Nutella Waffle Sandwich in Magic Kingdom Park

From the Disney Food Blog. Follow the link for more photos...

Review: Nutella Waffle Sandwich in Magic Kingdom Park

Aug 28th, 2012 by AJ.

Welcome back, friends, to one of the great hidden gems of Walt Disney World dining! Sleepy

Hollow Refreshments in the Magic Kingdom offers so many unique and classic Disney treats that the entire menu likely worth ordering these days!

From funnel cakes and Chicken and Wild Rice Soup to homemade ice cream cookie sandwiches and Liberty Swirl slushes (review coming soon!), this spot is a Disney Snack Superstar these days.

However, it’s the Waffle Sandwiches that are truly putting Sleepy Hollow on the map! Included in the list are a breakfast sandwich; a ham, proscuitto, and swiss sandwich, a spicy chicken sandwich, and this outstanding Fruit and Nutella sandwich!

Nutella-Waffle-600x400.jpg

Nutella Waffle Sandwich With Fruit

I couldn’t wait to get my first taste of this sweet waffle sandwich. Pairing trendy Nutella — a chocolate hazelnut spread that I became addicted to when I was working overseas (try it with peanut butter!!) — with gorgeous berries bananas and smooshing it all into a giant Belgian waffle is clearly a genius idea!

Sleepy-Hollow-Menu-7-12-397x625.jpg

Sleepy Hollow Menu -- July 2012

The first thing you notice when you get any of these waffle sandwiches is that They. Are. HUGE.

Seriously, these sandwiches could easily feed two or three people, especially if you’re just getting them as a snack and not a meal.

And since they’re HUGE, that means they’re very difficult to eat. I mean…I just kind of stared at the thing for a while, there on the table. So much so that the gentleman next to me asked if I was going to eat it or just look at it.

Nutella-Waffle-21-600x537.jpg

Big. Giant. Honkin'. Waffle.

Alas, I was making a spectacle of myself, so I had to figure out how to consume this thing. First, I tried to pick it up and take a bite out of it like it was a regular sandwich. No go. The thing was so stuffed with fruit that it was falling apart (can’t ding Disney for small portions, that’s for sure).

After an ill-fated attempt that ended with me getting chocolate all over my face (of which some still remained when I got back to my hotel room about 8 hours later that evening…yep — classy AJ, that’s what they call me), I decided to fork-and-knife it.

This worked much better, but in order to make this method work, I had to consume a lot of the fruit before I could really dig into the waffle. No worries — the fruit was delicious (and I’m a very picky fruit eater).

Once I got down to the waffle, you can see what a generous portion of Nutella there was smeared onto the sandwich!

Nutella-Goodness-600x400.jpg

Chocolatey Goodness

And even though it definitely took a while to consume (and I couldn’t finish all of it, as expected), the flavors and textures worked perfectly together — the spongy malt of the waffle, the tart and juicy berries, the smooth banana, and that incredible sweetness of the chocolate-hazelnut Nutella.

This is a truly unique and recommended treat if you happen to have 20 minutes to kill in the Magic Kingdom. While I tackled it alone (and you certainly can, too), it never hurts to have a few friends with you! Get a couple of the waffle sandwiches and enjoy!

Have you tried one of Sleepy Hollow’s waffle sandwiches? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/08/28/review-nutella-waffle-sandwich-in-magic-kingdom-park/#more-64533

^ Great photo, Stef!

Since the blogger didn't try the Chicken or Ham waffle sandwiches, I will add that the TCD gang has sampled both of those, and they are great!

Photos:

Image2832.jpg

Image2833.jpg

I noticed that they raised the price on the Nutella waffle- it used to be $5.59, but even at $5.99, it still a buck cheaper than the other two, and according to the TCD twins, the Nutella one is the best of the three.

TCD

^ Great photo, Stef!

Since the blogger didn't try the Chicken or Ham waffle sandwiches, I will add that the TCD gang has sampled both of those, and they are great!

Photos:

Image2832.jpg

So how was the spicy chicken?

If Tony gets one, that will be it. WE both LOVE spicy food, so any kick or is it wimpy spicy?

So how was the spicy chicken?

If Tony gets one, that will be it. WE both LOVE spicy food, so any kick or is it wimpy spicy?

It was good, but way more sweet than it was spicy. No kick at all. Really wimpy.

Have you ever had the Chick-Fil-A spicy chicken biscuit? It's not even that spicy.

Sorry.

But, it's still a good sandwich. And a very good price compared to what they charge at other locations in WDW.

TCD

One mo question. Can you get the nutella on the side? I've never tried the stuff, but know I want the fruit.

I'm sure you could. They make each sandwich one at a time. TCD Twin #1 was smart enough to tell them to leave the weeds fancy greens off of hers and they did.

They sell little tubs of nutella at Walmart- maybe you could try it before you go. It's not awful.

TCD