DW and I are wondering if a visit to MNSSHP would be something we would enjoy. Mid to late 60s never grew up. Do not eat much candy, but love to have fun. Am staying at Fort Wilderness all week and need to decide if we are going or not. BigTom

I haven't been to MNSSHP but it was going on last year when we were at The Fort. One evening we were on the internal Fort bus and and each stop people in costume were getting on - a number of them in your (my) age range. Seems like if you are going, dressing up would be part of the fun. They were all excited. I hope it lived up to their expectation.

If you decide not to go, you can still watch the fireworks with piped in scary music on The Fort's beach.

I went two years ago (late 50's here) and I had a BLAST!! I went to each candy station and did the old "trick or treat, smell my feet" thingy, and got twice as much candy as my DH who simply held his bag out. Would I do it again?? No. But I am soooooo glad we did go at least once!! Go ahead and splurge!! The parade is worth it if nothing else!

I think MNSSHP has the best parade around, and I love the transformation that Main Street makes is amazing and fun. We never do the candy stations (no kids) but enjoyed dressing up in costume, though many don't. I have heard others complain about crowds but we have always enjoyed short lines.

40s here, no kids. We had a blast!

I had to talk DH into going. We'd been to a couple of MVMCP and he was not so impressed and not keen to do it again. He *loved* the Halloween party and said he'd definitely do it again. We loved how they changed the atmosphere of the park to make it spookier, added some fun characters (like the ghost lady at the Haunted Mansion), the fireworks were super and the parade is probably our favorite of all the Disney parades. DH isn't a parade guy and even he said it was great.

Trick or treating was a hoot - talk about feeling like a kid again. I brought most of the candy to work when we got home (ok, I ate all the reese's and almond joys and saved a few tootsie rolls LOL) but it was still fun and we actually had to stop at some point because our bags were chuck full. :)

I posted some pics on another thread...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/7091-mnsshp/#entry185163

Some other info that might help...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/7584-mnsshp-2012/page__hl__mnsshp