Lions and Tigers and FrIENDS....Oh My!

Oh, in case you didn't notice it, another funny thing in the queue for Star Tours is the robot scanning the luggage. There are some really funny things going on there. The only thing is that this is such an efficient ride, you rarely get a chance to stand in the queue and take it all in.

TCD

We come in through the Fast Pass/Handicap entrance. As many times as I've tried to take pics of that robot it is just too far away, moving too fast and too dark to get a good picture.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes it does, but it's totally out of control.

You're not helping my street cred with talk like that.

The prince has been waiting and watching for his princess.... Stef arrived today.... There's been a whole lot of :hah: HUGGING going on!!

Aiden is just such a cutie!! Will y'all be stopping in SC beofre taking him home? I would love to met him and see y'all again!

(Hoping this Jersey girl used all her "y'alls" correctly. I just sub out when my brain thinks "youse guys"!! LOL)

Unfortunately his Mom, Dad and little brother are missing him. He's been with us for a month and it's time to go back home to Virginia. So, no side trips to South Carolina this time.

Just saw the post about fire closing parts of I-4.

I thought I would post a couple of pictures from the Fort's canal area back by the group camping to show you just how low the water level is here.

We've been told by many of the CMs on the boats that they are pumping into the lake from the canals as fast as possible because the lake is getting very low. The result is that the canals are almost dried up.

DSCN2453-1.jpg

DSCN2455-1.jpg

DSCN2457-1.jpg

DSCN2459-1.jpg

wow. That is really low.

Not sure why b/c I hate to hike in the heat but I'd love to tie on my sneaks and go walk along the edge...

You and me should take a hike if we are ever there at the same time...

LOL not sure what your idea of hiking is but I can sure show you the closest parking spaces to all the mug-refill stations & good outlet stores...

still, all that newly uncovered creekbank does look tempting. I wonder if my cart would sink...

wow, does the canal by the four seasons cranes look that low also?

It's low, but not as bad as the others.

Here's a pictures of a tree that fell down and you can kind of see how low the water has gotten in that canal.

The pump at the end of the canal (behind the 300 loop) has been running daily moving water into the lake.

DSCN0294-1.jpg

For those of you needing a quick Fort fix....

They put this sign up in expectation of the large incoming crowd for Memorial weekend.

DSCN1124-1.jpg

Has anybody tried the online check in? Did it make things faster for you?

We have tried it a few times and it didn't really seem to make anything faster.

And here's the start of incoming weekend campers...

DSCN1119-1.jpg

It's been very hot and humid and some campers have been very inventive with their cooling methods

DSCN0495-1.jpg

A little closer. Looks like dryer venting hose works very well.

DSCN0494-1.jpg

And another

DSCN0496-1.jpg

A little closer (notice the turkey roaster pan underneath?)

DSCN0499-1.jpg

Down by the carriage rides there is a new bench waiting to be painted

DSCN0265-1.jpg

And here's a bike rack up by the Hoop-Dee-Do picture taking area.

The boxes have been recently painted

And look, there are now more tables across from the take-out area.

DSCN0267-1.jpg

We found this cute little trailer in the 2000 loop.

The storage box on the front is almost bigger than the trailer!

DSCN0278-1.jpg

Time for a play break.

Here's the Segway tour set up area

DSCN1115-1.jpg

DSCN1117-1.jpg

And here's the newest batch of Segway kamikaze drivers

DSCN1156-1.jpg

Somebody did a few modifications to their golf cart

DSCN1206-1.jpg

DSCN1203-1.jpg

Here's another interesting golf cart

DSCN1226-1.jpg

I think these are a recent addition across from Pioneer Hall.

DSCN1228-1.jpg

Time for a little more outdoor activities

DSCN0249-1.jpg

DSCN1164-1.jpg

DSCN1171-1.jpg

DSCN1149-1.jpg

Another couple of interesting finds around the Fort

DSCN0734-1-1.jpg

DSCN1212-1.jpg

The camping version of the doghouse.

You can invite the cat (err...I guess that a fox) to come a sit a spell for a cold one while you're chilling in the doghouse

DSCN0995-1.jpg

And here's some of my favorite places at the Fort

DSCN1114-1.jpg

DSCN1104-1.jpg

DSCN1110-1.jpg

Time to leave for Animal Kingdom...more later.

Thanks for the update Karla. Looks like central Florida needs rain pretty bad. I know I have been at WDW this time of year several years ago and they had all the water elements at the parks turned off due to drought. Is that going on now?

Can't say as we've seen anything like fountains or such turned off yet.

Maybe they are doing more conservation behind the scenes?

And as usual, an advisory has been issued that parking is restricted to guests staying there or those with a dining or recreation reservation from the 25th through the 28th.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the Disney Popo is standing watch at the gates to keep those nasty, pool pavilion overtaking crowds out of the Fort :rofl3:

And Lou...you don't read TRs....must be your "nice" twin doing the post...you know, the one that brings little boys toy busses! :laugh:

And Lou...you don't read TRs....must be your "nice" twin doing the post...you know, the one that brings little boys toy busses!

I have to tell my nice twin to knock it off. He's giving me a good name.

BTW, I'm assuming that hubby gave you my phone numbers. Time's running short, isn't it?

I have to tell my nice twin to knock it off. He's giving me a good name.

BTW, I'm assuming that hubby gave you my phone numbers. Time's running short, isn't it?

Eh...still undecided...and we'll be back for Halloween....not worried...I know you won't be running away anytime soon! :D

Besides, I always have chocolate around :drool1: (and I know how to make a pretty good apple pie)

There's something happening at the Fort...it's turning ORANGE!

Just look at these cones and barrels all over the Outpost area.

We drove up to the Outpost area yesterday. Instead of being able to turn left at the stop sign by the golf cart parking area, you now proceed straight ahead and go the wrong way through check in lane #1. You can then continue on to exit the Fort, or, if you want to get back in, make the left turn towards the overflow lot just before you get to the guard shack.

Here's more pictures...sorry it was raining and they're not too good...but you will be able to get the idea of the changes.

Approaching the stop sign

DSCN9560.jpg

DSCN9564.jpg

Proceeding straight through the outpost gate #1 instead of turning left

DSCN9562.jpg

This is what you see if you look to the left at the stop sign. Notice the men in the green vests working on something?

DSCN9463.jpg

View of the "new" exit from the golf cart parking area.

DSCN9555.jpg

DSCN9469.jpg

DSCN9468.jpg

Looking backwards after you go through the gate

DSCN9435.jpg

DSCN9439.jpg

Going down the road toward the overflow lot...after you turn left just before the guard shack

DSCN9442.jpg

Notice the concrete truck to the right in this picture

DSCN9443.jpg

On the left is the parking area to go inside the registration area. Turn right and you go to the overflow area. Continue straight ahead to the stop sign by the buses loading area.

DSCN9444.jpg

At the stop sign by the bus loading area. Turn left to go into the outpost parking area. Go right to get to the overflow area or continue out the back gate. Directly in front of you would be the waiting area for buses. You can see the workmen in green vests on the right side of this picture behind the concrete barriers.

DSCN9450.jpg

Here's what the workmen were doing.

DSCN9464.jpg

Putting in a concrete sidewalk

DSCN9944a.jpg

But why all the traffic rerouting, orange barrels and concrete barriers to keep people out of part of the outpost parking area??

We were told that they are putting in a new drainage system. So this appears to be a semi-permanent situation and more work will be happening.

We will check today to see if anything has changed.

Unfortunately, we leave tomorrow and will not be able to follow up on further work.