We took our maiden voyage in our new (to us) little motor home the weekend of 9/27-9/30. The MH is a 2006 Forest River Lexington Class C - 26' cutie. I loaded up the golf cart & drove over by myself. The unit drove like a kitten! Rick left work when I left home and coincidentally pulled in behind me at check-in. We were in site 1724 (which we have stayed in before).

I backed in with no problems & we were set up in minutes. Minor set-back was when the battery in Rick's Ford Edge died. Thankfully it is under warranty & Ford had someone out within 20 minutes to jump start him - and then he went to the dealer to get the battery replaced.

As far as the motor home goes, there are some minor changes we are making. The stereo & surround sound are out - $200 fix. Minor plumbing leak - which we were prepared for. I made some black-out curtains for the cab area but didn't care for the closed in feeling it created so we ordered an ADCO cover for the windshield and side windows. It came today & was a cinch to put on. Rick reversed the bathroom door so it no creates a privacy area for the bath & bedroom, which allows more maneuverability when showering and dressing. Little things like creating cabinets in the over-cab area & installing a wireless router. We usually stay in a full hook-up loop and as of yet, no wi-fi so you need to get the modem kit from the front desk. No big deal there.

In the future we will get awnings installed on the two side windows & replace all the day/night blinds. One step at a time.

I'm sorry we didn't stop in to see anyone. My DH is somewhat of a recluse and is very protective of his "Fort Time". I did see Lisa's site on 800 & Dave's site & Stef's site - both in 400. Went past a few times but because the DH was with me, I couldn't stop. He's not as social as I am and every time I went to go looping - he wanted to come so - maybe next time. We are going back 10/11 thru 10/17 and am going to try for one of the first 6 - 7 sites on the right side of the 1800 loop. They sure are pretty. I know Dave will still be there & am going to try to catch up then.

Sorry I don't have pictures yet. Want to wait until it's just perfect before I show it off. The main thing is.... I CAN DRIVE THIS ALL BY MYSELF!!! :jumpforjoy

I have booked a trip up to Tallahassee at the end of November. We've never seen our state's capital & sounded like a fun thing. The best thing about this MH is that it's small enough you don't need to have a toad. Just unplug and go - it's that small. Makes for the perfect MH / day cruiser! I love it!

I'm sorry we didn't stop in to see anyone. My DH is somewhat of a recluse and is very protective of his "Fort Time".

I can understand that - having some quality time with family is important! We usually go to a local campground for Memorial Day weekend and frequently have friends and family stop by. There have been several times that I have looked out over the water at the kids having a blast on the raft and wishing I was in the water with them instead of entertaining. One of my really good friends could tell one time and we grabbed the fishing poles and headed on down to the lake!

Glad to hear that the new RV is working out and you can drive it. Nancy and I have always had that concern on longer road trips, that she won't be able to get it home if I were not capable, and that almost happened last April. Good for you to be willing and able to drive it!

Can't imagine a better place for a shakedown trip than the fort. So glad you're happy with the new MH and had a good trip!