How long before the newly graduated new hires that are running things figure out that Avatarland is a stupid concept?

If I was an odds maker in Vegas I would say it is about 500 to 1 that they do an about face and scuttle the project......bc more and more I think the people in charge are morons.

I don't care what the suspender wearing PR idiots say, itzazu

How long before the newly graduated new hires that are running things figure out that Avatarland is a stupid concept?

As you like to say, when you're right, you're right. Itzazu.

As for the geniuses running things, I am afraid they won't figure out it's a bad idea until well after it has been built.

TCD

Ok so I saw about 4 minutes of Avatar on cable the other night. I'll grant you that Pandora is pretty darn cool looking, and I'll probably give the whole movie a whirl at some point, but an entire "land" dedicated to it might get old fast. Plus unless they crank a sequel out soon, by the time Avatarland is built it'll be more than old news.

At least WWOHP has staying power because kids still pick up the books and there are 8 movies floating around.

Ok so I saw about 4 minutes of Avatar on cable the other night. I'll grant you that Pandora is pretty darn cool looking, and I'll probably give the whole movie a whirl at some point, but an entire "land" dedicated to it might get old fast. Plus unless they crank a sequel out soon, by the time Avatarland is built it'll be more than old news.

At least WWOHP has staying power because kids still pick up the books and there are 8 movies floating around.

I have seen most of it on TV now too.

It's an OK movie, but I have not heard of one person who is excited to visit Avatarland. And, this is not a movie for kids, even pre-teens, so how will this fit in at a place where everything is supposed to be appropriate for the whole family? There is a lot of violence in that movie too.

From what I understand, there are several sequels planned.

I really think that James Cameron has offered to foot all or most of the bill for this, as it will be a big promotion for the future movies.

TCD

Well ol' Jim better get hoppin'!

The only thing shorter than the general public's memory these days is their attention span.

Personally I wish they'd gone with some of the recurring plans/rumors for the "Night Kingdom" park... or whatever they were thinking when they originally planned AK and put that dragon in the logo.

I guess I wonder most about how smart it is to tie an entire land to a particular movie franchise that will eventually be passe (unless they pull a Harry Potter and churn out sequels for 10 years).

The Avatar story can't possibly have the staying power of Harry Potter. This will be the biggest blunder in Disney History. It will make the"John Carter" financial debacle look like the twenty dollars you accidentally washed and dried in your favorite pair of jeans.

The worst thing about it........it will keep them from spending money in other areas as previously discussed (additional WS countries, left side of Future World updates, DHS (CarsLand? or some other land/Jim Hill's Monster's Inc Coaster :rofl2: , replace Stitch at MK, etc.)