I have never seen this show in person and hope it is still around in 2013!

I believe that due to it's popularity, it will be around for quite a while and will get better.

Most think that this is a new concept, but it's really not. Companies that do this have just taken an existing concept, video projection, and with the use of the latest in computer technology, have adapted it to work on irregular projection surfaces. The process called "3d video mapping.projection" is being done at many places around the world. DIsney is not breaking any new ground here.

I'm thinking they may even expand it's use to Spaceship earth or at Streets of America at Hollywood Studios.

I can also see it replacing that ancient relic, the EWP

A few dozen projectors could replace and mimic the Osborne Christmas lights. The savings in labor alone would be astronomical not to mention the limitless possibilities with the show.

• 2 months later...

From Chip and Co. Can't wait to see what fun stuff they have in store this time around.

img-photos-Castle-Sand-Castle-matte_v02-300x204.jpg

One of Disney’s most popular shows is being “The Magic, The Memories, and You!” is closing on September 3, 2012, in order to be revamped into a brand new show. The new show is scheduled to relaunch in time to ring in the holidays this year. The original ” The Magic, The Memories and You” has had minor tweaks and changes, including seasonal showcases to keep it current, since it began in early 2011.

The new show will be different in many ways, including a new name, but will still be using the same projection technology that has made the current version so popular.

http://www.chipandco.com/2012/08/magic-kingdoms-castle-show-the-magic-memories-you-facelift/