Cinderella's Royal Table- Breakfast

We were celebrating DD’s 16th birthday on our trip, so we decided to visit Cinderella’s Royal Table to celebrate. After all, even teens think it’s cool to eat in the castle. I hadn't eaten there in a really long time, so I was excited too. We wanted to take advantage of shorter lines in the early morning, so we made an ADR for 10:20. It’s an expensive meal, but that way it would also double as lunch. I was worried that we would have a long wait, since I’d heard that CRT can get backed up, but that’s not what we experienced. We arrived at 10:10, checked in, and got in line to meet Cindy. There were about 5 families in front of us, but the wait wasn’t long. They called our name while in line, so once we got pictures, it was time to head up the stairs to the dining room.

IMG_6242.jpg

Once seated, they bring you some pastries and menus. I should have taken a picture of both because there was more on the menu than I had read on other sites. From memory, it’s a traditional breakfast (potatoes, eggs, bacon, and sausage), healthy breakfast, filet and eggs, French toast, and there might have been a few others. The key here is that this place is all you can eat even though it looks fancy, so ask for whatever you want and request seconds if you want them. My family decided combine the traditional breakfast and filet and eggs. They brought us each a pretty plate and then a platter of bacon. Yay!

IMG_1245.jpg

The food was good. The potatoes were particularly outstanding. The only thing I dislike is the precooked Disney bacon that seems to be everywhere on property. If you’ve eaten breakfast at Trail’s End, you know the stuff. It’s not that it’s terrible; it’s just not the real, yummy, think, crispy bacon that I love. Even so, the steak was good (also not stellar), and we certainly had plenty to eat and enjoy. During this time, the princesses were announced and made their rounds. There was also a wish ceremony, and every kid received a wishing star and a wand or sword. Who decided to give my son a sword during a meal? Not me! Luckily, we were able to distract him with bacon and beautiful princesses.

IMG_6251.jpg

Prior to the meal, I preordered DD a special birthday dessert. One complaint I have is that the waiter referred to us having ordered something special for later when we sat down. Even though she didn’t know what it was, she was expecting something from that point on. It was noted on our ticket, so I already knew they hadn’t forgotten, and I wish he would have kept it a secret or been more discrete, but oh well. So what did I order? It was the glass slipper dessert. It's a white chocolate slipper with chocolate mousse on a cake. In case you’re wondering, I think it was $12-14.

IMG_1247.jpg

I’ve heard that many people feel rushed at this restaurant, and they definitely turn over tables fairly quickly. That said, we were one of the last breakfast seatings, and even though the place was almost empty when we left, especially because we ate dessert, the wait staff was great. They were even talking to us about the dream suite and brought DD a photo album of it when she showed interest. So I didn’t get the “get out now” feeling at all.

Was it a romantic meal in the castle? No, but that wasn’t why we were going. It won’t be an every trip thing, but it was a nice treat. I still remember eating in the castle with my dad when I was a kid, and we really enjoyed the experience.

• 3 months later...

I just searched for this topic and came upon this great review.

Good job Kelly!

Hey. It seems like I say that all the time. (My DW is also named Kelly)

A couple of questions for all my fellow fiends:

1. Our reservation is at 0805 and the park does not open until 0900.

How early will they let us through the gates?

I would love to get some early morning pics going up Main Street without the massive crowds.

2. This meal will be after we leave the Fort and are staying at BLT for the second leg of our trip.

Will we be able to take Lou's favorite mode of transportation (monorail) that early in the morning?

I think I remember it only running one hour before park opening.

If not, no big deal, we can just take the walkway.

Thanks in advance for the help!

It makes the trip seem much closer when you are making ADRs!