So the FtW "Miss Know-It-All" has a question!

Okay, okay! I'll take the razzing but, there is something relatively current that I just don't know. I thought I read somewhere that internet is now offered at each site......for free!!

Is this true? The info said it was included in the CaTV & no special connection was needed. Uh - wouldn't that be cable hookup requiring a modem? I know I'm not as techno-minded as others but, is it possible that each site is now set up for wi-fi??

It's been almost a year since I've camped at the Fort and inquiring minds want to know!

It sure as shootin' is free!

But yes, you still need to rent their modem to get the wired internet connection.

However WiFi is on the way!

They've already started the project and reports are they're still working on the WiFi throughout the Fort (also free) but you absolutely can get free wired internet at the Fort. And the places where the paid WiFi was previously available now offer it for free as well.

More details here...

http://www.fortfiend...wilderness-r238

We used the free wi-fi in the 600 loop when we were there 4th of July. I was on site 610 and Bob was on 608. He got a slightly stronger signal than I did. But it got the job done!

don't you mean you had the free wi-fi because I assure you that you didn't USE it. Because we would have never been so bad had you been watching us

It sure as shootin' is free!

But yes, you still need to rent their modem to get the wired internet connection.

However WiFi is on the way!

They've already started the project and reports are they're still working on the WiFi throughout the Fort (also free) but you absolutely can get free wired internet at the Fort. And the places where the paid WiFi was previously available now offer it for free as well.

More details here...

http://www.fortfiend...wilderness-r238

??? When we were there in July we didn't have to rent the modem. Just went to the Outpost and gave them our site number and they gave us the whole kit. We brought our wireless router from home and hooked to their modem; Bingo!! instant Wi-Fi.

Great idea to bring your own wireless router Gary! I wish I had thought of that. When were there in April I got a fair wifi signal at site 2023 in my camper. In June I got no wifi in site 1509, but people sat at the bus stop to get it from the Meadows. I did just fine at the pool as well.

Wifi has always been, and will always be, free in the 3000 loop.

??? When we were there in July we didn't have to rent the modem. Just went to the Outpost and gave them our site number and they gave us the whole kit. We brought our wireless router from home and hooked to their modem; Bingo!! instant Wi-Fi.

Sorry -"rent" was the wrong word. "Borrow" would have been more accurate. :)

They make you leave a (fairly hefty) deposit, but you get it back when you return it.

The lousy thing is that there are only so many modems to go around and when more people start hearing that the connection is now FREE, I'd imagine they're going to be tough to get sometimes.

All the more reason they need to hop-to on the WiFi project!

• 4 weeks later...

We borrowed a kit on our last trip and got charged $125.00 deposit. We got a 99.41 refund on our credit card the day we left after turning it in. I thought we would get a full refund, not sure why the difference. I will call tomorrow and see why the weird amount.

-Laura

We got the internet cable kit when we were there 2 weeks ago. I didn't get billed anything. They held my cc acct number in case I didn't return the kit - then I'd get billed the $125. But so far - no charge. Do make a note that there is no wi-fi in the 1700 loop yet & they cannot tell you anything when you check in other than "try it and see".

We got the internet cable kit when we were there 2 weeks ago. I didn't get billed anything. They held my cc acct number in case I didn't return the kit - then I'd get billed the $125. But so far - no charge. Do make a note that there is no wi-fi in the 1700 loop yet & they cannot tell you anything when you check in other than "try it and see".

Oh, so you go to the fort and I don't get a hey we're at the fort ? Google starlight mint cupcakes and then once you see them bake a batch up and take some to Lar and enjoy them together. Jackwagon people won't even give me info.