Teardrop Gathering - Hornsby Hollow Campground, Ten Mile, TN

I got back on Sunday afternoon from a great weekend with my Tennessee Teardrop Friends. This weekend was their Spring gathering and also many of the chapters are celebrating the 15th Anniversary of the Tearjerkers organization. Most of the folks in the group have teardrop campers, but all are welcome, no matter WHAT you camp in. Just the love of camping is all that is required.

I left the house on Thursday morning for work with the T@B in tow, then left for the campground about 2 in the afternoon. Had an uneventful drive. Got there just after 7pm Eastern.

Arrived at my site and this was my view.

IMG_9170.jpg

IMG_9171.jpg

This campground does not take reservations, but since we were such a large group, they took a list of our names and blocked off sites for us.

I backed her in just like I wanted after several attempts. (Backing the trailer is NOT my favorite thing to do, but I get there eventually). There was no pushing the camper into place on this site as it was gravel, down a slope, and I didn't want to take the chance of it getting away from me.

Not much else to tell on Thursday, got mostly set up, and a BIG Thunderstorm rolled through, so had to quickly get the truck closed up and ducked under the awning to wait out the storm.

Decided to finish my setup on Friday morning, and called it a night!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as ya'll travel around, you should drop in on a gathering. Go to www.tearjerkers.net, join the forum, and look through the state/area chapters for posts on gatherings!! Teardroppers LOVE to show off their trailers, so just wander around and look!.

There are lots of gatherings in the NE this summer, I bet you can find one convenient to your travel schedule!!

(You do have to join to read the forums).

As much as ya'll travel around, you should drop in on a gathering. Go to www.tearjerkers.net, join the forum, and look through the state/area chapters for posts on gatherings!! Teardroppers LOVE to show off their trailers, so just wander around and look!.

There are lots of gatherings in the NE this summer, I bet you can find one convenient to your travel schedule!!

(You do have to join to read the forums).

I will check that out.

Thanks for reading everyone!!!

To continue on Friday, I took a break in my wandering to have a bite of lunch (Tunafish snack lunch), then went around some more for some more pictures.

IMG_9209.jpg

IMG_9210.jpg

IMG_9211.jpg

IMG_9212.jpg

IMG_9222.jpg

IMG_9231.jpg

IMG_9232.jpg

IMG_9233.jpg

IMG_9235.jpg

IMG_9236.jpg

IMG_9247.jpg

IMG_9256.jpg

IMG_9252.jpg

IMG_9270.jpg

IMG_9271.jpg

IMG_9273.jpg

IMG_9277.jpg

IMG_9278.jpg

IMG_9279.jpg

IMG_9281.jpg

IMG_9283.jpg

IMG_9293.jpg

IMG_9298.jpg

IMG_9303.jpg

Some of the pics are just me playing with my new zoom lens

IMG_9304.jpg

IMG_9306.jpg

A few more trailers

IMG_9319.jpg

IMG_9321.jpg

IMG_9322.jpg

IMG_9326.jpg

Picture limit!

After my stroll (and running my mouth with all the other folks), it was time for me to make some dinner. Then I realized I needed milk, so I made a run to the convenience store for a pint of milk (only needed 1/2 cup).

As I was returning so a few more teardrop folks checking into the campground

IMG_9331.jpg

The little blue teardrop was being towed by this!!

IMG_9334.jpg

Pic of the office and little store

IMG_9332.jpg

I use my zoom lens for all pictures taken while driving. It allows me to zoom past the dash/mirrors/widow edges.

Anyone know what the difference between a scamp and a casita?

While I enjoy camping solo, I miss being able to take pictures on the drive, especially in the mountains!! Some of the views are incredible!!!

While I enjoy camping solo, I miss being able to take pictures on the drive, especially in the mountains!! Some of the views are incredible!!!

Yeah but the number of pictures I have to take to get a decent picture on those drives is crazy. My last drive photo session had 229 pictures of which 75% were blurry or not framed well.. etc.

Yeah but the number of pictures I have to take to get a decent picture on those drives is crazy. My last drive photo session had 229 pictures of which 75% were blurry or not framed well.. etc.

That's the nice thing about digital!!! You can take LOTS and LOTS of pictures, so what if you throw most of them away.

I didn't think so either! Still don't want a smart car ...

I am thinking of getting a smart car or the new Scion to carry on the back of a Volvo tractor for when we retire, been reading up on that option!!!

After I finished dinner, it was time for the Friday night meet and greet. We all gathered under the pavilion. A few folks brought snacks and everybody brough their own drinks.

IMG_9341.jpg

IMG_9342.jpg

Lots of sweet four legged friends

IMG_9343.jpg

IMG_9345.jpg

IMG_9351.jpg

IMG_9353.jpg

IMG_9354.jpg

IMG_9356.jpg

IMG_9358.jpg

IMG_9359.jpg

IMG_9361.jpg