Lions and Tigers and FrIENDS....Oh My!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes it does, but it's totally out of control.

You're not helping my street cred with talk like that.

The prince has been waiting and watching for his princess.... Stef arrived today.... There's been a whole lot of :hah: HUGGING going on!!

Come on down!!!

Except for the weekend, this is what the Fort looks like.....EMPTY!!

Wow! It seems like every time I'm there it's packed. Of course it will be when I get there on 5/27. Unfortunately, that's the soonest I can make it. I'll talk to my boss, but I don't think he's going to go for me taking 5 weeks off...

Of course, we all know he's there in his role as the official "Snarky Fiend Greeter"

Looks like I have a little competition. I think I can still take him.

It seems like every time I'm there it's packed. Of course it will be when I get there on 5/27.

5/27, that's when it starts getting busy at WDW in general.

Timing is everything.

A whole month at the Fort! You guys sure are lucky. Maybe in a few years (once our kids get out of college, lol) we'll have the time and money to spend a long vacation down there.

Love the animal pictures, especially the butterfly. :heart:

And a question for you and anyone..... What is it with turkeys these days? We've had them roaming our neighborhood lately, too. Never had them before. Deer, yes. Turkeys, no.

Have they been common "wild" animals at FW?

Have a good time and thanks for keeping us filled in on all the goings-on at the Fort. :thumbsup2:

A whole month at the Fort! You guys sure are lucky. Maybe in a few years (once our kids get out of college, lol) we'll have the time and money to spend a long vacation down there.

Love the animal pictures, especially the butterfly. :heart:

And a question for you and anyone..... What is it with turkeys these days? We've had them roaming our neighborhood lately, too. Never had them before. Deer, yes. Turkeys, no.

Have they been common "wild" animals at FW?

Have a good time and thanks for keeping us filled in on all the goings-on at the Fort. :thumbsup2:

Those turkeys are all over the Fort. I think there are fewer down towards the marina and Crockett's since there are more gatherings of people in those areas and more noise. But up by the entrance they are all over the place. I actually think there are more turkeys then deer. I wish they would bring back the peacocks (but maybe not their noise!) Peacocks are so much prettier than turkeys.

Time for another update.

Today we are all about PIRATES!! pirate.gif

WARNING!!! If you're not into cute pirates stopT.gif and go to a different thread.

As a surprise, we signed Aiden up for Disney's Pirates League. He loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates but mostly he loves Captain Jack.

We started our day early with Aiden in his Captain Jack costume...

DSCN0520-1.jpg

DSCN0525-1.jpg

We made our way to the Pirates League entrance in Adventureland...

DSCN0528-1.jpg

Here's the inside of Pirates League as Aiden waited patiently for his turn...

DSCN0536-1.jpg

DSCN0537-1.jpg

Pirate Goofy paid a visit to all the new little pirates...

DSCN0551-1.jpg

Finally it was Aiden's turn...here he is taking the Pirates Oath...

DSCN0570-1.jpg

DSCN0572-1.jpg

And the final product....

DSCN0573-1.jpg

DSCN0615-1.jpg

DSCN0622-1.jpg

Waiting to see the Captain Jack show across from POTC, Aiden found some little friends to play with...

DSCN0697-1.jpg

DSCN0703-1.jpg

DSCN0690-1.jpg

DSCN0689-1.jpg

Then it was time for Captain Jack (and Mac)...Aiden was so surprised when he got picked to go on stage with his idol - CAPTAIN JACK!!

DSCN0654-1.jpg

DSCN0656-1.jpg

DSCN0657-1.jpg

And all was good in the pirate world!!

See, I told you this was an entire post of nothing but mush and cuteness.

Next time we will go back to just "normal" stuff (whatever that is!).