward down the street with mom in tow. The next rib-jab came from the BFF. Just ahead of us was a shirtless muscular native showing off on top of a street cart. I'm not sure what he was selling, all I knew is we weren't buying.

Safe - or so I thought - at the corner we waited for the light to cross the street... don't walk... don't walk... don't walk... hustler van... don't walk... wait a sec... hustler van?? and he's slowing down, handing something out the window to the girls... BEADS! Out of the clear blue this guy driving a van with a strip club wrap picks us to hand mardigra beads to. DD11 gives them to her friend. Later, we'd even get stuck on the block in front of the Hustler Club so they could get a closer look. Geez, I can't wait to talk to this young lady's single dad & grandmom from our small town after she explains where these came from.

Another half block of closed off streets and we're ignoring the scroungy looking men trying to buy our tickets and the slightly less scroungy dudes trying to sell us tickets and we're inside the gate. whew. what a relief.

except... I'm afraid of heights and guess where our seats were? the nosebleed section makes it sound too tame. These babies were just four rows from the very top with a view straight down. gulp. The girls were enjoying it but we were literally on almost the same level as the lights and they were blinding.

2012-04-07195420.jpg

At the end of the fifth inning we got up to buy some $6.00 hot dogs. Going back to our seats I just couldn't make myself climb back up there again so this nice attendant let me sit in the empty handicap seat with the rail in front and the girls sat in front of that. Doesn't this seat look much better?

2012-04-07195459.jpg

2012-04-07212330.jpg

The O's were winning. So much so, that by the 7th inning I guess they thought they could spare a few balls.

2012-04-07214052.jpg

Watching all those balls fly into the stands below us was killing the girls. They were sure if we'd just sat lower they'd have caught one. It was then that a foul ball landed in the aisle in front of them. I'd told them that even if we were lucky enough to have a ball hit at us it'd be likely some taller man would grab it over their heads anyway. Imagine our surprise when the ball landed on the floor in front of empty seats. Now it was my turn to giggle. If I could have elbowed the attendant in the ribs at the stunned looks on their faces preventing them from moving quickly enough I probably would have.

Needless to say, a tall man did get the ball - one a dozen seats down the row who moved faster than they did. We bought our balls. Pretty metallic pink & silver girly-looking balls at the souvie stand after the game. :rofl2:

Leaving the game, we caught glimpses of some of the other wildlife our city has to offer. Several people begging with handwritten signs. One was a 20-ish girl who caught the attention of 4 college age boys walking beside us. They made some comment as they walked by her. She took offense and came running back at them yelling something about her gynocologist. yup. you heard it here first. from the mom with the two young impressionable girls that these college guys hid behind like little kids circle around a momma's skirts in a game of tag. I think the young lady scared them. They apologized to us for the language in front of the girls then decided it'd be best if they got off the street and headed for... you guessed it... the gentleman's club. :rofl2:

Walking past the fire station we did indeed see the grillman's co-workers sitting out in their chairs - even a couch IIRC tho I might have imagined it by that point - watching... well... something. :hah:

Got back to the van and headed towards the highway out of town only to discover the road was closed. No problem, we grew up in the city. I know where that road went, we'll just take a quick detour... past the block. oops. This should have gone much better.

It's really only a small block these days, not like it used to be back in the day. You'd think you could drive past it & make that left turn to take you to the 83 ramp in under 2 minutes with no problems. except. you. couldn't. As soon as I cleared the first light traffic stopped. We found ourselves sitting directly in front of the Hustler Club. Oh and a fine looking building it was too! What an ed-u-ma-cational field trip this was turning out to be.

More giggling & elbows to the ribs coming from the back prompted me to get the fort outa there. I was in the left turn lane where I needed to be. Problem was, around the corner 4 cars with lights a flashin were blocking the road. But wait. look there. I can go left & squeeze around into the far right lane and slip right by them. piece of cake. :clint:

well I would have been if those lights were just for display. Instead, they were blocking the road b/c there was a tall dude with long dreadlocks enjoyiong a disco lighted pat-down on the curb. It was hospitality like they can only do in the land of natty-boh and O's games alright hon and we got a birdseye view as they like to say. :jumpforjoy

I still haven't heard from the BFF's dad or grandmom but thankfully, the rest of the evening was uneventful at least. We arrived back at GH in time for DD11 to hop into bed. Walking the dogs, I again enjoyed the late night quiet. There were a few people out preparing for the bunny's arrival in the morning. I chatted for a few minutes with the mom from the big 5er TH without realizing the fiends had met them and then went in to prepare for the bunny's arrival at our TT.