Our Wildest Halloween Ride through the Wilderness!

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanna go back... and I want everyone to come toooooooo

Friday, November 2 – Major Pixie Dust! -- Part 1 Had breakfast in the moho, then we had another long wait at the bus stop. Finally got to EPCOT: How often do you see a rainbow and the moon at the sa

Thank you! I have to be awake at 5am to receive more pixie dust tomorrow but I can't sleep. David has been snoring for an hour. I'm frustrated.

Dad is in the hospital again. I got a call at 4am that he had fallen last night and Mom called an ambulance.

Turns out his blood pressure was too low (causing him to be dizzy), so they took him off one of them. Thankfully nothing was broken, but he did bleed a lot from cuts on his arm. Another problem (probably result of his prostate cancer) will cause him to go home with a catheter until he can get in to see the urologist.

Will try to post again soon, but hopefully all of you are out enjoying turkey with your families and not reading here!

Okay, so let's finish up our last full day at the fort:

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 -- The Dreaded Last Park Day -- Part 11

After cleaning up Dolly and having dinner, we headed back to the MK. I wanted to take some nighttime shots in the new Fantasyland area.

We had a nice sunset:

DSCN0818.jpg

DSCN0820.jpg

DSCN0821.jpg

I was so disappointed when we got to new Fantasyland! I didn't take my tripod, and the area was so dark that it was impossible to get good shots without it:

DSCN0824.jpg

So we just wandered through the area awhile, visited the Haunted Mansion, then went back to the castle area.

DSCN0822.jpg

Tonight was the first lighting of the Dreamlights. I claim bragging rights on being the first to post these photos!

DSCN0829.jpg

DSCN0830.jpg

DSCN0832.jpg

Looking back down Main Street:

DSCN0833.jpg

We stopped at the ice cream shop for one last treat. I had the sugar-free raspberry sorbet again. It is soooooooo good!

DSCN0835.jpg

We walked back down Main Street and said our goodbyes to the MK:

DSCN0836.jpg

DSCN0840.jpg

DSCN0841.jpg

David had wanted to beat the after-the-fireworks rush out of the park. I was hoping to make it back to the beach in time to see the finale. But the fireworks were really short that night and ended when we had just passed the Contemporary.

DSCN0845.jpg

Goodbye, Magic Kingdom. Hope to see you again soon!

Great last day!!!!

Yes, we did have a great day. And a very busy day. Had we stayed, the next day would have been a fort day. I could barely walk the next morning!

Great TR ! The photos of the castle were incredible. Nice job !

Thank you!

DSCN0833.jpg

This is from the 6th? And before fireworks but after the castle lighting? The family in front of you in this picture is having their photo taken by a DPI photographer. That photographer was me. I remember being in this location during the first castle lighting. You can see the light from my tripod light and just see my arm over the shoulder of the guy.

This is from the 6th? And before fireworks but after the castle lighting? The family in front of you in this picture is having their photo taken by a DPI photographer. That photographer was me. I remember being in this location during the first castle lighting. You can see the light from my tripod light and just see my arm over the shoulder of the guy.

Yes and yes. So sorry I didn't see you! No one has posted a pic of you at work yet!

Way to go Gwen! Bragging rights on the first posting of the Christmas Castle this year AND captured a fiend/CM at work! :bravo: Job well done!

This was a great TR... enjoyed it beginning to end!

Thanks, Kim, but I can't take any credit for capturing the fiend CM.

TR isn't over yet!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 -- Do We Really HAVE to Leave?

We woke up to another cold morning. Finished cleaning Dolly and getting her ready to roll.

One last breakfast in Trail's End (the place was nearly deserted that morning)!

DSCN0848.jpg

DSCN0850.jpg

DSCN0851.jpg

DSCN0852.jpg

DSCN0853.jpg

DSCN0855.jpg

My food:

DSCN0857.jpg

DSCN0858.jpg

DSCN0859.jpg

DSCN0861.jpg

Goodbye, Trail's End!

DSCN0862.jpg

Goodbye, marina!

DSCN0864.jpg

Goodbye, beach!

DSCN0865.jpg

Isn't DeeDee's "hairnet" tacky? We have a Sunbrella enclosure which is not removable, and so to keep it from tearing up during transit we wrap it in a tarp. One of these days I'd like to have a custom-made zippered cover for it.

DSCN0866.jpg

About this time Pirate Jeff came by to wish us safe travel. Very nice of him!

Sadly we pulled off our site:

DSCN0868.jpg

DSCN0869.jpg

Very soon another family's adventures would begin. I hoped they were a Fiend because this was a great site.

I followed David to the overflow lot, where we would load DeeDee.

DSCN0871.jpg

So sad, my bus ticket has expired!

DSCN0875.jpg

DSCN0874.jpg

This was in the overflow lot. It even has an outside shower!

DSCN0876.jpg

DSCN0877.jpg

I'm always amazed at how creative RV'ers are.

So here's DeeDee all loaded up.

DSCN0878.jpg

I commented that that's the dirtiest she has ever been, and for once David was the optimist. He said, "but look how much fun we had getting her dirty!"

Kassie was ready to ride:

DSCN0882.jpg

Mickey seemed happy to be going home. And Minnie, well, she's just happy to be wherever Mickey is. Pluto was undecided, and Eeyore was miserable like me:

DSCN0879.jpg

Mmmmmmm, Barbecue Eggs Benedict!!!! Yumm!!!

That trailer you saw in overflow is Donnie's!!!!

Awesome report!! Can't wait till we can be there together again!!!

I had no idea it was Donnie's!

We so want to be back at the fort RIGHT NOW! We could live there fulltime and not look back!

Geez Gwen, your ending made ME sad! Now it' time to start planning another trip so that you have something to look forward to.

Until then, we'll all take pics to get you through. :)

I :rofl2: at DeeDee's "hairnet"

Thanks for sharing your vacation!

Great report, Gwen! I really enjoyed all the photos. Sounds like you both had a great trip and that you have the same "departure depression" as I do.

Thank you. Departure depression is still here. Can't shake it.

Great TR Gwen. Love the pictures. I hope Donnie puts up a shower curtain before he uses it.

:rofl2:

Donnie's outdoor rig is awesome!!!!

I thought so too!

I loved all your pics! Hope your dad is still improving!

Thanks! Yes, Dad is still improving.

Geez Gwen, your ending made ME sad! Now it' time to start planning another trip so that you have something to look forward to.

Until then, we'll all take pics to get you through. :)

I :rofl2: at DeeDee's "hairnet"

Thanks for sharing your vacation!

DeeDee's hairnet is a real pain.

Yes, every one please post of lots of pics!

If finances allow we'd like to go back in late January ... but that's iffy! But this TR isn't over. We aren't home yet!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 -- Do We Really HAVE to Leave?

We pulled out of the overflow lot a little after 10.

DSCN0884.jpg

DSCN0883.jpg

DSCN0885.jpg

DSCN0887.jpg

Traffic through Orlando was light, but those drivers are CRAZY!

We pulled onto I-95.

DSCN0892.jpg

This is the longest, most boring interstate. No matter where you are, it all looks the same. See?

DSCN0893.jpg

DSCN0894.jpg

Crossing the St. John's River wasn't nearly as exciting this time.

DSCN0897.jpg

We made it into Georgia around 1:30.

DSCN0899.jpg

After a brief stop at the Welcome Center to take Kassie for a walk, we got back on the road and a little while later made it to the South Carolina state line.

See, I-95 is still boring:

DSCN0902.jpg

We stopped at the Cracker Barrel in Walterboro, SC a little after 4. This was our front yard:

DSCN0903.jpg

DSCN0905.jpg

DSCN0907.jpg

We turned in for the night after an early dinner.

Thursday, November 8, 2012 -- Going Home

I slept late that morning. David woke me up at 5:30 because he was ready to leave. It was still dark out:

DSCN0910.jpg

You can tell we've arrived onto I-26. Finally there are some hills.

DSCN0915.jpg

We stopped for breakfast at Cracker Barrel in Orangeburg, SC.

DSCN0913.jpg

Bigger hills -- we're getting closer to home:

DSCN0914.jpg

We made it onto I-77 toward Charlotte:

DSCN0916.jpg

Kassie was really zonked out. She had a full tummy and an empty bladder, so she was good to go.

DSCN0917.jpg

At about 9:30 on I-77 this Yellow truck nearly ran us off the road:

DSCN0919.jpg

We were in the left-hand lane ready to pass him when he suddenly moved into the left lane, missing us by maybe ten feet! David had to slam on the brakes. A car hauler was on our bumper. It's a wonder we weren't sandwiched!

We stopped at FJ in Rock Hill, SC, to refuel:

DSCN0921.jpg

And shortly after crossed the NC line.

DSCN0922.jpg

If you are traveling through Charlotte, NC, please, please, PLEASE take the 485 inner loop toward Huntersville:

DSCN0923.jpg

Instead of bumper-to-bumper, and usually stopped, traffic, you will see this:

DSCN0924.jpg

It adds a few miles to the trip, but it can cut an hour or more off your time!