Let's Talk Smart Phone Apps For WDW

I tried a search to find a thread on smart phone apps for WDW. I know we have discussed it before but I am being lazy about searching. I want to know what apps we all use to make our visits easier.

I have recently purchased a touring plans subscription and downloaded their app. I also have the non-subscription version of Undercover Tourist. I am just looking to see what everyone has (including those listed) and why you do or don't like them.

Just got my first Iphone. My daughter recommended the Undercover Tourist app. Neither one of us have used it at WDW but we both enjoy checking out wait times and restaurants/menus. I have the official Disney Parks app by Verison; but, part of it isn't available until you are actually in the parks. When I click on a specific park, it says "Thank you for using Disney Parks Mobile Magic. Extended In-Park information will be unlocked when you visit this Disney Theme Park" It has maps; but, they are not the easiest to read on the small screen.

Love undercover tourist. I like the format especially. How do you plan to use it? The wait times, ride information and restaurant listings are essentials. It has plenty more features, but those are the ones we used the most and were simple enough not to have too many click thrus or click aways so you don't have to say, "stop, wait a second" nearly as much.

Big fan of the Touring Plans Lines app here. We've used it the past 2 years and found it to be very accurate.

I agree with Monique the Touringplans app called WDW Lines is great and doesn't run down your battery. Checkout their website, touringplans.com.

That is great to hear. My wife and I both can access it on our smart phones with just one account. I follow their park recommendations and I am telling you they nail the crowds pretty darn well and their time estimates are much better than the ones posted at the rides. I love setting the timer to report wait times. Gives you something to help with the wait and tells you exactly how long you waited.

I don't use ANY Disney Smart Phone Apps. Every once in awhile I get in a mood and check in on FB or Gowalla, but we have such a casual way we tour the parks, that it just doesn't matter to us!

This next trip I am taking the casual approach, always done them commando style. Having said that I think knowing what park has the worst crowds that day can only make things more relaxed.

... I follow their park recommendations and I am telling you they nail the crowds pretty darn well and their time estimates are much better than the ones posted at the rides. I love setting the timer to report wait times. Gives you something to help with the wait and tells you exactly how long you waited.

Ditto!

And for us, the app actually helps us tour the parks in a really casual, relaxed way, and still avoid waiting in long lines (we generally will wait about 20 mins tops for anything - except maybe TSM)

I used to scour the park hours months in advance and plan out every single day of our trip.

Now I just get a ballpark idea of what's open when (mostly because we like the late night EMH) and then we generally just check the app while we're there to decide what to do. That usually happens over coffee while sitting in lounge chairs at our campsite. :)

Ditto!

And for us, the app actually helps us tour the parks in a really casual, relaxed way, and still avoid waiting in long lines (we generally will wait about 20 mins tops for anything - except maybe TSM)

I used to scour the park hours months in advance and plan out every single day of our trip.

I was scouring park hours trying to figure out my dining plans when I thought it would be a good idea to go ahead and get touring plans. completely changed my thinking and a few of my park days.

Which led me to posting this thread to see what else was out there....and help other's find something they like.

Edited by Nicki aka Rebelstand

I don't think anyone's mentioned Disney's Mobile Magic app yet.

http://disneyparksmo...om/mobilemagic/

It's now free (they originally charged for it) and it also now supposedly includes wait times.

I haven't used it yet, but maybe someone here has and can give an opinion.

I still feel like we don't need any app to enjoy the parks the way we do.

But the twins have been using the Mobile Magic app since February.

So far, the information on it has been accurate. With the new Fastpass enforcement, we have to be more careful on our Fastpass timing, so it is helpful to know what the return times are on the Fastpasses being distributed at a certain time, or if the Fastpasses are gone for that attraction for the day.

TCD

The way we use it most while we're in the parks is just to cut down on backtracking. If we're in one part of a park and feel like doing something on the other side, we usually check to see what the current wait time is before we bother trekking over.

It's also good for checking show/parade times if you don't want to have to carry a times guide around with you.

Here I go again, checking the wait times from work. Soarin' is back down again. My daughter and her husband were stuck this morning on The Land boat trip through the hydroponic gardens. Living vicariously through an iphone app. There's something wrong here.