....camping.    We are getting the RV ready for our first trip of the season... (When I say "we" I mean "me"):welcome:

Our kick off trip is to Fort Wilderness !!  :wiz:

I have started a packing list, and am sure I am forgetting a few things. If you could help me build my list. I am sure it would be useful for all who come to this magical place...

TIA!!  :rofl2:

Cell phone

Charger

Camera/memory card

Tylenol and other meds

first aid kit

feminine hygiene products

soap

shampoo

deodorant

toothpaste

toothbrush

hairbrush

hairclips

chapstick

razor

hair dryer/flat iron

rain ponchos

lantern

flashlight

bug  Spray

charcoal

extension cord

hats

sunscreen

umbrella

rope

axe

trash bags

plates

cups

silverware(plastic)

Ziploc bags

cooler

paper

matches

extra batteries

knife

chairs

tablecloth/clips

outdoor rug

grill brush

power strip

bathing suit

swim towels

sweatshirt

sandals

sneakers

towels

sheets blankets

pillows

air mattresses/pump

Q tips

Tongs

Spatula

Lighter fluid

Ticket

Water bottle

Book beg

Kokanee

Bottle opener

Cigars

Lighter

Cutter

+/- to your liking.

We have a list saved on our computer. We each check off so we only forget 10% now compared to our disastrous first trip.

Play toys, leashes, and tie-outs for the dogs. We keep those and a supply of plastic bags in the TT as poop picker-uppers.

5-gal Water jug, sits outside and cuts down on trips in and out of the TT and the fridge for water bottle fill-ups.

And the most, most important... beer and Twizzlers. Some things I refuse to be without.

Q tips

Tongs

Spatula

Lighter fluid

Ticket

Water bottle

Book beg

Kokanee

Bottle opener

Cigars

Lighter

Cutter

+/- to your liking.

We have a list saved on our computer. We each check off so we only forget 10% now compared to our disastrous first trip.

Kokanee=beer?? Guess I could have looked it up myself......... :worship:

Just visualize your daily routines and pack according to that.  If you are going to do a lot of meal preparation, make a menu plan & pack accordingly.

Also, take a tip from this (as Donnie so succinctly puts it) OLD broad.  You do not need to bring 3 or 4 outfits for every day.  Nobody looks at you, nobody cares what you're wearing, nobody is going to see you again. Bring jeans, tee's, maybe one nice outfit if you plan on going to an upscale restaurant to dine.  If you are coming to Disney when the weather is typically warm, forget the jeans & just bring shorts & tees.  Make sure you have comfortable footwear.  In other words, you don't need to make a fashion statement - you just need to be comfortable.

Short list:

Food, snacks, beverages - utensils to match what you're eating/making.

Clothing - One outfit per day, per person; one nice outfit just in case; one day's extra outfit in case a change of clothing is needed due to spills, or getting drenched in the rain.  Two pairs of shoes per person - again in case one pair gets soaked and needs time to dry out.

Necessary medications/supplements per person. You might want to pre-pack these in day by day dispensers and leave the bottles at home.  Label dispensers by name.  Tylenol/Asprin/Excedrin (your preference).  Tums or Pepto Bismol - someone will have an upset stomach.  Immodium (someone will get the runs).  First aid kit.

Camping Equipment: If you even think you will need it, pack it. I don't know what time of year you are planning your trip so can't give you advice on heating/fan/ac.  This is where "thinking your way thru the day" really comes in handy.  Visualize yourselves hanging out at the campsite and what activities you might be doing.  Kids riding bikes, sitting around, playing games, kids drawing chalk pictures.  You know best what sort of things your family does.  Also visualize doing these things after dark and what kind of lighting you will need.

Start your detailed planning about 3 weeks ahead and start writing things down.  A week before you leave, take the jottings you have accumulated and compile them into a master list grouping like things together.  Really scrutinize it and again, think about your days.  You should be fine.

Most important, you are going to Disney!!!  Don't stress, don't worry.  Most of the things I've forgotten were things I could get along without.

HAVE FUN!!

Meant koozies, but somehow it didn't turn out that way.  :flush2:

I hate buying koozies, we get so many free at races and home shows, that it is a waste of money. We have 20 extra at the house. But we always seem to be without. Go figure.

Start your detailed planning about 3 weeks ahead

ONLY 3 WEEKS?:flush2:

Ok, so I have over planning down to a science and freak out if it's not over planned.  Printed note cards with things to pack... ie. food and park hours.

Special things we pack:

40lbs of dog food(for Disney Trips). 

sandal

bikes (if needed)

coffee machine (i have an addiction to mocha's)

wonder washer (for trips over a week long)

clothes line

largest/brightest purple underwear I can find(if going to FW)

Plan for at least one trip to Walmart/Target on the way for things that were forgotten.  Or in our case for a battery & battery charger when you have to buy a new battery, due to the "new" three year old battery going completely dead when 40 year old "converter" goes out during your second night on the road.

they guy we bought the TT from assured us that he'd put a "new" battery in it

When we got home to replace the converter, we found it was really a 35ish year old 3 amp battery charger..... jeez, any wonder the battery never had a charge

I think we just found a new way to identify fellow fiends from a distance:

1.  Buy big, purple underwear

2.  Put a clothesline on your site

3.  Hang underwear purchased in step 1 on clothesline set up in step 2  :flush2: :))

Most of the stuff you have listed above stays in the camper in our case, so really all we bring is clothes and liquor and MONEY!!!

That is definately the easiest to do - don't unpack except for what you have to. Just throw a few cloths, the kids (if you just have to bring them along), some food & Money (lots of money if its Disney) & a charge card for emergencies.

3.  Hang underwear purchased in step 1 on clothesline set up in step 2  :flush2: :))

What makes you think I'd have to go out and buy big underwear? I just need to wash the ones I have in the same load as my daughter's purple sweatshirt.

What makes you think I'd have to go out and buy big underwear? I just need to wash the ones I have in the same load as my daughter's purple sweatshirt.

More a personal thing as I don't own any purple under garments.... I'd need to stock up.  Although, I could wash some with my daughter's purple clothes... thanks for the idea!

3.  Hang underwear purchased in step 1 on clothesline set up in step 2  :rofl2: :rofl2:

That has been my MO

Most of the stuff you have listed above stays in the camper in our case, so really all we bring is clothes and liquor and MONEY!!!

That is definately the easiest to do - don't unpack except for what you have to. Just throw a few cloths, the kids (if you just have to bring them along), some food & Money (lots of money if its Disney) & a charge card for emergencies.

We live in our camper now, so we always travel with all of our belongings, but the aboe advice is good. We did this when we still had a sticks and bricks. We had two of everything and the only thing we "packed" was the clothes. This eliminates forgetting something. If you can do this, it is highley recommended. If you can leave the kids in there too, it helps as well..... ;)