Highland Games Tournament at Epcot - June 1 - July 8

From the Disney Parks blog...

Brave – The Highland Games Tournament Runs June 1-July 8 at Epcot

posted on May 25th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Last week, Disney Parks Blog Author Shawn Slater shared a look at the new Merida meet-and-greet experience that’s already begun at Magic Kingdom Park. But I’m happy to announce that Magic Kingdom is not the only one of the Disney Parks that’s getting in on the fun of the new Disney•Pixar film, “Brave.”

hgt403957SMALL.jpg

From June 1-July 8, Epcot will serve as the setting for Brave – The Highland Games Tournament, a kid-focused offering that will include games like Mini Caber Toss, Cake Toss, Haggis Flip and archery. There will also be a kids’ playground with free enhanced wireless – which is great for us parents who can’t share cute photos of their kids on Twitter and Facebook fast enough!

Brave – The Highland Games Tournament will take place on the Rose Walk (right where Future World blends into World Showcase), from 11 a.m.-7 p.m., daily. Park admission is required.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/brave-the-highland-games-tournament-runs-june-1-july-8-at-epcot/

I for one won't be carrying my laptop into the park. I guess this is great news for those of you with smart phones. (I refuse to pay the price.)

The dumb thing about this is that anyone who is a serious Twitter or Facebook user already has access to those sites via their phones.

So, you're right, Gwen, who is going to bring a laptop into a park?

We did see a young lady using her ipad to take photos on our last visit. My girls thought that was a hoot.

TCD

The dumb thing about this is that anyone who is a serious Twitter or Facebook user already has access to those sites via their phones.

So, you're right, Gwen, who is going to bring a laptop into a park?

We did see a young lady using her ipad to take photos on our last visit. My girls thought that was a hoot.

TCD

I mentioned this to the TCD twins and was informed that "enhanced wireless" would be of benefit to folks wanting to upload pics to Twitter and Facebook- I guess that is slow going with phone network access, but much faster with wifi. So, now you know.

TCD