Be Our Guest Restaurant Lunch - New Fantasyland Expansion in Magic Kingdom

WDWMagic has posted a review of lunch at the new Be Our Guest Restaurant, located in the Fantasyland expansion area of the Magic Kingdom...

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/be-our-guest-restaurant/news/03nov2012-review---lunch-at-new-fantasyland%27s-%27be-our-guest-restaurant%27.htm

A short excerpt...

So how was the food? In a word, fantastic. This is by far the best quick service restaurant food in the Magic Kingdom, and ranks right up there as one of the best in Walt Disney World. The grilled steak sandwich was beautifully seared, medium well, with a garlic herb butter on a good sized french roll. We substituted the fries for green bean jardiniere, which was a great accompaniment to the sandwich. Priced at 10.99, it is on a par with other quick service dishes throughout the parks. For dessert, we had the lemon meringue cupcake. It was a perfect light sweet ending to the lunch, not too large, and a nice ratio of cake to lemon cream filling and meringue on top. (You can see photos of the food at the bottom of this article)

The menu contains some interesting dishes, a notch above other quick service restaurants at Disney. Dishes like Tuna Nicoise Salad, Quinoa Salad and Braised Pork add some real quality food to the lineup. No burgers and chicken strips in sight here - thank goodness. This restaurant is about real food. It seemed that the french fries served with some dishes are just regular quick service fries, which is a shame, as there would have been a great potential here to do some really standout fries with some kind of seasoning, but at least they can be substituted out for something more fitting with the main dish. Even the kids menu is special - this is the place to take kids for real food in the Magic Kingdom.

You can view all the menus and pricing here.

The kid's menu has interesting choices. Do you know the Disney policy on adults ordering off the children's menu? It states 9 years and younger.

I have never had a problem at quick serves ordering off of the kids menus for my teen daughters.

At BOG, you are ordering from a touch screen, so there isn't even a CM to tell you what you can and can't order.

You should have no problem ordering from the kid's menu. Sit down places may be a different story.

TCD

The food sounds heavier than I prefer, but I'm excited to hear what Gwen thinks. Seems like we have similar tastes based on TR's.

I'm also just glad there's a better TS/CS option in MK. So much of the food there was "meh" and priced at a premium.

Another, more in depth review of the Be Our Guest restaurant with LOTS more photos has been posted by the Disney Food Blog...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/11/04/guest-review-be-our-guest-restaurant-lunch-in-the-magic-kingdom/

Some excerpts...

Be-Our-Guest-Restaurant-French-Onion-Soup-at-lunch-600x525.jpg

French Onion Soup

The quiche was moist and flavorful, with a flaky crust. I loved it. The salad of field greens with Champagne vinaigrette dressing was a perfect complement.

Be-Our-Guest-Restaurant-Quiche-at-lunch-600x334.jpg

Quiche

My guest thoroughly enjoyed the braised pork, which is served in a bowl, like you’d expect a hearty provincial meal to be.

The mashed potatoes and side of green beans, caramelized onions, and red peppers sort of all mix together, with a brown mushroom gravy

covering all. The braised pork is fork tender, no knives necessary.

Be-Our-Guest-Restaurant-Braised-Pork-at-Lunch-600x412.jpg

Braised Pork

Friends who also dined there that day enjoyed the Carved Turkey Sandwich and the Grilled Steak Sandwich, and both got great reviews.

Grilled-Steak-Sandwich-at-Be-Our-Guest-Restaurant-600x574.jpg

Grilled Steak Sandwich

The kids’ menu item we chose was the Carved Turkey Sandwich. My son is a verrrry picky eater and will rarely, if ever, venture outside of his favorites of plain pasta, hot dogs, pizza, and chicken fingers. He does eat turkey at home, but hasn’t made the connection that thick-sliced turkey is the same basic thing as the thin-sliced kind he has at home. I thought I could broaden his culinary horizons, but no such luck (I’ll keep trying of course).

Kids-Turkey-Sandwich-at-Be-Our-Guest-Restaurant-600x315.jpg

Kids Turkey Sandwich

We ate lunch there last Friday. I had the quiche and French Onion soup my son had the same. We both found it good but not above average. The soup was very good. My DW had the steak sandwich said it was ok but was tough and lacked taste. My DD had the braised pork she only ate half and was full so I helped her finish it was petty darn good. The mashed potatos and gravy were jam up. As Gwen said the service was wonderful and the dining rooms are really beautiful and well themed.