Art of Animation (DAAR) Opens Tomorrow

After about two years of construction, the first phase of DAAR finally opens to the general public tomorrow.

It's been open for trial runs and various select guests for the past few weeks.

Buses have been bringing in bus drivers to acquaint them with the resorts bus area.

There has been speculation about would it share buses with POP. It was never in doubt that it would not share buses during peak times. I don't know what they're doing at DTD, but all of the parks have a separate bus stop for DAAR buses.

There was also an open house for CMs last week. To me, it's the most heavily themed resort on property, even more so than POP and All-Stars.

It's a must see, must do resort.

This is where I originally made reservations for this vacation. Made them as soon as they opened them up for the resort. And then husband decided to purchase a travel trailer. I think we made the better investment with the funds but plan on going to visit at least once while we are there.

One thing to note for anyone wanting to see the finished product is that it ain't finished.

They are only opening the Nemo section.

The Cars, Lion King and Little Mermaid sections are still under construction.

From what I've seen, the Nemo section is the coolest. And the lobby and food building, which all of the sections will ultimately share, will be open with the Nemo section.

TCD