The Magic, The Memories, and You! Summer Show Begins May 25

From the Disney Parks Blog...

The Magic, The Memories, and You! Summer Show Begins May 25 At Magic Kingdom Park

posted on April 25th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Earlier this year, my fellow Disney Parks Blog author, Shawn Slater hinted that changes were coming to “The Magic, The Memories, and You!” nighttime show at Magic Kingdom Park. Today, we’re happy to announce that the summer version of this show will begin May 25.

Here’s a sneak peek at one new scene that will appear in the show, in which Cinderella Castle turns into a giant sandcastle.

cas118942SMALL.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/04/the-magic-the-memories-and-you-summer-show-begins-may-25-at-magic-kingdom-park/

It's my pleasure, TCD! I figure I'm obsessively trolling for information anyway, might as well share with my Fiends! :D

Gotta say this show really surprised me at how cool it was and it definitely seems smart for them to keep updating it. I'd imagine now that they have the basics of the overlay mapped out and all the equpment in place, creating new ones isn't very difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I heard somewhere that Phineas and Ferb were going to be a part of this but for the life of me I can't find it now. I can hear it now....."Mommmm! Phineas and Ferb turned Cinderella's Castle into a sand sculpture!"

You heard right. Starting later this month they will be involved with the show.

As cool as some of the pics are, I imagine it is something that needs to be seen in person to be truly appreciated.

That is correct.

You'll enjoy it, I feel that it's a must see.

• 3 weeks later...

From the Disney Parks blog...

‘The Magic, The Memories and You!’ celebrates summer at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom Parks

posted on May 24th, 2012 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

They say, “Time flies when you’re having fun!”

Well, I can tell you that working with the Creative Entertainment team at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is an absolute blast! I can hardly believe it’s Memorial Day weekend already. That means summer is here, and it’s time for another update to our award-winning projection show, “The Magic, The Memories and You!

“The Magic, The Memories and You!” was introduced early last year as part of our “Let the Memories Begin” campaign. It takes place nightly, magically transforming the facades of “it’s a small world” at Disneyland park and Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park and incorporating Disney PhotoPass images of our guests that day making memories. Throughout the year, the creative team has introduced various seasonal enhancements to the show, and for the sequence being added to the show this summer, they’ve really outdone themselves!

“Producers storyboarded the show as if it were a short animated film,” explains Disneyland Resort Creative Director Alan Bruun. “They weaved music, story, photography, video and animation into a new kind of nighttime entertainment.”

cas118943SMALL.jpg

cas228943SMALL.jpg

cas338943SMALL.jpg

cas668943THUMB.jpg

cas448943THUMB.jpg

cas558943SMALL.jpg

During the new sequence, “it’s a small world” becomes everything from a sandcastle to an ancient, vine-covered ruin. Cinderella Castle undergoes similar transformations, “dancing” along to the beat at one point in the show and becoming finger-painted in the style of artist Peter Max during another.

goo668948SMALL.jpg

Popular Disney characters show up along the way, too. Look for Goofy surfing and water-skiing across the facades, Timon and Pumbaa singing “Hakuna Matata,” and Ariel and Sebastian’s “hot crustacean band” jamming under the sea. There’s even a cameo appearance by the ultimate boys of summer, Phineas and Ferb.

The new sequence becomes part of “The Magic, The Memories and You!” on May 25, along with many of the most popular, continuing segments of the show. In fact, fans of the “romance” enhancement added in February will be pleased to know it’s slated to continue running throughout the summer, as well.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/the-magic-the-memories-and-you-celebrates-summer-at-disneyland-and-magic-kingdom-parks/