Cheese Curds, Beer and Irony in the Old Ball Park

Millers Peace Prize. :rofl2: You're a freak!

Love the stained glass Miller chick. I wish I had the patience to do that, but I don't. Something about a short attention span.

Not sure if you know, Uncle Cubby has done a bunch of stained glass pieces over the years, and still teaches classes at his studio.

Here's a link if you want to see some of his stuff, since you "kind" of know him. (I haven't forgotten and I haven't forgiven you)

Ok, maybe a little. :heart:

http://cubbysartstud.../view,category/

Yes, the cave idea is genius. I think people were smarter back then, when they had to build & improvise things. Or what we like to call "redneck engineer" things.

Now we just go to Lowes (shameless plug) buy a fridge and get ice from the ice maker.

Now, I completely understand why I'm dumb. Here I thought it was all that rubber cement I ate back in grade school.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so cool! I used to work for Bacardi, Coke and some smaller bottling companies. These pictures look very familiar, just different packaging (and contents).

Plus you're cracking me up!

When the whole "micro-brewery" craze was happening in the 90's my husband and I had several in town we used to frequent, and I remember it kinda stunk. I do like beer (probably a little too much;) but boy it reeked! Did it smell funky in the brewing area?

FP4

cool pics G!

Thanks Dream Machine, we actually got a new one right before this trip. We were looking at the Nikons, but got a great deal on a Olympus with a 24X zoom, so we went with that for the races.

Millers Peace Prize. :rofl2: You're a freak!

Love the stained glass Miller chick. I wish I had the patience to do that, but I don't. Something about a short attention span.

Not sure if you know, Uncle Cubby has done a bunch of stained glass pieces over the years, and still teaches classes at his studio.

Here's a link if you want to see some of his stuff, since you "kind" of know him. (I haven't forgotten and I haven't forgiven you)

Ok, maybe a little. :heart:

http://cubbysartstud.../view,category/

Yes, the cave idea is genius. I think people were smarter back then, when they had to build & improvise things. Or what we like to call "redneck engineer" things.

Now we just go to Lowes (shameless plug) buy a fridge and get ice from the ice maker.

Now, I completely understand why I'm dumb. Here I thought it was all that rubber cement I ate back in grade school.

We'll address your "concerns" in September. But Tony has accepted the outcome, so I think you should too. :heartsmiley:

I know you were in hog heaven Genia!

YUP

This is so cool! I used to work for Bacardi, Coke and some smaller bottling companies. These pictures look very familiar, just different packaging (and contents).

Plus you're cracking me up!

When the whole "micro-brewery" craze was happening in the 90's my husband and I had several in town we used to frequent, and I remember it kinda stunk. I do like beer (probably a little too much;) but boy it reeked! Did it smell funky in the brewing area?

FP4

Thanks, it smelled like a brewery no mistake about that. That should make that smell into soap.

There's a Miller Brewery not far from here. I've never checked to see it it has tours.

Nice picture of the stained glass.

PS: Our Miller Brewery is next to Mrs. Baird's bread plant. That area always smells yeasty.

Like I said when I made my first batch of home brew beer. When a women is happy with bubbles and yeast it must be beer or bread.

OK lets get this wrapped up.

So the tasting is next. You get samples of 3 different beers if you are legal age. They card you prior to the tour and you get a snazzy cool wrist band. Color coded for your tour. I.e. some lush couldn't do the 3:00 tour and hang around for the later tours for more samples....gee I never thought about that.....mine was green the next was blue.

Anywho.

Oh yea, if you don't want beer you can have soda, water or leamonade.

The six of us (4 adults and 2 kids) were at a table of 8, our table mates were a couple from Oklahoma. Both were teachers and he also was the head football coach. I begged, pleaded, offered Susan's beer (she dosen't drink) to have him send some big men toward Clemson. Wait, West Virginia scored again...He said maybe. Luckily he didn't take Susan's beer. They were in the area, up from Chicago for a best friend's daughter's wedding. Great couple. I did let him have my pretzels. See, I'm nice. They gave me two bags. Go tigers!

Everyone thought that Tony and I should get a shot with all the glasses in front of us. So here it is. We did NOT consume all of these.

P7260081.jpg

P7260080.jpg

Thats it, thats the tasting pics. Yes there was more, but rule #1 No kids.

The beers we had:

1. Miller Light (not shown)

2. Lienenkugal Honey Weiss (middle)

3. High Life (outer beers)

All were good. I normally don't care for a sweeter beer, but the Honey was NOT overpowering in the Weiss..

We did not steel any glasses. Never crossed our minds. They do pick them up quickly and are available at the gift shop. Cargo pants clink.

After the tastings we made it back to the vehicle for Susan to take us downtown Milwaukee for the Milwaukee Brew Warehouse. We enjoyed a great supper with some craft beers on the river. Downtown they have several bars and craft brewers on the river. AND they have a lush boat that will take you to all of them. We did not boat. We enjoyed one place. But it is on my list for next time.

After dinner, we headed home through the corn fields. It was such a pleasent evening, a fire was built.

No wussy Fort codes on this fire pit.

7fa16d8d.jpg

We called it an evening eary in the morning after some brews and other refreshments.

GREAT TIMES!

On a roll.

So the next morning everyone was just cool hanging at the house. With the recent rain, meant recent grass growth. And well Craig is ANAL about his yard. But his riding mower needed some TLC, so Dalton got to cut the yard for only the second time pushing. For a 8 year old, he did a great job! He is into the idea of earning some money in the neighborhood so he is Motivated. Got to love child labor.

The big boys worked on the riding mower. But unfortunately, the riding mower had more of an issue than first thought. In fact it is having some engine work done on it as I type. So Dalton will be back to work this week end too. Lucky him.

We did swing by a Pic and Save for some refills.

Got a local 12 pack of New Glarus. This brewery is a do over.

99bc9115.jpg

After a relaxing day around the house, we headed out to dinner at a Italian joint called Salute in downtown Racine. IF you are evah in Racine, check this place out. The best Italitan food I have EVER had. The owner actually was in the Army and actually a advisor on the movie "We were Soldiers" with Mel Gibson. He has some movie artifacts and military items displayed. Very nice place.

I saw this on the way to the River Front: Sorry for the glare.

de20d988.jpg

After that we headed to the Italian Festival they were having on the river front. The kids were able to play in jump castles all night, and the adults just chill and talk.

They had these for $10

27c8dac0.jpg

Around 10 we called it a night when the fireworks were delayed for the second time due to wind. We were ready to get home and just chill anyway, which we did.

So we are at Saturday.

Slept in, as much as the kiddies would let us. After some yogurt and coffee I was ready to go.

We hit Culver's for the second time for lunch. Yea, I got cheese curds. Even tried the custard. They have great custard. No pics to prove it though.

The baby sitter came mid afternoon for the kids. It was adults only going to the game. Brewers vs Nats at Miller Park.

Lets Go.

Miller Park. I swear.

P7280083.jpg

Miller Brewery. I miss ya....There was a major HighWay in between the two. I didn't want to play real life frogger.

P7280085.jpg

So we tailgaited:

b114ee70.jpg

Then we made it into the stadium.

Main Level

P7280086.jpg

Back Story: I harrassed suggested to Susan and Craig while she was expecting Dalton to name him after me. I even said Lee is such a good strong southern name for the yankee. But they wouldn't listen for some reason. They may have mumbled something about a family name or something like that. I didn't let it die. So when she went into labor on Sunday, a NASCAR Sunday racing at Texas in 04, I told them to name him after whoever won. This is pre Danica, so it would be a male's name. Well Elliot Sadler won that race in the M&Ms car. So When Craig FINALLY called to let me know moma and Dalton was healthy, he started off with, "I am not naming my son after Elliot Sadler". Well, little did he know.

Dalton has been called ELY from day one by me. Hell, I sometimes forget he is "Dalton" ELY=Elliot Lee Y************. Everything I get for him that is personalized is ELY. I'm the Southern GodMom, I know best. Right? We are actually one of 2 sets of GodParents. Craig's bro is the Northern and legit ones. We just buy NASCAR stuff and spoil him (and his sis).

So he needed a new jersey, I was late on a Bday gift, I win. Plus he understand this is Christmas, Velentines Day, Easter, July 4h, and every other Holiday, those things are EXPENSIVE. But I do spoil the youngin. So before we got to our seats, I had to make a purchase for ELY. Yes, there were better pics, but this is the only one without his cute face. And that is an adult small so he has some years to grow into it.

84b207e0.jpg

So here are our seats: Not bad.

P7280094.jpg

Scoreboard:

P7280092.jpg

Wiener Race:

P7280113.jpg

I got thirsty watching the wieners, so I went to grab beer. Next irony.

Irony, the Finish and we are done with this TR.

OK we are at Miller Park, sponsored by Miller Brewery and I am going to buy some beer. I couldn't get lost in the Brewery EVEN WHEN I TRIED. But oh no, put me in a park with Susan who SUX at directions and we get lost! Well I did tell her to go ahead, I would catch up, and I was by myself. And I had to text tony to find out what section I was suppose to be in. And then I missed that one and started playing pop the gopher. You know, you've seen the lost souls pupping up every section to they get to the right one. And you just laugh at them. Well that was me. Don't you feel bad for me? Don't you? I didn't either.

Finally, I found you, Chariots of Fire was playing and all: :clint:

P7280142.jpg

I may have been rescued: :banghead:

P7280144.jpg

I was cut off.

P7280124.jpg

And no if you text friends outside the state they can't help you either in this situation. They just laugh. :beathorse:

Dipsy Do, or whatever the Dog is named didn't slide:

P7280098.jpg

Heading out:

db786aae.jpg

No pics after that. We got home, gave Ely his jersey and crashed. We had an early flight out the next morning. 0745 early.

So we were up at 0500 to get to the airport in time. We said our goodbyes and were out of there.

SouthWest got us to Baltimore on time the first leg. The second leg was late leaving by 30 minutes, and then had to be divereted to Greenville, SC since the Charleston airport was closed due to storms. We go into Charleston around 600, when originally due at 330. But we got there safe and sound. And I shouldn't have to fly anytime soon. :jumpforjoy

This was not needed during our trip:

be985ea3.jpg

And my final parting shots:

f1ddaf35.jpg

a7f33ba6.jpg

4b1e7e90.jpg

Gee, you ran right though this report.

$10 per cup of beer, I assume you took out a second mortgage?

Was the Irony part, that you were drinking a Fat Squirrel?

Bell Ambulance? Please God, tell me they are not related to you.

I have seen MANY people lose their way in a stadium! I laugh at them too and if they're with me, I slink down in my seat and see how many times they walk in circles.

Sorry your flight/weather was so bad. I know it was a long day for you guys.

Fun report. Friends are great, beer is good, and baseball has hot, fit men in uniforms. :thumbsup2:

Those are niced sized sample glasses.

This makes me miss how they used to give out beer samples at Busch Gardens and Sea World.

TCD

I'd say they were 8-10 ounces. And FREE! And COLD!!!

Great update G. Hopefully the coach will send some players! "West Virginia scored again." That is funny and never gets old.

Thank Ya. Hopefully some BIG players. We can only get better in defense.

$10 per cup of beer, I assume you took out a second mortgage?

When are you going to get your eyes checked or a bigger monitor? That is a PITCHER!

Was the Irony part, that you were drinking a Fat Squirrel?

suuuuurrrreeeeeee.

Bell Ambulance? Please God, tell me they are not related to you.

Knowing the family forest tree, probably.

I have seen MANY people lose their way in a stadium! I laugh at them too and if they're with me, I slink down in my seat and see how many times they walk in circles.

That would put you under the booster seat right?

Fun report. Friends are great, beer is good, and baseball has hot, fit men in uniforms. :thumbsup2:

AMEN

Great report Genia!!!

I enjoyed the brewery tour pics. Have never been to the Miller brewery, but we toured the AB brewery in St Louis last year, and enjoyed the samples. Those were big too, and everyone got 2. Since we had a couple of people in our group not drinking, I may have had more than 2. Just maybe.

The caves look really cool too...would love to see those someday.

Oh, and Culvers. Yum! Had custard there tonight in fact, after dinner at Chick Fil A.

Great finish.....sorry no homerun. It would have been fun to see him slide!

I lived in DC for 14 months, while they were playing in the old JFK stadium. Behind the braves, I am a Nats fan. So I won, didn't get to see the dog slide, and Craig wasn't happy. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Awesome Job Genia! Love the story about being lost in the stadium. Been here done that!

Ditto. KS couldn't help, Fl couldn't help and my SC Tony barely could help. And WI blocked the call.

Great report Genia!!!

Thanks!

I enjoyed the brewery tour pics. Have never been to the Miller brewery, but we toured the AB brewery in St Louis last year, and enjoyed the samples. Those were big too, and everyone got 2. Since we had a couple of people in our group not drinking, I may have had more than 2. Just maybe.

Sorry you HAD to take one for the team.

The caves look really cool too...would love to see those someday.

:rofl2:

Oh, and Culvers. Yum! Had custard there tonight in fact, after dinner at Chick Fil A.

I'm not into icecream, but Tony really REALLY liked it.