Archery Lessons at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

What's this, pray tell? The Fort getting some love on the Disney Parks blog...

Be Brave! Discover Your Inner Merida with an Archery Lesson at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on June 25th, 2012 by Gary Buchanan, Social Media Managing Editor

In 2012, the time-honored sport of archery has been right on target. Several silver-screen blockbusters have featured skilled archers (including the newest Disney•Pixar hit “Brave,” with Princess Merida). Add to that mix the archery competition at this year’s Olympic Games, and it seems the bow and arrow have made a big comeback.

Did you know that Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground offers archery lessons on its lengthy menu of recreational programs?

The resort has always been one of my favorite places to play. I’ve ridden horses, played shuffleboard, fished, jogged, watched a movie under the stars, roasted marshmallows, played some tennis and even taken a horse-drawn holiday sleigh ride through the 750-acre wooded resort. (Check out this page for a complete list of recreational offerings.)

But I’ve never tried my hand at archery, until now. Take a look at this short video, as I get to pretend the lush surroundings near Magic Kingdom Park are my very own Scottish forest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1wba-lFU0

The resort’s archery instructors introduce you to the sport, teaching you safety and the basic skills you need before letting you try to nail the bullseye yourself. And one of the best things? You won’t have to worry about Harris, Hubert or Hamish pocketing any pastries while you’re enjoying your lesson.

http://disneyparks.d...y-world-resort/

So crazy you posted this! I am callin today to hopefully sign Bella up for Saturday's lesson. She's been walking around with her toy Merida bow and arrow since Saturday when she saw the movie so we are going to surprise her :). She's actually gotten quite good at the toy. At first she had no clue and there were some meltdowns, but she's been really practicing and there are little paper bullseyes taped up all over the house. I am sure she will be walking around the fort all next week with her bow around her back and her arrows strapped to her. I'll post a review if we get in on Saturday :)

Yay! Signed up Bella...and Rick. Rick: "But I want to do it tooooo!" Me: "Really? You don't want to just watch Bell?" Rick, with his obvious face: "No. I wanna play." We'll be there for the 245 on Saturday. Shhh, don't tell Bella :)

Yay! Signed up Bella...and Rick. Rick: "But I want to do it tooooo!" Me: "Really? You don't want to just watch Bell?" Rick, with his obvious face: "No. I wanna play." We'll be there for the 245 on Saturday. Shhh, don't tell Bella :)

Love it! Have fun and can't wait to hear all about it.

That's my buddy Ranger Mark...what, you don't think England has cowboys? :clint:

Don't know... but they have Robin Hood! ;D :heart:

by the way, the cub scouts won't count it towards the kids belts or pins if you are thinking in that direction

it has to be at a cub scout camp and held by cub scout leaders and masters

just fyi

Yep. BTDT.

Lil H would love this activity!!