There was more than one full moon over Gettysburg

Since it has not been started yet, I will take the time to "expose" what fiendishly things we did this weekend. I figure it will be easier to combine our reports since I personally am having some memory problems as the days progressed.

Thursday the kids had the day off, but Mom had a half day in service at school. So the kids and I packed the camper, ran some last minute errands, hooked up and patiently waited for mom to get home.

CopyofIMG_1140.jpg

When she arrived home we were pulling out at 2pm. We arrived at 6 set up camp, cooked dinner, popped a few cold ones and sat around the campfire

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

We turned in early with anxious anticipation of the fiends arriving tommorrow

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday we woke up did a Walmart and Grocery Store run and hurried back to the site to await the fiends. we had the perfect sites. They over looked the playground, which meant we could see the kids from the site and did not have to go sit with them when we were busy cooking, tending to the fire, or drinking.

IMG_0878.jpg

The also had the advantage of seeing the parade of campers arriving. That was interesting in itself.

Dblr pulled in followed by Pam and then JCJR. I had been conversing via FB with Whip and knew she was running late. The plan had been to go to the pie buffet, but when the Whips got there, it was running late and they were tired after their 5 hour trip turned into 9 hours. As Mr. Whip made a bee line for my beer cooler (even before he unhooked) I knew he had a bad drive. I asked Whip if they took their time to smell and pick the PA state flower;

3rd-Street-Improvement-Project-448x300.jpg

For those of you that don't know, Pennsylvania has only 2 seasons, winter and construction!

That is when I learned the first lesson of Gettysburg. Don't let Dave pull a trailer in a parking lot! I guess he cut it to close to a car and clipped it. Thankfully there was no damage to their new camper.

After we all ate and we set up we just sat around the campfire watched all the kids play nicely together, drank and bullshitted for a while.

I'm in!

I too seem to suffer some memory loss when on vacation. I will chalk it up to age. ;)

When I was a kid living in NY, we would make a trip to Florida for a month, every year. My father always called PA the "armpit of the United States" Either the roads were horrible and full of potholes, or they were doing road work to fix the potholes!

Can't wait to see who exposed themselves!

Saturday morning I woke up and my head felt a "little" cloudy after spending some good times around the campfire the night before. After breakfast, I realized that the supplies were critically low and had to make a beer and spirits run. Mr. Whip needed some items also he tagged along for the ride. While we were gone the kids dyed some eggs and the other adults goofed off. It is always fun watching someone who is not from PA ask where the nips or liquor is at the beer distributors. PA has state stores to control the wine and liquor sales. After Mr. Whip got some confused looks from the clerk, he figured it out.

When we got back, Whipperwhirl broke out her ballons and started to make hats for the kids.

CopyofIMG_1149.jpg

And then started to make name tag hats for the adults.

CopyofIMG_1143.jpg

CopyofIMG_1144.jpg

Notice she gave her hubby a penis head, I wonder what she really thinks of him.

As we were sitting around watching other show up, a family pulling a 40' toy hauler showed up. It still had the dealer tags on it and they seemed to be having a heck of a time getting it into the site, so DBLR went down to offer assistance. After a short period, DBLR came back and asked if he should ask the family if they wanted to join us for dinner since it was late and they were trying to figure out what to do. The group replied absolutely, isn't that a fiend thing. Not only do we provide info and help with the Fort, but any other time we can. We put the food out and had a fiendishly good time.

CopyofIMG_1145.jpg

After our bellys were stuffed and the kids were played out, we did what any other good fiend would do, sat around the fire and drank. This is where the lessons were learned. After a few snarky juices, yes they do sneak up on you, Mrs. DBLR proceed to yell at DBLR about how he almost had to sleep on the couch because of all of the farting he was doing in bed. Well the question was asked to Mrs. DBLR for clarification and she said the he stunk in bed!

After a few more drinks, it was told to me that I need to tighten my belt, because my crack was showing, to which I promptly got up and walked away to get another beer with my hairy white ass purposely hanging out.

Whoa, no pictures of Bills hairy white ass?!

In the words of TCD: Fail! <_<

Whip, if I ever get to meet up with you, I must have a penis hat....a BIG one!!!

Looks like a good time!

:rofl2: you all are killing me and Bill your in trouble that is not a good pic of me there!!! But he is right we did have a blast!!

Some fiends enjoyed the tasteless crackers that Pam got from Giant for free!! Guess we know why they were free now!!

1334154785.jpg

Here is a pic of Whip making name tags with some help

1334154582.jpg

Yes DH got one too and was very happy until it popped and he thought someone took a shot at him!! :hah:

1334154504.jpg

Whip showed her talent and even taught the lil ones to make some things!! Thanks Whip now my kids want balloons!! :wave1:

70205a99.jpg

839fe2a1.jpg

74513ab5.jpg

We can't forget we had a lil whip (DD) make rissa some fairy wings.. which she loved

70c1a2fe.jpg

Looks like everyone had a great time. Isn't it nice when Fiends get together, it's like you have know each other your whole life. It doesn't matter where you go, there is always a good time and a lot of food.

It was the fiendish thing to do invite people over - we are so clickly aren't we LOL

I’m not good at posting TR's - Ill just give our story in one clip if that’s OK.

14ihlhy.jpg

All week long leading up to this trip we had been working feverishly to get our house staged for the market. I took the entire week off from work just so I could get it done and still have time to camp with the fiends. Thursday morning we woke up to find out we had two sick kiddos and a still unpacked camper. How were we ever going to make it out of the house??? Was I nuts to drive 6 hours for a long weekend? I started to think about not going. But then I remembered the pie buffet. It was the pie buffet that kept me motivated - sick kids or not - we were going. I tease . . . it wasn’t the pie buffet - my son was so looking forward to camping with Bills kids again - there was no way I was going to let him down.

sdckz4.jpg

My son - out of the kids we have - has shown the most concern about hitting the road full time - I needed to show him that he will still have friends, he will still have wonderful memories - even if we are living in a camper instead of a house.

I needed to put aside all my anxiety about not being packed "right" and start to chucking things into the camper. Get in the suburban and go. The fiends were not going to be inspecting our camper I told myself - so long as we showed up - they would be happy to see us. We got out of the house by 8 am which was a huge accomplishment. About 2 hours into the ride we realized my littlest one wasn't sick - she was finally cutting the tooth she had been working on. She was miserable. We ended up stopping several times instead of just a few.

29p57wl.jpg

At one of those stops - we were in a minor accident with the trailer. Thankfully the nice owner of the car we hit while she was sitting in it - didn’t see the need to call in the cops - we swapped info - I took copious pictures and we were on our way again. My husband takes a great deal of pride in the fact he hasn't been in a car accident in 25+ years - so this was a pretty devastating blow to his ego.

11bi70m.jpg

We hit traffic - big time - at least an hour of just being parked - which irritated an already tense situation. A 6 hour trip turned into 10 long hours.

We brought our dog (Gypsy) with us on this trip - her first time camping - at some point she ate the sewer line - lesson learned - this dog will truly eat ANYTHING. Overall she did Ok though - didn’t eat any other dogs or bark badly - I have had concern about taking her on the road with us full time - I dont want to be one of those families who rehomes a pet for their convienence - I was encouraged by her behavior on this trip - I think she will be just fine.

16bivx4.jpg

When we got there I realized that my lack of prepacking was going to bite me in the ass - everything was loose in the camper - clothing, food, bedding - there was no way to even walk around. My little one was a mess - it took me several hours of cleaning up the interior of the camper and soothing the baby - all the while I could hear Fiends and my DH right outside the canvas - yucking it up - by the time I got outside the only people left were my DH and Bill (well - I’m not sure Bill was really there).

Saturday was much more relaxing - But - has no one mentioned the wind yet? Holy crap - what is it with PA? My kids got windburn - I didn’t even know that was possible. Mudbog turned into windfest all weekend long. Surprisingly we slept comfortable in our little hybrid trailer - the heat worked well and we were all comfortable.

Somehow the Easter Bunny managed to visit our camper - left all kinds of treats for the kids. The campground had an organized hunt for the young ones - we had a fiend hunt in the afternoon - and now my son is addicted to hunting Easter Eggs - he keeps coming up with plans for Egg hunts for any time of the year. He had already reloaded all the eggs we collected on our trip with pieces of paper and bits from around the house so that we can hunt for eggs any time of the year. Cute . . .

1z14db7.jpg

The Easter Bunny went for Shock and awe this year - fully knowing that the kids would never eat those giant chocolate bunnies.

16iwpr4.jpg

We hooked up our movie screen for some Easter movies - worked out well. Here is a link for the screen we own on Amazon because some had expressed interest:

http://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-120-Inch-Portable-Outdoor/dp/B0033SC2SE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334231205&sr=8-1

4hr19c.jpg

At some point my son lost his winter coat and his DS - with a 10 hour ride ahead of us I wasn’t worried about the winter coat. I owe Pam's beautiful girl a huge favor for finding it for us - in the sand pit. Of course no one has any idea how it got there.

The ride home on Monday was much more relaxed. We took the road through the battlefield and that was nice. We plan on going back once the house is sold. So much history - hard to suck it all in during a short trip. We stopped for a long lunch and my baby was way more comfortable now that the little tooth had come through.

Tonight - we are working on tooth number two though - fun, fun.

Good trip, good times, good food - Fiends rock and we had a way better time hanging out with all of you than we would have had at home - I’m grateful to you for inviting us.

looks like you guys had a great time. whip definitely has a little talent there. :) good to hear you decided to play my mothers favorite game while camping --- "ask your neighbor" lol

wish we could of been there. okay--we need more info....and pics....