Lions and Tigers and FrIENDS....Oh My!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes it does, but it's totally out of control.

You're not helping my street cred with talk like that.

The prince has been waiting and watching for his princess.... Stef arrived today.... There's been a whole lot of :hah: HUGGING going on!!

look at you.. posting to raise your count again.... :beathorse: :beathorse: :beathorse:

:rofl2: No dear, that would be you. :nahnah:

We are official admirers in the court of Prince Aiden and her Majesty, the Empress of Punch... :hugsmiley:

not all these young whippersnappers are old enough to remember decoder rings or finding decent prizes in the crackerjack box. :rofl2: :heart: :rofl2:

I just checked ebay out of curiosity and couldn't find a single ovaltine ring. My jaw dropped when i saw my brother's coveted Johnny Quest ring going for $150 now. Who'da thunk it???

We paid a visit to Disney Hollywood Studios

019-1.jpg

A stop for Indiana Jones. There were some technical difficulties today but you probably wouldn't notice them unless you'd seen the show as many times as we have.

DSCN1488-1.jpg

DSCN1493-1.jpg

DSCN1499-1.jpg

DSCN1517-1.jpg

DSCN1520-1.jpg

Have you ever seen this sign outside the entrance to Indiana Jones?

DSCN1095-1.jpg

Next time, try it and see what happens

DSCN1094-1.jpg

Next was Star Tours. We have only seen about six of the different adventures.

DSCN1083-1.jpg

DSCN1616-1.jpg

DSCN1615-1.jpg

While you’re standing in line have you ever watched the screen that shows “shadows” of people moving through the terminal?

Here are a few…there is actually some sort of story that it follows but not being a big Star Wars fan we couldn’t figure it all out. Each time it’s a little different.

DSCN1085-1.jpgDSCN1603-1.jpg

DSCN1601-1.jpgDSCN1604-1.jpg

Here is R2D2 getting hit by a lightning like blast

DSCN1607-1.jpg

But the ending of each segment is always the same

DSCN1086-1.jpgDSCN1610-1.jpg

This is the new Droid Factory.

Each one is about 3” tall (tiny) and there are six different plastic pieces for you to mix and match to make up a droid.

DSCN1092-1.jpg

Check out the girl with Yoda stuck to her back.

That’s the CM who helps you build the droid and then puts them in a plastic package for you.

DSCN1087-1-1.jpg

DSCN1088-1.jpg

A few more looks at the individual droid pieces

DSCN1621-1.jpg

Here are the six different parts you get to choose

DSCN1630-1.jpg

A close up of the parts

DSCN1617-1.jpg

The price? Definitely not cheap!

DSCN1632-1.jpg

Did you know your child can take Jedi training classes? Have you seen the show next to the Star Tours ride? Sign up is on a first come, first serve basis and spaces fill up quickly. On a slow day spaces are usually gone within an hour of park opening.

We got lucky and Aiden was in the first show of the afternoon. But it was so HOT outside and there is no shaded area for the performers or audience. The poor kids were just frying under the hot sun…not to mention that the actors (and the audience) were also melting.

Here’s the initial waiting and general instructions area.

DSCN1521-1.jpg

Aiden made a friend while waiting for everybody to get their robes. (Sorry, but some people are very particular of their children’s faces being put on the internet so I have fuzzed out all their faces.)

DSCN1528-1-1.jpg

A demonstration of how to bow to the Master Jedi

DSCN1530-1-1-1.jpg

A-Okay…everything is a GO!

DSCN1534-1.jpg

Taking your place on the stage

DSCN1541-1.jpg

The Master Jedi giving instruction on how to use your (training) light saber

DSCN1547-1-1.jpg

DSCN1559-1-1.jpg

Darth Vader arrives

DSCN1579-1.jpg

Each Jedi trainee gets a turn to fight Darth Vader

AidenDarth-1.jpg

AidenDarth3-1.jpg

AidenDarth2-1.jpg

The newest class of Jedi Trainees

AidenJedi-1.jpg

And then it was done and the Jedi Master left (to go cool off) and await his next group of trainees. It was fun and cute. Each child got a “certificate” for completing their training.

Of course you can’t be a newly trained Jedi without your own light saber.

Here’s Aiden building his.

DSCN1633-1.jpg

DSCN1637-1.jpg

DSCN1642-1.jpg

DSCN1644-1.jpg

We also visited Toy Story, Little Mermaid, Muppets 3D and Disney Junior Playhouse…but those are for another TR.

Before we left we headed to the Art of Animation building for the character meet and greet area.

stop.gifCutenessalert.jpg

DSCN1054-1.jpg

DSCN1070-1.jpg

Next, back to more Fort photos.

I have to say Aiden doesn't look to thrilled to be hugged by Pooh. It's almost a whatever look on his face..... he looks much happier with the mouse!

That's his...."WHAT? You want another picture?" and it's late in the day look. :grumpy2:

Karla, great TR!! Aiden is so cute. Him and Bella would get along great! We will be getting there on Wednesday evening. Is that the day you leave? Hopefully you are still there so the kids can play!

Stef, are you wearing the happy camper shirt? Does anyone at the fort know if these are still in stock? Sooo cute!

As many times as I have been to DHS, I never noticed the don't pull the rope sign.

If I had, I know I would have pulled it.

I will look for it on my next trip.

I love the photos of Aiden at the Jedi Training!

Oh, in case you didn't notice it, another funny thing in the queue for Star Tours is the robot scanning the luggage. There are some really funny things going on there. The only thing is that this is such an efficient ride, you rarely get a chance to stand in the queue and take it all in.

TCD

Karla, great TR!! Aiden is so cute. Him and Bella would get along great! We will be getting there on Wednesday evening. Is that the day you leave? Hopefully you are still there so the kids can play!

Stef, are you wearing the happy camper shirt? Does anyone at the fort know if these are still in stock? Sooo cute!

We leave the morning of Thursday, May 31st so maybe???

Yes, she's got on the Happy Camber shirt and yes, there are still some in the trading post.