Pet Loops to avoid due to cypress tree mess?

Hi Again!

Have read complaints by some pet owners about loops that have lots of cypress trees that make a mess and get stuck in your pets hair. A real hassle for my two Shelties.

Which loops have this problem?

We reserved a premium site - indicated bringing pets- requested loop 800.

Looks like loops 400 thru 900 are premium pet sites . Are any of these affected by this issue?

Thanks

Have read complaints by some pet owners about loops that have lots of cypress trees that make a mess and get stuck in your pets hair. A real hassle for my two Shelties.

May I ask where you read that?

We take Buddy there just about every weekend including yesterday to walk around and I didn't notice anything unusual in the 1300, 1600, or 1700 loops

Probably heard it from me and I'd say avoid 300 at all cost - although 300 is a Preferred loop.

Let's just say they don't call it "Cypress Knee Circle" for nuthin'.

Of course we don't help our cause by requesting the sites with the massive cypress trees right next to them.

In addition to Brady's tail turning into a cypress broom, we are usually picking them out of our camper/truck the whole next year.

Keep in mind though that we're also often there when the cypress are shedding (November-ish). Not sure if it's as bad other times of the year.

We take Buddy there just about every weekend including yesterday to walk around and I didn't notice anything unusual in the 1300, 1600, or 1700 loops

Read a complaint about 1900 loop . (On one of the numerous forums).

We'll be there in early Dec., so if they start shedding their leaves in Nov., it could be messy.

700 is good. Avoid 1900 at all costs. We have a mini Schnauzer. When we stayed in 1900 it took us 20-30 minutes every time we took her out to clean the cypress droppings from her hair.

And I don't think it matters what time of year you go since the cypress droppings are never cleaned up.

I have never heard of this being a problem. But cypress trees are deciduous, so that means they will drop their leaves at some point in the winter. Even in mild winters.

I would say that the premium loops have less cypress trees than do the full hook up loops. 300 and 1500 also have a lot of cypress trees.

Since 700 is good, as Gwen says, then I think 800 would be good too. Those loops don't seem to have as many cypress trees as others. The first part of the 600 loop has very few trees, and maybe no cypress trees

TCD

I see that this same question has had zero, yup zero, responses elsewhere and it was posted earlier.

Once again, FFNet has demonstrated that if you want feedback regarding Fort Wilderness, this is the only place to be.

Sorry for the hijack and PSA BNR, but I need to brag once in a while as I'm very proud of what Jen & Chris have created.

When we stayed in 900 in late Nov/early Dec, it was freakishly clean.....there's so much concrete on those sites, the trees are pretty far away, lol! I would guess 800 would be the same. Mo's right about 300 though. I about died staying there after 900 (yeah, not really, but the amount of what we lovingly call "tree goo" was astounding. We were cleaning it out of the camper for months!) I remember dragging in a lot of shell material when we stayed full-hookup, too. A clean camper and clean dogs make my life a whole lot easier, which is why we're requesting 900 this trip. I think you'll be fine in 800, too.

Lou we will be at the fort next week wed afternoon till sunday bring buddy so charlie and I can meet him

We stayed for 2 weeks in 800 right after Thanksgiving last year and didn't have a problem with our Australian Terriers. They don't have much ground clearance and have low hanging fur, so we definitely would have remembered if this was a problem!