A Fall in The Canyon

Those are some beautiful early morning pictures. Thank you for sharing. Really enjoyed the report.

Thanks Dave!

Great report YC! Those last couple shots are beautiful with all the colors. Thanks for taking us on your family vacation.

Thank you for coming along. We didn't know what to expect from this park, but it really delivered.

I feel the same way about Halloween, the time is approaching when our oldest will be more interested in just hanging with his friends than going with us :(. Amazing how fast time is moving along. The picture above is my favorite of the set. I love the composition and the color of the leaves. Great job! This was an excellent report. Thanks for taking the time to share it!

I am hoping that if we keep camping when the day comes they are too big to trick or treat they will still want to camp with us.

It is easy to see why it is Cloudland Canyon in these pictures. I like that one and the one with the pine tree in the foreground the best myself.

WOW, we are getting some color in the low country, but NOTHING like this.

This was such a fluke that it turned out to be so pretty. We thought we were going to see something nice but not as nice as it was.

WOW!!!! Just wow at those sunrise photos! Outstanding! I literally got goose bumps thinking about sitting there seeing that in person. You are right to not look forward to the day whey you have no kids left who want to trick-or-treat. That was me last night. The last four Halloweens we were lucky to be at the Fort. This year, we were home. The girls didn't bother going out, even though we got some at our door in their age group. A new chapter in my life. Sad. So enjoy it while you can! On a brighter note, we had our first college acceptance email yesterday, so we still have lots of fun things to look forward to. Just not trick-or-treating. TCD

Thanks TCD, I thought of the sunrise pictures from your very own trip reports. I would have preferred mine to be at the Fort like yours, but this was a great substitute.

I know the day will come that we won't trick or treat, but I only hope I can spend as much time with my kids as I have seen you spend with the twins. You have a great thing going there. The families we trick or treat with have agreed we will sit at the end of driveway with a firepit and pass out candy and enjoy seeing other people's kids when ours move on past this stage.

I have had the opportunity in my past life to share that college accpetance feeling with a lot of kids and I can only imagine how proud you must feel when it is about your own kids. I know your oldest has already been there done that but I am sure it is just as satisfying the second time around.

Incedentality we have twin neices that will be in college next year and looks like they may be splitting up schools. We are all a little shocked. Do you think your twins will stick together?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this TR love seeing the beautiful leaf color.

Guess what I miss about the lack of a fall season in Central Fla?

The smell of fallen leaves.

Didn't even realize it until one year I was in N.C. in Oct. and there was that wonderful aroma as I kicked walked through a bunch of leaves.

Thanks for sharing.

Incedentality we have twin neices that will be in college next year and looks like they may be splitting up schools. We are all a little shocked. Do you think your twins will stick together?

I wish that they would.

But, they have different interests, and may end up at different schools.

My oldest daughter is applying to grad schools, and she probably will be attending an out of state university next year.

It is a very real possibility that I will have daughters at three different schools next year.

That will take a lot of getting used to by everyone in the family.

TCD