Sept, Oct, or Early Nov. for Disney World?? Low crowds?

So we just got back from our Disney trip to the Fort Sunday. It was great but we are definitely wanting to plan a trip with less crowds and when we can swim. It was pretty crowd Nov 25-Dec 1. We have gone the first week in October last year but it was also super crowded. We are trying to find the sweet spot of low crowds but not extremely hot! I would also really like to try the Halloween party again. We went last year and it was so crowded. I think it was bc the marathon was the weekend we arrived. Every year I read every website and blog about the best time to go and try following that be it seems that we pick the wrong one or I guess everyone is reading the same things..... HELP!! :)

I went the second week in November two years ago. It was wonderful! Not too crowded, warm enough for shorts during the day, cool enough for a sweatshirt at night by the campfire. I would avoid the first week in November, as schools in NJ are closed that Thurs. and Fri. so many parents pull the kids out early to enjoy WDW.

HTH!

We used to go the full week before Thanksgiving. F&W was ending (F&W isn't important to us because my son has food allergies) so once that Monday rolled around it was smooth sailing. But now with them having the races that weekend, I'm assuming it would be more crowded.

This year we arrived on 10/23 and the weather was awesome and crowds weren't bad, but by time we left on 11/1 it was too cold to swim! It's really a crap shoot, I think.

The week before Thanksgiving week tends to be a good one.

The 2 weeks after Thanksgiving week used to be pretty low crowds, but it's picked up quite a bit in the last several years. Still nowhere near crazybusy, but not as quiet as it used to be. We were there the week after Thanksgiving this year and Touring Plans had most parks around at a max of a 4 for crowds all week.

Weather in November is hit or miss. Between Nov 9-30 we hit everything from days in the low 80s to days in the high 60s/low 70s. Nights were cool, some where downright cold (below 50) and we put the heat on in the TT several nights - and we're from NH!

On the plus side it was not very humid and we had just one day of sprinkles, no real rain.

I would think September would be good for low crowds. Most parents who have their children in a public or private school would not pull them out so soon in the school year for a vacation. I don't remember when the MNSHP dates begin, but I thought they had some dates in September.

We go in September around the 16th. It's still really hot and we usually get some rain. However the crowds are really low. Remember going into Epcot a couple of years ago and not passing a single person, except one security guard, clear back to the land building.

Yup, I always try and go around my birthday (17th) and try to plan it for the weekend before or weekend after. Usually one is empty and the other is kinda busy.