Frozen Grapefruit Margarita - Boardwalk Joe's, Disney’s Boardwalk Resort

From the Disney Food blog...

Review: Frozen Grapefruit Margarita Disney’s Boardwalk Resort

Jul 18th, 2012 by AJ.

Thanks to reader (and fellow margarita fan) Tricia, we have a new margarita to add to our Disney Margarita Gallery! This concoction was recently found at Boardwalk Joe’s.

Take it away, Tricia!

We saw the sign for the Margaritas and had to stop! Boardwalk Joe’s is always a good stop for a pre-Mexico margarita when we walk from Disney’s Hollywood Studios to Epcot.

We enjoy going for one of the seasonal drinks (i.e. Caramel Apple Margarita) so we were looking forward to trying the Grapefruit Margarita.

Boardwalk-Joe-Margarita-468x625.jpg

BoardWalk Joe Margarita

I am not someone who loves very sweet drinks, so Grapefruit was right up my alley! It tasted just like you were drinking frozen Ruby red grapefruit juice; it was tart with just a little sweetness.

Wonderful for a hot July day at Disney.

Margarita-505x625.jpg

Grapefruit Margarita

And if this margarita is not your thing, they were also offering a Rum Runner that was not listed on the sign. icon_wink.gif

To see more Disney margaritas, check out our Disney margarita gallery!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/07/18/review-frozen-grapefruit-margarita-disneys-boardwalk-resort/

Can I get to the boardwalk from the fort? If so how?

You can take a bus to Hollywood studios and then there is a boat that takes you to the Boardwalk, as well as yacht and beach club. (do not enter the park, the boat is near the buses). Or, take bus from the outpost to downtown disney and switch buses to take one from DTD to the Boardwalk.

Unfortunately they don't make it easy for you to get from resort to resort via Disney Transport, but the routes Dave mentioned are doable... they just take a bit of time.

But the Boardwalk is a fun area to hang out and you can also walk/boat over to check out the Yacht and Beach club from there easily.